How to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy (easy steps)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

hunter5
Padawan Learner

Re: How to destroy all life in the star wars galaxy (easy steps)

Post by hunter5 »

The federation is allowed to legally use the cloaking device as long as its with the romulans permission creating a loophole in the treaty of Algeron of sorts. The romulans let the federation use cloaking technology when it was in their best interest. If the romulans saw the empire as a threat they would agree to them using it on a covert mission like this. If they saw the dominion as a threat then I'm sure they'd see the empire as one too.
Then why during the ENTIRE DOMINION WAR was the only Federation ship to have a cloak the original Defiant?
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

So, universal omnicide is it? Well, all hail the Dalek Empire Federation!
marsh8472 wrote:well unlike star wars, star trek has discovered methods of propulsion that allow them to transport to other galaxies like the warp 10 technology,
Let's pretend for a moment that "Threshold" really happened and wasn't the fever dream of a certain hotshot pilot.. "warp 10" lets you occupy every point in the universe then dumps you right back at your point of origin when you shut it off.
Not useful.
The Traveler's ability to accelerate ships,
Which the Traveller has not shared.
species 8472's ability to open up doorways to another galaxy.
They open portals to their own dimension which may be another universe for all we know, "fluidic space" isn't a method of faster travel.
Before you try to impress me with your primitive knowledge of star trek, I already know what warp 10 did to them but that doesn't mean they can't have the ship automated.
And yet you don't know that "warp 10" was so useless that even with a 100% effective cure for the bad lizard syndrome, it was never used again.
"No it's just Anacrap coming to whine and do nothing." -Mike Nelson on Anakin Skywalker
JGregory32
Padawan Learner

Post by JGregory32 »

the original enterprise used a cloaking device once
I would like to point out that that episode was about the Federation obtaining a Romulan Cloaking device that was on-board a bird of prey built by the Romulans to sell to the Klingons.
The device resembles nothing like any other cloaking device seen.

I would also like to point out that in the novelization for the episode where Kirk hunts the Romulan warbird that's been destroying the outposts they detect the cloaked ship by examining the local gravity. The ship might be invisible to sensors but it can't get away from gravity.
Star Wars hyperdrives don't work in strong gravity wells so they must have some method of charting gravity. Ergo they can detect cloaked federation ships through the same sensors they use for FTL transit.
I know the novelization is not cannon, but if he wants to bring up the Voyager episode 'Warp 10' then I can bring up the half-way decent novelization of a good episode.
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Ian Malcolm: God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs.
Ellie Sattler: Dinosaurs eat man … woman inherits the earth.
Jurassic Park
nightmare
Jedi Council Member

Post by nightmare »

marsh8472 wrote:Here's how the federation can destroy all life in the star wars galaxy using federation technology.
Like already mentioned by others, this plans fail on many levels. My only point to add is that it fails on every level, including this one:
marsh8472 wrote:2) Make it clear to any aliens that you are on a mission of peaceful exploration that way they don't consider you a threat and attack your ship.
There's tons of people in SW who would just consider you an easy snack for being 'peaceful explorers', starting with pirates and generally hostile aliens. I'd wager that some of them would take it as an invitation.

But it's not really necessary to counter any points in the 'plan'. It's more than sufficient to point out that it would utterly fail in a more primitive galaxy, namely the Milky Way.
Star Trek vs. Star Wars, Extralife style.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

