How to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy (easy steps)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

marsh8472
Youngling

How to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy (easy steps)

Post by marsh8472 »

Here's how the federation can destroy all life in the star wars galaxy using federation technology.

This is assuming that the federation have a means to travel to the star wars galaxy.

Here are the easy steps

1) Take a federation starship to the star wars galaxy. Preferably toward the center of their galaxy but anywhere in their galaxy should be fine.

2) Make it clear to any aliens that you are on a mission of peaceful exploration that way they don't consider you a threat and attack your ship.

3) Modify the vessels main deflector to emit an inverse tachyon pulse (a form of technology used to scan for temporal disturbances and to scan beyond subspace barriers) and then emit the tachyon pulse.

4) go back to federation space and wait about 6 years

5) repeat steps 1 to 3 and fire another inverse tachyon pulse at the same coordinates

6) go back to federation space and wait about 25 years

7) repeat steps 1 to 3 and fire another inverse tachyon pulse at the same coordinates

Ok now you're done. Initiating a tachyon pulse at the same coordinates in these 3 time periods should rupture the subspace barrier and create an anomaly or more specifically an anti-time reaction. The anti-time eruption will travel backward in time and grow in size until it covers their entire galaxy which then stops all life from ever forming in their galaxy.

It's possible that the waiting times in steps 4 and 6 don't need to be as long as I made them but just to be on the safe side I used the same length of time between attempts which was done on star trek.

Enjoy defeating star wars if you ever get bored and want to do this. 8)
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Re: How to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy (easy steps)

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Damn. This will get ugly, if its not outright locked. But I'll give you this much: I've never seen this idea before, though maybe someone else has tried it before I joined.

Anyway, I take it you're referring to the end of TNG? Interesting idea, but in practice unworkable, for a few reasons:

1. It is by no means a given that a Federation ship could reach the Star Wars galaxy at all, never mind the center of it (if they started on the edge, we're talking decades with a warp drive). Maybe if it was a Borg Cube or whatever with Transwarp.

2. By your own admission, this would take decades to pull off. Decades for something to go wrong. Decades for the situation to change and make the plan irrelevant, or counter-productive. Decades for Imperial Intelligence to find out and put a stop to it. Anyway, you really think Palpatine wouldn't see the end of the Galaxy coming and move to stop it?

3. The Federation might not be willing to do it. Possibly Section 31 would be ruthless enough, but I can't see anyone else readily greenlighting genocide on this scale.

4. Three words: Temporal Prime Directive. In other words, while it is true that the law is often violated in war, this would be so fucking illegal.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Here's how the federation can destroy all life in the star wars galaxy using federation technology.
Yes, and tomorrow I will win the lottery. Even though I haven't bought a ticket.
Here are the easy steps

1) Take a federation starship to the star wars universe. Preferably toward the center of their galaxy but anywhere in their galaxy should be fine.
One ship. One ship. One ship. Oh lord, this is insane already.
2) Make it clear to any aliens that you are on a mission of peaceful exploration that way they don't consider you a threat and attack your ship.
Fine. It fits with trek's MO.
3) Modify the vessels main deflector to emit an inverse tachyon pulse (a form of technology used to scan for temporal disturbances and to scan beyond subspace barriers) and then emit the tachyon pulse.
WAAAAAANK!!!

Where did we dig this guy up, he's hilarious. The rest of this thread rests on the assumption that the Empire never catches wind of this insane plot, never figures out why the same unknown power keeps going back to the same place, doesn't know shit about subspace (even though their own technology uses it), and of course never decides to follow you back to the Milky Way to stomp the shit out of you (or possibly just your economy). Because of course they are passive this whole time and immensely stupid to boot. Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhht.
TRR wrote:Anyway, you really think Palpatine wouldn't see the end of the Galaxy coming and move to stop it?
You really think this guy understands the implications of Force Precognition? Of course not, only the Federation has ever done anything with time itself. :lol:
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
Dominus Atheos
Sith Marauder

Post by Dominus Atheos »

I clicked on the thread and the first things I saw were the words deflector dish. I stopped reading right there. :roll:
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Actually its worse than that. IIRC the plot he's working with was supposed to destroy the whole fucking universe, at least if Q is to be believed. Even if it worked perfectly, its a suicide plan by nature.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
KhyronTheBackstabber
Jedi Council Member

Post by KhyronTheBackstabber »

These "go back in time/fuck with time so the Empire doesn't exists" ideas trektards come up with crack me up. It's nothing more then a long winded concession. They're basically saying, "The only way our side can win is if the other team doesn't show up to the fight."
MM's Zentraedi Warlord/CF's Original Predacon/JL's Mad Titan
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Actually its worse than that. IIRC the plot he's working with was supposed to destroy the whole fucking universe, at least if Q is to be believed. Even if it worked perfectly, its a suicide plan by nature.
na Q only says it annihilates mankind but we see the anomaly covers about a forth of the milky way galaxy by about 3 and a half billion years ago. The anomoly shouldn't be big enough to affect where the milky way galaxy forms if you go back to the birth of the universe. Even if the anomaly were capable of expanding into other galaxies and then encompass the entire universe, the federation has the option to evacuate to other universes or alternate realities.

