How to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy (easy steps)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Formless
Sith Marauder

Re: How to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy (easy steps)

Post by Formless »

Emphasis mine.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Formless wrote:
Emphasis mine.
Your reasoning is a False Dichotomy. I already tried playing thanas's game, it's a waste of typing. Nor will I concede any points risen.

Even if you want to argue alternate universes, we see that the anomoly appears in each universe including the ones where he has the intention of using the pulse before actually using it. It's a causality paradox but still possible. Since the anomoly is created regardless of what universe you're in, it will be created in same universe where you'd want to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy. In fact, it should not only destroy the star wars galaxy but every star wars galaxy in every alternate universe created.
Tribun
Jedi Council Member

Post by Tribun »

You know that you just signed the piece of paper which states "Please boot me out of here?".

Despite all your points being either wrong, refuted or irrelevant, you continue to deny admitting defeat. Openly stating that pretty much has made you an acceptable target. I don't think that you'll last here for much longer.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Tribun wrote:You know that you just signed the piece of paper which states "Please boot me out of here?".

Despite all your points being either wrong, refuted or irrelevant, you continue to deny admitting defeat. Openly stating that pretty much has made you an acceptable target. I don't think that you'll last here for much longer.
as long as you all get banned as well for dogpiling and attempts made to "hijack" threads by trying to change the subject in mid-stream, then it's cool
SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

Just answer Thanas man its not that hard. :|
You will see the tears of time.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

SapphireFox wrote:Just answer Thanas man its not that hard. :|
You can't prove shit that you made up.
But since trekkieboy can not conceed an argument (heck, he could just say that he was wrong - but nooo) and can't argue his way out of a wet condom, he has to continue with his Wall of Ingnorance (TM and Copyright by Darkstar Inc.).
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

But since trekkieboy can not conceed an argument (heck, he could just say that he was wrong - but nooo) and can't argue his way out of a wet condom, he has to continue with his Wall of Ingnorance (TM and Copyright by Darkstar Inc.).
That's my point. He could go on saying what he wants (within reason and rules of course) but Thanas disserves the dignity and honor of A response.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

SapphireFox wrote:
That's my point. He could go on saying what he wants (within reason and rules of course) but Thanas disserves the dignity and honor of A response.
I've responded to him 3 times on subjects unrelated to the discussion. On the first one he wanted me to prove I can argue correctly by calculating the energy of an impact of a borg cube with a star destroyer. I responded with the calculations. Next, he asks me to justify the numbers I used like the velocity and mass of a borg ship. I justified them in my response and gave him the sources I used. Next he asks me to prove that the sources are all valid then he adds conditions like star destroyer shields and the cube surviving a bombardment while it's approaching the star destroyer. The pattern is that the posts get longer and longer and he will always look for something wrong with it or add more conditions to make the calculations wrong. His original test was simply to calculate the energy of an impact then he would be satisfied and it should have ended right there. I think that's enough to prove I can justify myself better than 99.9% of the people that post here. 8)

If you want me to prove I can admit I am wrong I'll do it. I found one point where I see I was wrong. When I posted a picture of a comic that shows what I thought was asteroids fragmenting after being shot by a star destroyer in the empire strikes back. Someone claimed that those weren't asteroids fragmenting but rather big asteroids hitting star destroyers in the background. I went and looked at the special edition comic which is basically the same comic except drawn better and it's pretty clear he was right about that. Although I'm the one that had to prove it to myself since all he said was some of the fragments looked like star destroyers.

they look like fragmented asteroids to me. Plus this was the scene right after the "i"m not afraid.... you will be... you will be" scene where you're supposed to see the star destroyer firing at asteroids

After looking at the special edition of this comic which is better drawn, it turns out it's just star destroyers getting their asses handed to them. There I was wrong about that, now are you happy. :)
SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

I've responded to him 3 times on subjects unrelated to the discussion. On the first one he wanted me to prove I can argue correctly by calculating the energy of an impact of a borg cube with a star destroyer. I responded with the calculations. Next, he asks me to justify the numbers I used like the velocity and mass of a borg ship. I justified them in my response and gave him the sources I used. Next he asks me to prove that the sources are all valid then he adds conditions like star destroyer shields and the cube surviving a bombardment while it's approaching the star destroyer. The pattern is that the posts get longer and longer and he will always look for something wrong with it or add more conditions to make the calculations wrong. His original test was simply to calculate the energy of an impact then he would be satisfied and it should have ended right there. I think that's enough to prove I can justify myself better than 99.9% of the people that post here.