except that episode was non-canon.
all star trek episodes are canon, "threshold" included.
Says the man who bans people and makes copy accounts to give false concessions
just canceling out star wars arrogance.
So basically... if all the ST civilisations collaborate together, call in people like Q or the Traveller... they can get there. Uh-huh. I wanna see what Yoda & Palpatine can do when they pool their powers TBH.
the sphere builders also have demonstrated abilities to travel to other universes. There's nothing in star wars technology that wasn't done in star trek. A fancy communication system was done by the same communication system that the hirogen had control of and voyager used to send messages to the alpha quadrant. Any weaponry yields have been done by things such as transphasic torpedos or species 8472's bioweapons. Planet killers? star trek is full of them, star wars just made the death star and that was it. Artificial intelligence is demonstrated all over star trek especially in the original series, data, Pralor, Cravic, various holograms over the years.
1. Yes I'm sure you did know about them, but lacking the ability to think at all scientifically, your arguments basically boil down to "nyeh nyeh I win because I say so".
2. Hey, if you won't listen or try to comprehend then no, nobody here will convince you.
3. Lol, it's only "Star Wars" insofar as most of the members here know Star Trek doesn't have a hope. Said members also fully accept that there are a LOT of other sci-fi settings and factions that could stomp all over Star Wars too.
There are more inconsistencies with accepting that the krenim ship is not outside of space-time than accepting that it is. If you knew anything about science you'd know that it cannot prove anything, just make hypothesis and evidence to support them. It only takes one incident to disprove a claim. Besides the designer, other crew on the krenim ship, and voyager's crew all saying the weapon is outside of space time we see other things such as the crew not aging and the ship being unaffected by attack with its temporal core active. They wouldn't have needed to deactivate the temporal core to save tom and the commander if the ship was really vulnerable.
1. Oh my aching sides. Borg ships are easy to destroy in comparison to Star Wars ships, and the means 8472 used to blow up that Borg planet involved most likely a chain reaction, because if those ships had the sheer firepower to blow it up, not only would the explosion have been delayed, but it would raise the question of why their regular ships are so piss poor by comparison.
2. Oh, the good old "Star Trek is for smart people" one. Sure, there may not be many mathematicians, engineers or scientists here, but those who have contributed are listened to. Want to know what Mike Wong says? Read the main site. Curtis Saxton? AotC ICS or the SW Technical Commentaries website. Etc etc. Which fallacy's next?
uh huh a tactical borg cube against a star destroyer, good luck. No need to get off on tangents though. I'd like to see the main site and where it says they should disregard writer's intent during debates. Give the link to it.
Even if this might work, the irony is that by destroying an entire universe, the Federation would be a far more evil nation than the Empire ever was. You really think every other power in their galaxy wouldn't try to stop this plan, never mind the Empire?
this is assuming that the anti-time eruption is capable of expanding to universe size. It's estimated that there are roughly 50 billion galaxies in universe. The time needed to encumpus all of those galaxies would be more than the age of the universe. And arguably, before time even existed.
You know, I think Q might want to have a word or two with them about them destroying the universe to. Given he inhabits it and all.
Q mentions to Janeway about exploring alternate dimensions in the episode "Q and the grey". You can say that the universe is infinitesimally small to the other infinite universes they inhabit.
And while you wait for your out of character evil plan to come to fruition, the Empire could BDZ, Death Star or otherwise completely fuck over every planet and person in the UFP.
sure but it's kinda funny how they don't even need firepower to defeat star wars.
Then why during the ENTIRE DOMINION WAR was the only Federation ship to have a cloak the original Defiant?
heh dumbass. The agreement was that the defiant cannot use the cloak in the alpha quadrant since they don't want the technology used against them. Star Wars is not in the alpha quadrant, so these are the same set of circumstances that romulans are likely to agree to.
Like already mentioned by others, this plans fail on many levels. My only point to add is that it fails on every level, including this one:
it took the empire a while to find rebel bases. This is only one star ship that is needed to do this. They weren't even trying to destroy their galaxy when they did it. They were using technology to try to study the anomoly which ultimately causes the anomoly. There actions should look innocent enough where the empire has no clue that they are the ones that caused it.
There's tons of people in SW who would just consider you an easy snack for being 'peaceful explorers', starting with pirates and generally hostile aliens. I'd wager that some of them would take it as an invitation.

But it's not really necessary to counter any points in the 'plan'. It's more than sufficient to point out that it would utterly fail in a more primitive galaxy, namely the Milky Way.
it only failed because Q gave him a helping hand by shifting him through time to create a static warp shell in all 3 time periods.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

Actually, IIRC, threshold was specifically struck from canon because even its writers were embarrassed at what an abortion of sanity and intelligence it was.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Formless wrote:
Actually, IIRC, threshold was specifically struck from canon because even its writers were embarrassed at what an abortion of sanity and intelligence it was.
that's news to me. You will need to provide proof of this of course. I did find something at http://www.agonybooth.com/recaps/Star_T ... spx?Page=7 which said
Certainly not. Which is probably why, according to some sources, this is the only episode that has been (unofficially) removed from Star Trek canon.
A sources that says other sources that said it was removed unofficially. It has to be officially removed for your statement to be worth even mentioning. I'm sure you have your sources available and aren't relying on propaganda alone so just post a link to the canon sources that says that and I might conceed if you're lucky.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