1) Evacuation to the mirror universe by use of a transporter or a specific course through the bajorian wormhole.

2) Create a parallel universe by traveling back in time using red matter

3) Pass through a time-space fissure like the one worf did

4) Have a Q send them to another universe, I'm sure Amanda Rogers would do it for them or they can ask the Q they're used to dealing with.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

marsh8472 wrote:4) Have a Q send them to another universe, I'm sure Amanda Rogers would do it for them or they can ask the Q they're used to dealing with.
marsh8472 wrote:Here's how the federation can destroy all life in the star wars galaxy using federation technology.
I do love how some people blithely assume that Q will come to the Federation's aid and save the day :roll: . The other options all seem to involve putting together a ridiculously big fleet by ST standards to transport the entire population with. But anyway...
1) Take a federation starship to the star wars galaxy. Preferably toward the center of their galaxy but anywhere in their galaxy should be fine.
Aside from said space-time anomaly of the week not making much sense, how do you figure they'll get there? Do you know how long it'll take?
4) go back to federation space and wait about 6 years
During which time the Empire conquers you. The other steps now fail to happen because even if the ship in question survived the conquest, it'd lack the infrastructure and support to go back and do it again. Assuming nobody blabbed. Assuming it survived. Assuming it was even allowed to go back. Assuming... well you get the idea.
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

Where did we dig this guy up, he's hilarious.
He followed me from ST.com :oops:

As for this particular strategy I would give him props but this is his basic MO of attempting to use one episode wonders against the empire. It seems he realized that his time ship idea is doomed to fail.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

During which time the Empire conquers you. The other steps now fail to happen because even if the ship in question survived the conquest, it'd lack the infrastructure and support to go back and do it again. Assuming nobody blabbed. Assuming it survived. Assuming it was even allowed to go back. Assuming... well you get the idea.
They could always make use of cloaking technology to do this covertly.
He followed me from ST.com :oops:

As for this particular strategy I would give him props but this is his basic MO of attempting to use one episode wonders against the empire. It seems he realized that his time ship idea is doomed to fail.
That's the good thing about having a franchise of 726 episodes and 11 movies. There are many ways to take out the empire. I can name off plenty of ways star trek can defeat star wars. But this thread is nothing more than what it says, just one easy way to do it.

You don't really believe I'll ever realize that the krenim weapon idea will fail do you? :) It's obvious to me that the krenim ship will win when you look at the setup on the surface. The star wars fans are going to overthink everything and try to complicate maters, grasp at straws, and try to confuse the issues because deep down they know this too. To an average joe, it's obvious that the empire would lose in that scenario. That's why you yourself said you couldn't see a way the empire could win.
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

They could always make use of cloaking technology to do this covertly.
Federation doesn't have cloak and starwars vessels can tracked cloaked ships either via crystal gravity trap or tracking the drive emissions. Try again.
That's the good thing about having a franchise of 726 episodes and 11 movies. There are many ways to take out the empire. I can name off plenty of ways star trek can defeat star wars. But this thread is nothing more than what it says, just one easy way to do it.
Easy do you realize how many thing have to go right for this "easy" plan to work. They are going to travel at warp it would take them years just to get to the center of the Star Wars galaxy. The first crew wouldn't have even made it to the initial coordinates by the time you had to send the other two ships.
You don't really believe I'll ever realize that the krenim weapon idea will fail do you? :) It's obvious to me that the krenim ship will win when you look at the setup on the surface. The star wars fans are going to overthink everything and try to complicate maters, grasp at straws, and try to confuse the issues because deep down they know this too. To an average joe, it's obvious that the empire would lose in that scenario. That's why you yourself said you couldn't see a way the empire could win.
Where as you don't think enough. Told me you based you argument on 8472 superior firepower on "coolness" factor. You are probably in high school and still don't know much about science.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Federation doesn't have cloak and starwars vessels can tracked cloaked ships either via crystal gravity trap or tracking the drive emissions. Try again.
The defiant has a cloaking device and the original enterprise used a cloaking device once and the enterprise-D used a phased cloaking device also. A crystal gravity trap is said to be expensive and rare. They would have to know that the ship was coming and be scanning for it while the federation ship can just avoid all vessels and do this in a remote region of space.
Easy do you realize how many thing have to go right for this "easy" plan to work. They are going to travel at warp it would take them years just to get to the center of the Star Wars galaxy. The first crew wouldn't have even made it to the initial coordinates by the time you had to send the other two ships.
the plan assumes that there's a way to get to the star wars galaxy, that's the tricky part.
Where as you don't think enough. Told me you based you argument on 8472 superior firepower on "coolness" factor. You are probably in high school and still don't know much about science.
The yields are going to be based off of visual inspection and their demonstrations of firepower are pretty impressive. I have a bachelor of science degree and am older than you. I have my graduation ceremony set to private on youtube if you want to see it as proof.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