I'm not the one you need to give answers for or respond to on this matter Tanas is.
If you want me to prove I can admit I am wrong I'll do it. I found one point where I see I was wrong. When I posted a picture of a comic that shows what I thought was asteroids fragmenting after being shot by a star destroyer in the empire strikes back. Someone claimed that those weren't asteroids fragmenting but rather big asteroids hitting star destroyers in the background. I went and looked at the special edition comic which is basically the same comic except drawn better and it's pretty clear he was right about that. Although I'm the one that had to prove it to myself since all he said was some of the fragments looked like star destroyers.
I'm proud of you that you can admit when you have been incorect, it is part of growth and the hallmark of a true man.
After looking at the special edition of this comic which is better drawn, it turns out it's just star destroyers getting their asses handed to them. There I was wrong about that, now are you happy.
I have to agree with you that the special edition looks a heck of alot better.
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

Yes getting destroyed by asteroids THE SAME SIZE THEY ARE. How does this make star destroyers weak again? We know ramming is an effective tactic in trek because they regularly use it with smaller craft.
Darth Hoth
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Hoth »

Comics drawings are notoriously poor evidence for quantification in any case. Add that the comic gives no indication of the velocity of either the ISDs or the asteroids and it becomes impossible to meaningfully calculate anything from it.
"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books."

-George "Evil" Lucas
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

On the first one he wanted me to prove I can argue correctly by calculating the energy of an impact of a borg cube with a star destroyer. I responded with the calculations. Next, he asks me to justify the numbers I used like the velocity and mass of a borg ship. I justified them in my response and gave him the sources I used. Next he asks me to prove that the sources are all valid then he adds conditions like star destroyer shields and the cube surviving a bombardment while it's approaching the star destroyer.
The point, remember, was to prove your assertion that a Borg Cube ramming an ISD would destroy or at least severely damage the ISD.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Even the low estimates suggest that the borg cube has at least as much mass as the star destroyer. It doesn't matter how much shielding or hull armor a star destroyer has, according to the laws of motion the star destroyer is going to get pushed hard especially if the borg cube rams them at 0.25c. Even if the star destroyer survives this impact, everyone on board will no longer look human and would need to be scraped off the walls. I honestly don't care if it will work or not. It's not related to the discussion.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

marsh8472 wrote:It doesn't matter how much shielding or hull armor a star destroyer has, according to the laws of motion the star destroyer is going to get pushed hard especially if the borg cube rams them at 0.25c. Even if the star destroyer survives this impact, everyone on board will no longer look human and would need to be scraped off the walls. I honestly don't care if it will work or not. It's not related to the discussion.
Should Thanas count that as a concession on your part then?
Darth Hoth
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Hoth »

Inertial compensators are standard technolgy for Wars. Unless someone cares to demonstrate that the Borg cube would impart orders of magnitude greater acceleration on the Executor by ramming her than Griff's flotilla did, I see no reason why the crew would be harmed.
"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books."

-George "Evil" Lucas
takemeout_totheblack
Padawan Learner
Location: Knowing where you are is no fun! Back to adventure!

Post by takemeout_totheblack »

Serafina wrote:You can't prove shit that you made up.
But since trekkieboy can not conceed an argument (heck, he could just say that he was wrong - but nooo) and can't argue his way out of a wet condom, he has to continue with his Wall of Ignorance (TM and Copyright by Darkstar Inc.).
marsh8472 wrote:Even the low estimates suggest that the borg cube has at least as much mass as the star destroyer. It doesn't matter how much shielding or hull armor a star destroyer has, according to the laws of motion the star destroyer is going to get pushed hard especially if the borg cube rams them at 0.25c. Even if the star destroyer survives this impact, everyone on board will no longer look human and would need to be scraped off the walls. I honestly don't care if it will work or not. It's not related to the discussion.
I think you give this trektard too much credit Serafina, condoms can be pretty tough! As evidenced above this shambling mockery of sentience couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag made of sweet dreams and air.
There should be an official metric in regard to stupidity, so we can insult the imbeciles, morons, and RSAs out there the civilized way.
Any ideas for units of measure?