I just want one question answered:
Assume I give you every one of your assumptions up to the point where the Federation ship reaches the Core Worlds. Please, explain to me how the Feds are going to get into the Deep Core Security Zone.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

General Schatten wrote:I just want one question answered:
Assume I give you every one of your assumptions up to the point where the Federation ship reaches the Core Worlds. Please, explain to me how the Feds are going to get into the Deep Core Security Zone.
Let's say they can't. They don't have to go to the center. Even the outer rim will do. The anomaly in the episode "all good things" TNG occured at about the same place as the outer rim in the star wars galaxy if you were to super impose the star trek galaxy onto the star wars galaxy since they're about the same size.

I was going to give you a visual of the galaxy showing how much of the galaxy the anomaly filled assuming omnidirectional expansion, that it's visible from earth, and fills their entire quadrant. Earth seems to be right on the dividing line between the alpha and beta quadrant so I'm not sure which quadrant Q was referring to when he said the anomaly filled their entire quadrant of the galaxy. The devron system, where the anomaly was originally formed, is in the beta quadrant. In simplistic terms though the anomoly fills up a quarter of the galaxy from where it was originally formed toward the edge of the galaxy.
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

marsh8472 wrote:
General Schatten wrote:I just want one question answered:
Let's say they can't. They don't have to go to the center. Even the outer rim will do. The anomaly in the episode "all good things" TNG occured at about the same place as the outer rim in the star wars galaxy if you were to super impose the star trek galaxy onto the star wars galaxy since they're about the same size.

I was going to give you a visual of the galaxy showing how much of the galaxy the anomaly filled assuming omnidirectional expansion, that it's visible from earth, and fills their entire quadrant. Earth seems to be right on the dividing line between the alpha and beta quadrant so I'm not sure which quadrant Q was referring to when he said the anomaly filled their entire quadrant of the galaxy. The devron system, where the anomaly was originally formed, is in the beta quadrant. In simplistic terms though the anomoly fills up a quarter of the galaxy from where it was originally formed toward the edge of the galaxy.
Oh so you have them set up in the area with the most pirate and hostile alien races more fail.
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

marsh8472 wrote:Let's say they can't. They don't have to go to the center. Even the outer rim will do.
As has been pointed out that's awesome, you've set up shop right where Imperial suspicions run highest and pirates are rampant. So now, not only is it a suicide pact it's an unlikely suicide pact.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

uh huh a tactical borg cube against a star destroyer, good luck. No need to get off on tangents though. I'd like to see the main site and where it says they should disregard writer's intent during debates. Give the link to it.
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Ess ... lysis.html
That in a nutshell is how analysis is done at SDN.
There are more inconsistencies with accepting that the krenim ship is not outside of space-time than accepting that it is.
Not really. You have to explain a list of odd things (Voyager vibrating as it passed by, being visible, blah blah blah). I just have to accept inaccurate dialogue, mainly from a confirmed nutter :) .
this is assuming that the anti-time eruption is capable of expanding to universe size. It's estimated that there are roughly 50 billion galaxies in universe. The time needed to encumpus all of those galaxies would be more than the age of the universe. And arguably, before time even existed.
Aren't you forgetting the universe was smaller back then?
Q mentions to Janeway about exploring alternate dimensions in the episode "Q and the grey".
Doesn't mean he wouldn't miss the one he lives in / spends most of his time in :P . It'd be amusing to see Q stop this plan and let the Empire conquer the Federation because of Starfleet's omnicidal ambitions though :lol: .
heh dumbass. The agreement was that the defiant cannot use the cloak in the alpha quadrant since they don't want the technology used against them. Star Wars is not in the alpha quadrant, so these are the same set of circumstances that romulans are likely to agree to.
Romulan Senator A: "So, the Federation is equipping ships with cloaking devices."
Senator B: "What? But the treaty!"
A: "Ah, but they promise to only use them against some new enemy of theirs, not in the Alpha Quadrant. Not us."
B: "Oh. Even though we're really sneaky buggers, I can agree to that. They can carry on."