marsh8472 wrote:
na Q only says it annihilates mankind but we see the anomaly covers about a forth of the milky way galaxy by about 3 and a half billion years ago. The anomoly shouldn't be big enough to affect where the milky way galaxy forms if you go back to the birth of the universe. Even if the anomaly were capable of expanding into other galaxies and then encompass the entire universe, the federation has the option to evacuate to other universes or alternate realities.

1) Evacuation to the mirror universe by use of a transporter or a specific course through the bajorian wormhole.

4) Have a Q send them to another universe, I'm sure Amanda Rogers would do it for them or they can ask the Q they're used to dealing with.
Oh man, I fell out of my chair laughing at this one :shock: :lol:

Evacuating to an alternate reality because they destroyed the universe?

You forgot one thing- because the anomaly gets larger the further back in time it goes, it's a huge fucking paradox because it'll already be there when the federation ship turns up. Even if it does destroy all life in the SW galaxy, that means the whole reason for doing it in the first place never comes to pass. Hell, in "All Good Things", the whole thing was engineered by Q! :lol:
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

marsh8472 wrote:The yields are going to be based off of visual inspection and their demonstrations of firepower are pretty impressive. I have a bachelor of science degree and am older than you. I have my graduation ceremony set to private on youtube if you want to see it as proof.
Oh Christ, I can't help laughing at these idiots when they so obviously hang themselves.
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

marsh8472 wrote:Federation doesn't have cloak and starwars vessels can tracked cloaked ships either via crystal gravity trap or tracking the drive emissions. Try again.
The defiant has a cloaking device and the original enterprise used a cloaking device once and the enterprise-D used a phased cloaking device also. A crystal gravity trap is said to be expensive and rare. They would have to know that the ship was coming and be scanning for it while the federation ship can just avoid all vessels and do this in a remote region of space.
The same cloaking device that was destroyed along with the Defiant at the 2nd battle of Chin'toka? That cloaking device? :lol:

The phase cloak, apart from being banned by the treaty of Algeron, caused a fucking explosion in engineering. And you think they can run it for years? :shock:
the plan assumes that there's a way to get to the star wars galaxy, that's the tricky part.
And not all the SW ships rampaging all over the ST galaxy in the meantime? It assumes a hell of a lot more than that! :lol:
The yields are going to be based off of visual inspection and their demonstrations of firepower are pretty impressive. I have a bachelor of science degree and am older than you. I have my graduation ceremony set to private on youtube if you want to see it as proof.
Ok, whatever. I could use a good laugh. Considering that you have demonstrated zero ability to comprehend the science behind analyses, I find that dubious at best and an outright lie at the worst :lol:
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

You forgot one thing- because the anomaly gets larger the further back in time it goes, it's a huge fucking paradox because it'll already be there when the federation ship turns up. Even if it does destroy all life in the SW galaxy, that means the whole reason for doing it in the first place never comes to pass. Hell, in "All Good Things", the whole thing was engineered by Q!
In all 3 time periods the anomaly had just recently appeared and they informed picard to investigate it in the earlier 2 time periods. The anomaly won't be created until the 3rd pulse is fired in the future then it works its way into the past.

There is a paradox problem that states that if star wars gets destroyed then the federation won't send the ships there in the first place so how can star wars get destroyed? But in the episode "all good things" Q told picard there he was going to destroy humanity and if humanity got destroyed then there would be no picard to destroy humanity so humanity should be saved from this logic right? It doesn't look like that interpretation of the paradox will save them according to what Q said and since picard needed to get the enterprise to create a static warp shell to close the anomoly.