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali fought a 80-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire earth was destroyed.
~George Foreman, February 27th 3000 C.E.
SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

marsh8472 wrote:Even the low estimates suggest that the borg cube has at least as much mass as the star destroyer. It doesn't matter how much shielding or hull armor a star destroyer has, according to the laws of motion the star destroyer is going to get pushed hard especially if the borg cube rams them at 0.25c. Even if the star destroyer survives this impact, everyone on board will no longer look human and would need to be scraped off the walls. I honestly don't care if it will work or not. It's not related to the discussion.
Even if this works :wtf: you would still be down a cube unless you want to make a claim that the cube would survive. :)

More importantly the Executor was hit by THREE not one THREE star destroyers I think that might balance the mass scales a bit more.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

I think you give this trektard too much credit Serafina, condoms can be pretty tough! As evidenced above this shambling mockery of sentience couldn't argue his way out of a wet paper bag made of sweet dreams and air.
I fucked your mom last night, she told me this is how she had you. I guess that makes me your father. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Even if this works :wtf: you would still be down a cube unless you want to make a claim that the cube would survive. :)

More importantly the Executor was hit by THREE not one THREE star destroyers I think that might balance the mass scales a bit more.
I really don't care about that right now though. This particular thread is about destroying star wars with federation technology, not the borg's.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

I really don't care about that right now though. This particular thread is about destroying star wars with federation technology, not the borg's.
Again, is that a concession to Thanas?
takemeout_totheblack
Padawan Learner
Location: Knowing where you are is no fun! Back to adventure!

Post by takemeout_totheblack »

marsh8472 wrote:
I fucked your mom last night, she told me this is how she had you. I guess that makes me your father. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Classy. You remind me of those idiots on XBox live, once they start getting pwn'd hard enough they resport to childish retarded posing. Oh, and adding the SW ref doesn't make it a burn, it makes you sound like a desperate idiot who's argued himself into a corner.
There should be an official metric in regard to stupidity, so we can insult the imbeciles, morons, and RSAs out there the civilized way.
Any ideas for units of measure?

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali fought a 80-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire earth was destroyed.
~George Foreman, February 27th 3000 C.E.
SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

marsh8472 wrote:

SUISIDAL UNATURAL PHENOMANON IS NOT TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!! IT GETS BIGGER AS IT GOES BACK IN TIME EVENTUALY REACHING THE MILKY WAY AND DESTOYES ALL LIFE THERE TOO. IT'S NOT SANE EVEN IF IT DID WORK!! :banghead:
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Again, is that a concession to Thanas?
of course not. Thanas is a big boy and a moderator. He can take care of himself and doesn't need you to make his cases for him. Let's get back on track now.
Classy. You remind me of those idiots on XBox live, once they start getting pwn'd hard enough they resport to childish retarded posing. Oh, and adding the SW ref doesn't make it a burn, it makes you sound like a desperate idiot who's argued himself into a corner.
Just giving you what you gave me, a post and no useful content. Run along now, your mother probably wants you off the computer and get your ass to school.
SUISIDAL UNATURAL PHENOMANON IS NOT TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!! IT GETS BIGGER AS IT GOES BACK IN TIME EVENTUALY REACHING THE MILKY WAY AND DESTOYES ALL LIFE THERE TOO. IT'S NOT SANE EVEN IF IT DID WORK!!
Already addressed this. It presumes that it can grow that far and is capable of continuing to grow before the big bang.
SapphireFox
Padawan Learner

Post by SapphireFox »

SUISIDAL UNATURAL PHENOMANON IS NOT TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!! IT GETS BIGGER AS IT GOES BACK IN TIME EVENTUALY REACHING THE MILKY WAY AND DESTOYES ALL LIFE THERE TOO. IT'S NOT SANE EVEN IF IT DID WORK!!