Yeah... I don't see that happening.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Oh so you have them set up in the area with the most pirate and hostile alien races more fail.
hehe... why because you say so? :D Actually if we follow the pattern, it's not so just because you said it.
As has been pointed out that's awesome, you've set up shop right where Imperial suspicions run highest and pirates are rampant. So now, not only is it a suicide pact it's an unlikely suicide pact.
Like any galaxy there will be remote regions such as uninhabited star systems of no strategic value where pirates would not want to wait for targets since there would be no traffic in those areas.
http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Ess ... lysis.html
That in a nutshell is how analysis is done at SDN.
I'll put something on the krenim vs star wars thread regarding this.

Not really. You have to explain a list of odd things (Voyager vibrating as it passed by, being visible, blah blah blah). I just have to accept inaccurate dialogue, mainly from a confirmed nutter
done. Thanks for your help. Now we know that the krenim would win for sure.
Aren't you forgetting the universe was smaller back then?
sure the universe expands but the position of the anomoly may be constant.
Doesn't mean he wouldn't miss the one he lives in / spends most of his time in :P . It'd be amusing to see Q stop this plan and let the Empire conquer the Federation because of Starfleet's omnicidal ambitions though
we also see that Q can be in more than one place at a time like in the episode "death wish" he called himself to the stand.
Romulan Senator A: "So, the Federation is equipping ships with cloaking devices."
Senator B: "What? But the treaty!"
A: "Ah, but they promise to only use them against some new enemy of theirs, not in the Alpha Quadrant. Not us."
B: "Oh. Even though we're really sneaky buggers, I can agree to that. They can carry on."

Yeah... I don't see that happening.
the directions call to get a federation ship, it doesn't require that you be part of the federation. A cloaking device can be bought and then installed on the ship.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

hehe... why because you say so?
No, just because the nasty buggers tend to live outside the Republic / Empire.
Like any galaxy there will be remote regions such as uninhabited star systems of no strategic value where pirates would not want to wait for targets since there would be no traffic in those areas.
And you'll be able to get there whilst avoiding all the unsafe parts... how?
we also see that Q can be in more than one place at a time like in the episode "death wish" he called himself to the stand.
Or appeared to be in more than one place at a time. Now stop ignoring my point.
Azron_Stoma
Padawan Learner

Post by Azron_Stoma »

marsh8472 wrote:hehe... why because you say so?
Wow, not only does he childishly try to throw criticism back (might as well use the rubber vs glue defense), but for a comment that, doesn't even come close to meriting it, then follows up with retardation all his own. Claiming that none of your arguments have had any merit, yet he has consistently shown to spout utter nonsense at every turn.

Not only is it general knowledge that Pirate activity is far more prevalent in areas away from Imperial control, but it's something so obvious only an idiot would doubt it could be true.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Then they can fire the pulses in an unexplored region of the galaxy or on the edge of a neighboring galaxy. Now you can have fun speculating what's in all their neighboring galaxies to stop them.
nightmare
Jedi Council Member

Post by nightmare »

marsh8472 wrote:it took the empire a while to find rebel bases. This is only one star ship that is needed to do this. They weren't even trying to destroy their galaxy when they did it. They were using technology to try to study the anomoly which ultimately causes the anomoly. There actions should look innocent enough where the empire has no clue that they are the ones that caused it.
I didn't even mention the Empire. I'm saying garbagemen in SW will eat your ridiculously supposed universe-destroying ship for lunch just for fun, to say nothing of pirates and hostile aliens.
it only failed because Q gave him a helping hand by shifting him through time to create a static warp shell in all 3 time periods.
WTH are you talking about? The Krenim timeship which erased itself an doesn't even need to be countered?
Star Trek vs. Star Wars, Extralife style.
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