The Q engineered it by putting picard in 3 time periods and giving him the means to cause the anti-time eruption but he's still the one that caused it and we learned from this episode that this would cause the destruction of a galaxy.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

It's obvious to me that the krenim ship will win when you look at the setup on the surface. The star wars fans are going to overthink everything and try to complicate maters, grasp at straws, and try to confuse the issues because deep down they know this too. To an average joe, it's obvious that the empire would lose in that scenario.
1. If it appears that way on the surface, it's because you lack the ability to dig down.
2. The debate will get as complex as it needs to be. Star Wars fans tend to do more knocking down of strawmen that grasping at straws though.
3. The "average Joe" is usually wrong on these issues.
The yields are going to be based off of visual inspection and their demonstrations of firepower are pretty impressive. I have a bachelor of science degree and am older than you.
1. You fail at visual inspections.
2. BSc degrees must be very easy to acquire these days.

So, anyone taking bets as to how long Mr Broken Record here lasts?
lord Martiya
Jedi Master

Post by lord Martiya »

marsh8472 wrote:Here's how the federation can destroy all life in the star wars galaxy using federation technology.
Do tell, please.
marsh8472 wrote:This is assuming that the federation have a means to travel to the star wars galaxy.
OK, for this time...
marsh8472 wrote:1) Take a federation starship to the star wars galaxy. Preferably toward the center of their galaxy but anywhere in their galaxy should be fine.

One word: pirates. A Federation ship couldn't stand against the average SW pirate ship. Whoops, I suppose that the Federation ship just failed to destroy all life in galaxy... By the way, what if the governements didn't buy it?
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

The same cloaking device that was destroyed along with the Defiant at the 2nd battle of Chin'toka? That cloaking device?
yes the federation have used cloaking technology before, glad you agree.
The phase cloak, apart from being banned by the treaty of Algeron, caused a fucking explosion in engineering. And you think they can run it for years?
they found out what went wrong on the pegasus and were able to avoid those problems when they installed it on the enterpise. The cloak worked fine on the enterprise. The federation is allowed to legally use the cloaking device as long as its with the romulans permission creating a loophole in the treaty of Algeron of sorts. The romulans let the federation use cloaking technology when it was in their best interest. If the romulans saw the empire as a threat they would agree to them using it on a covert mission like this. If they saw the dominion as a threat then I'm sure they'd see the empire as one too.
And not all the SW ships rampaging all over the ST galaxy in the meantime? It assumes a hell of a lot more than that!
well unlike star wars, star trek has discovered methods of propulsion that allow them to transport to other galaxies like the warp 10 technology, The Traveler's ability to accelerate ships, species 8472's ability to open up doorways to another galaxy. Before you try to impress me with your primitive knowledge of star trek, I already know what warp 10 did to them but that doesn't mean they can't have the ship automated.
1. If it appears that way on the surface, it's because you lack the ability to dig down.
2. The debate will get as complex as it needs to be. Star Wars fans tend to do more knocking down of strawmen that grasping at straws though.
1) I don't lack any such ability. I knew of all of these arguments before I came here, most of them were brought up on the st forum and I had a general sense they were coming before they were even mentioned there as well.

2) Most of the debate is speculation of star wars technology in attempts to make it better than it really is and trying to doubt the krenim's abilities like being impervious to weapons from being outside of space-time in attempts to downplay it. You must be talking to yourselves here because you're not going to convince me with anything like that :roll:

3) and this is a star wars forum, yup I don't see any bias opinions here lol.
1. You fail at visual inspections.
2. BSc degrees must be very easy to acquire these days.

1) na I win, visual inspections show that species 8472 destroys planets and borg ships. Star wars excuses are that they must be chain-reaciton based just liike every other weapon of power on star trek.
2) sounds like you don't have one heh, no surpise here. Star wars isn't geared toward people of intelligence. Just people that want to see a sci-fi action flick. It's no suprise that there aren't many bright ones here.
hmm probably a week or two unless the moderators get too annoyed from me not conceding any of your shakey points. These threads are still pretty small compared to what I've made in the past.
Azron_Stoma
Padawan Learner