Already addressed this. It presumes that it can grow that far and is capable of continuing to grow before the big bang.
And I have seen nothing to prevent or restrict it from reaching another galaxy. Who the frack said anything about the big bang :wtf:. It sure as hell wasen't me.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

SapphireFox wrote:

And I have seen nothing to prevent or restrict it from reaching another galaxy. Who the frack said anything about the big bang :wtf:. It sure as hell wasen't me.
They go back 3 and a half billion years and the anomoly is only the size of a quarter of a single galaxy. They think the universe is only 14 billion years old and arguably time didn't exist before this point.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

Okay, for reference I've gone through the last few pages and grouped all the posts by Thanas & marsh8472 relating to Thanas' challenge here. No links sorry, but except for the last two entries all the quotes are whole posts from earlier in this thread, and have not been edited in any way, shape, or form.

Thanas wrote:I would be against any coliseum debate until the guy has shown that he can either provide evidence, argue honestly or concede a point. I do not want Ruben MK3.

So here is my challenge to him before my mind on this will change:

Earlier on he claimed that ST ships ramming an ISD will cause tremendous damage. I now ask him to show that they can do so by calculating the energy such a collision will release against the ISD and prove that this is enough to damage/destroy the ISD.

He conveniently ignored all my points in my reply, so unless he answers that one, what is the use?
Thanas wrote:I notice Marshmellow here has still not replied to my demands. So we have some rules violations here.

Interesting.
Note: marsh8472 claims he did not see Thanas' post, and now begins to attempt an answer. As we shall see, it is just that: an attempt.
marsh8472 wrote:Okay so we know that a borg cube has a mass of 90,000,000 metric tons or 90,000,000,000 kg. Its velocity at full impulse should be around 0.25c or about 75,000,000 meters per second. This gives it a kinetic energy of 0.5*90,000,000,000*75,000,000^2 = 253125000000000000000000000 joules = 60498326960 megatons of kinetic energy. Sure you can spread this force out over the surface area of the hull of the ship but it probably won't help much and since the borg cube has more mass you can bet that the star destroyer will be pushed from this causing at the very least a g-force on the ship that will probably kill everyone.
No figures for ISD shielding or inertial dampeners given. Wrong equation used. Also, do we have proof that the impulse drive doesn't require mass lightening tech to work? Moving on...
Thanas wrote:You will of course also show how much of that energy actually impacts on the Star Destroyer itself given its shield strength?

You will also demonstrate how it is capable for a warp ship to collide with an object not in warp?

You will also demonstrate how full impulse is 0.25c?

And you will demonstrate when the borg have shown superior or equal speed and maneuverability to an ISD?

YOu will also name the source for the weight of the borg cube?

You will also prove how a Borg cube can withstand over 100 volleys of an ISD, which should be about the number it will receive before it gets even into ramming range (and even that requires the Imps to be fast asleep at the helm)?
marsh8472 wrote:ok one more hoop
You will of course also show how much of that energy actually impacts on the Star Destroyer itself given its shield strength?
considering that the millenium falcon was able to fly at one and make contact with its hull i'm not sure I have to. But according to st-vs-sw the star destroyer has absorbed as much as 1e20 joules of energy so it should absorb about 0.00003% of the impact.
You will also demonstrate how it is capable for a warp ship to collide with an object not in warp?
the same way riker was about to do it. Have your flight path pass through the ship.
that's the most popular figure I got when I searched. It was actually a conservative one too. I was thinking of using the 0.9c figure.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp& ... cc3f1b6d5d <-- click
And you will demonstrate when the borg have shown superior or equal speed and maneuverability to an ISD?
has nothing to do with ramming, we see ships ram star destroyers before and they didn't have time to react fast enough to go to hyperdrive. The borg do have the use of transwarp hubs which allow them to travel across the galaxy in a short period of time, probably faster than the hyperdrive.
http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/ ... hp?brgcube says 90 million tons
You will also prove how a Borg cube can withstand over 100 volleys of an ISD, which should be about the number it will receive before it gets even into ramming range (and even that requires the Imps to be fast asleep at the helm)?
at 0.25c you really think they'll be able to get that many shots off before the cube slams into them? :D They'll do it with adaptive shielding. And...
SHELBY: Projections suggest that a Borg ship like this one could continue to function effectively even if seventy eight percent of it was inoperable.

that's how

pretty easy questions
Dodgy figures for ISD shield strength, inability to comprehend that if a ship at warp can ram it must either have mass lightening or it'll blow itself up on the first hydrogen atom it encounters, if only because the deflector dish will be shoved out the back of the ship. Borg cube & impulse speeds I gave you figures for based on Memory Alpha, especially as the DITL mass figure is one of the few unreferenced numbers on the site, and the Google link didn't work. Lack of evidence that an ISD can't scan and / or fire at lightminute ranges, despite evidence to the contrary. Lack of evidence that adaptive shields can block high-energy firepower. Lack of evidence that Shelby's projections were correct.
Thanas wrote:
marsh8472 wrote:ok one more hoop
You will of course also show how much of that energy actually impacts on the Star Destroyer itself given its shield strength?
considering that the millenium falcon was able to fly at one and make contact with its hull i'm not sure I have to. But according to st-vs-sw the star destroyer has absorbed as much as 1e20 joules of energy so it should absorb about 0.00003% of the impact.
That is not an answer nor an argument, provide evidence and then argue about it.
the same way riker was about to do it. Have your flight path pass through the ship.
Because they will manage to catch up with a moving SW fleet...how?
that's the most popular figure I got when I searched. It was actually a conservative one too. I was thinking of using the 0.9c figure.

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp& ... cc3f1b6d5d <-- click
Show me the evidence yourself. I have no time nor the inclination to wade through google for you.
has nothing to do with ramming,
Actually, sublight speed etc has everything to do with ramming.
http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/ ... hp?brgcube says 90 million tons
And the evidence for that is....where?
at 0.25c you really think they'll be able to get that many shots off before the cube slams into them? :D They'll do it with adaptive shielding.
Because you say so?
SHELBY: Projections suggest that a Borg ship like this one could continue to function effectively even if seventy eight percent of it was inoperable.

that's how

pretty easy questions
You will now of course show how much firepower a borg cube can absorb?
marsh8472 wrote:in other words it would take an infinite number of hoops to satisfy you.
That is not an answer nor an argument, provide evidence and then argue about it.
sure it's an argument. Plus we see asteroids collide with the star destroyers. Asteroids significantly smaller than a borg cube and the asteroids caused significant damage while demonstrating the star destroyers lack of maneuverability to get around them.
Show me the evidence yourself. I have no time nor the inclination to wade through google for you.
I need no evidence to support canon facts. Just like i have no time to do that right now, got work.
Actually, sublight speed etc has everything to do with ramming.
asteroids that go slower than 0.25c yet the star destroyer cannot destroy them with their weapons or move thier vessel around them to avoid damage.
And the evidence for that is....where?
in various other episodes they state the mass of smaller ships to have almost the same mass as this.
Because you say so?
they won't get 100 shots off because you say so either. You'll need to provide proof of this. You will of course how to prove your claim before I need to prove the counter claim.
You will now of course show how much firepower a borg cube can absorb?
It varies depending on how much they've adapted. You're just changing the goal post is all. The question was whether ramming would cause damage to the destroyer or not. It's obvious that it will so now you provide defenses for it.

that's enough hoop jumping for now. Your questions don't even relate to this thread.
Failure to show that the ISDs in the Hoth asteroid belt were functioning properly, in spite of (for example) clear evidence of manoeuvrability at Tatooine in ANH. Assertion that evidence purporting to support statements isn't needed so long as statements can be merely stated to be canon. More assumptions on Borg adaptability, followed by declaration that these issues won't be answered any more.
marsh8472 wrote:
Formless wrote:
Emphasis mine.
Your reasoning is a False Dichotomy. I already tried playing thanas's game, it's a waste of typing. Nor will I concede any points risen.

Even if you want to argue alternate universes, we see that the anomoly appears in each universe including the ones where he has the intention of using the pulse before actually using it. It's a causality paradox but still possible. Since the anomoly is created regardless of what universe you're in, it will be created in same universe where you'd want to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy. In fact, it should not only destroy the star wars galaxy but every star wars galaxy in every alternate universe created.
marsh8472 wrote:

Teleros wrote:Again, is that a concession to Thanas?
marsh8472 wrote:of course not. Thanas is a big boy and a moderator. He can take care of himself and doesn't need you to make his cases for him. Let's get back on track now.
Congratulations for proving yourself incapable of debating properly.