Post by Azron_Stoma »

marsh8472 wrote:yes the federation have used cloaking technology before, glad you agree.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ngThePoint
they found out what went wrong on the pegasus and were able to avoid those problems when they installed it on the enterpise. The cloak worked fine on the enterprise.
Enterprise used it for a few minutes, not centuries.
Before you try to impress me with your primitive knowledge of star trek, I already know what warp 10 did to them but that doesn't mean they can't have the ship automated.
except that episode was non-canon.
this is a star wars forum, yup I don't see any bias opinions here lol.
Says the man who bans people and makes copy accounts to give false concessions :finger:
na I win
Only thing you win is the competition for biggest idiot douche in the universe.
hmm probably a week or two unless the moderators get too annoyed from me not conceding any of your shakey points. These threads are still pretty small compared to what I've made in the past.
no doubt because of your wall of ignorance
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

marsh8472 wrote:well unlike star wars, star trek has discovered methods of propulsion that allow them to transport to other galaxies like the warp 10 technology, The Traveler's ability to accelerate ships, species 8472's ability to open up doorways to another galaxy.
So basically... if all the ST civilisations collaborate together, call in people like Q or the Traveller... they can get there. Uh-huh. I wanna see what Yoda & Palpatine can do when they pool their powers TBH.
marsh8472 wrote:
1) I don't lack any such ability. I knew of all of these arguments before I came here, most of them were brought up on the st forum and I had a general sense they were coming before they were even mentioned there as well.

2) Most of the debate is speculation of star wars technology in attempts to make it better than it really is and trying to doubt the krenim's abilities like being impervious to weapons from being outside of space-time in attempts to downplay it. You must be talking to yourselves here because you're not going to convince me with anything like that :roll:

3) and this is a star wars forum, yup I don't see any bias opinions here lol.
1. Yes I'm sure you did know about them, but lacking the ability to think at all scientifically, your arguments basically boil down to "nyeh nyeh I win because I say so".
2. Hey, if you won't listen or try to comprehend then no, nobody here will convince you.
3. Lol, it's only "Star Wars" insofar as most of the members here know Star Trek doesn't have a hope. Said members also fully accept that there are a LOT of other sci-fi settings and factions that could stomp all over Star Wars too.
marsh8472 wrote:1) na I win, visual inspections show that species 8472 destroys planets and borg ships. Star wars excuses are that they must be chain-reaciton based just liike every other weapon of power on star trek.
2) sounds like you don't have one heh, no surpise here. Star wars isn't geared toward people of intelligence. Just people that want to see a sci-fi action flick. It's no suprise that there aren't many bright ones here.
1. Oh my aching sides. Borg ships are easy to destroy in comparison to Star Wars ships, and the means 8472 used to blow up that Borg planet involved most likely a chain reaction, because if those ships had the sheer firepower to blow it up, not only would the explosion have been delayed, but it would raise the question of why their regular ships are so piss poor by comparison.
2. Oh, the good old "Star Trek is for smart people" one. Sure, there may not be many mathematicians, engineers or scientists here, but those who have contributed are listened to. Want to know what Mike Wong says? Read the main site. Curtis Saxton? AotC ICS or the SW Technical Commentaries website. Etc etc. Which fallacy's next?
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

I want to pre-emptively remind everybody that we have a no-dogpiling rule. I don't want to have to kick anybody in the nuts for being over-eager.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
Edi
Dragonlord
Dragonlord

Post by Edi »

And even if Lagmonster may have compunctions about that kicking in the nuts for over-eagerness part, some of the other mods like myself don't suffer such pangs of conscience. So keep that in mind.
Warwolf Urban Combat Specialist

Why is it so goddamned hard to get little assholes like you to admit it when you fuck up? Is it pride? What gives you the right to have any pride?
–Darth Wong to vivftp

GOP message? Why don't they just come out of the closet: FASCISTS R' US –Patrick Degan

The GOP has a problem with anyone coming out of the closet. –18-till-I-die
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

marsh8472 wrote: na Q only says it annihilates mankind but we see the anomaly covers about a forth of the milky way galaxy by about 3 and a half billion years ago. The anomoly shouldn't be big enough to affect where the milky way galaxy forms if you go back to the birth of the universe. Even if the anomaly were capable of expanding into other galaxies and then encompass the entire universe, the federation has the option to evacuate to other universes or alternate realities.

Even if this might work, the irony is that by destroying an entire universe, the Federation would be a far more evil nation than the Empire ever was. You really think every other power in their galaxy wouldn't try to stop this plan, never mind the Empire?
You know, I think Q might want to have a word or two with them about them destroying the universe to. Given he inhabits it and all. :wink:
DrStrangelove
Youngling

Post by DrStrangelove »

And while you wait for your out of character evil plan to come to fruition, the Empire could BDZ, Death Star or otherwise completely fuck over every planet and person in the UFP.
I'm not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it. ~ Niccolo Machiavelli
You don't know the power of the dark side~ Darth Vader