marsh8472 wrote:all star trek episodes are canon, "threshold" included.
I notice you ignore the face that even if it is, warp 10 is useless.
just canceling out star wars arrogance.
By smothering it with your own?
the sphere builders also have demonstrated abilities to travel to other universes.
No they didn't, they had the ability to analyse the outcome of alternate timelines and travel from their own pocket universe or whatever it was to ours.
Once again you take a stated ability and exagerrate it beyond all measure.
There's nothing in star wars technology that wasn't done in star trek. A fancy communication system was done by the same communication system that the hirogen had control of and voyager used to send messages to the alpha quadrant. Any weaponry yields have been done by things such as transphasic torpedos or species 8472's bioweapons. Planet killers? star trek is full of them, star wars just made the death star and that was it. Artificial intelligence is demonstrated all over star trek especially in the original series, data, Pralor, Cravic, various holograms over the years.
You ignore scale. Droids with sophisticated AI are cheap and plentiful, any half-assed warlord can get their hands on weapons that would make species 8472 run and hide.. like they usually do.
Meanwhile you're digging for rare flukes and one-shot wonders in a desperate attempt to stay ahead of the penis size race.
There are more inconsistencies with accepting that the krenim ship is not outside of space-time than accepting that it is. If you knew anything about science you'd know that it cannot prove anything, just make hypothesis and evidence to support them. It only takes one incident to disprove a claim. Besides the designer, other crew on the krenim ship, and voyager's crew all saying the weapon is outside of space time we see other things such as the crew not aging and the ship being unaffected by attack with its temporal core active. They wouldn't have needed to deactivate the temporal core to save tom and the commander if the ship was really vulnerable.
You assume that a crippled Voyager is the match of a Star Destroyer because..
I suppose you have the numbers and evidence that a tactical cube would bring down a star destroyer?
Don't you even get that destroying a GALAXY or even part of it is STILL far more evil than the Empire was?
You'd take everything the Federation is and cares about and flush it down the toilet.
I'm sure you came here to rile Star Wars fans, but I shall say as a Star Trek fan: You are an idiot.
Q mentions to Janeway about exploring alternate dimensions in the episode "Q and the grey". You can say that the universe is infinitesimally small to the other infinite universes they inhabit.
Which is why the Q care about the humans being a "dangerous and savage child-race" and send agents to monitor them.
Yeah they don't care about the universe alright.
sure but it's kinda funny how they don't even need firepower to defeat star wars.
No they need a convoluted plan of genocide that requires every faction in both galaxies to be complete out of character idiots.
And you don't think the Romulans would be at all concerned of cloaked Starfleet ships running about planting anti-time eruptions in their enemy's space.
If they can do it to the Empire, they can do it to the Romulans.
it took the empire a while to find rebel bases. This is only one star ship that is needed to do this. They weren't even trying to destroy their galaxy when they did it. They were using technology to try to study the anomoly which ultimately causes the anomoly. There actions should look innocent enough where the empire has no clue that they are the ones that caused it.
All it takes is one pirate in a modded freighter to spot your bold plan and it's all over.
I thought Q didn't care about the universe...
"No it's just Anacrap coming to whine and do nothing." -Mike Nelson on Anakin Skywalker
Holbenilord
Redshirt

Post by Holbenilord »

People, destroying the Star Wars universe could be done by one person going and buying a star wars ship. Althoiugh Federation ships are no match for SW ones, if you can't beat them, join them.

That said, erasing things from time was stopped by shields- the sw people could create said shields.

Species 8472, apparently, can wield the same energy output as the deathstar if they put loads of energy and resources together. But they can be beaten by nanobots, so Ai nanobots could work out a way to get them.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Holbenilord wrote:Species 8472, apparently, can wield the same energy output as the deathstar if they put loads of energy and resources together.
Evidence?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

Holbenilord wrote:Species 8472, apparently, can wield the same energy output as the deathstar if they put loads of energy and resources together. But they can be beaten by nanobots, so Ai nanobots could work out a way to get them.
Unlikely, as it takes far longer for an 8472 death ray to make an unshielded planet explode than for a Death Star's insta-pop.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

People, destroying the Star Wars universe could be done by one person going and buying a star wars ship.
What?? Thrall me with your acumen, Agent Starling. How would this idea work? Besides, if the Federation has to resort to using SW tech to fight the Empire, that's basically a concession that the UFP isn't up to to the task.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

I notice you ignore the face that even if it is, warp 10 is useless.
if you're referring to the voyager crew not figuring out how to come out of warp 10 at any point they wished, it hasn't been proven they can't. If you're referring to the whole evolving thing afterward that doesn't mean they can't find a defense to it or just send technology or artificial lifeforms.
No they didn't, they had the ability to analyse the outcome of alternate timelines and travel from their own pocket universe or whatever it was to ours.
Once again you take a stated ability and exagerrate it beyond all measure.
The Sphere Builders come from another universe. If they can come to our universe then they can travel to other universe's. dah? The only reason they reconfigure space is because they're somewhat allergic to being in our universe.
You ignore scale. Droids with sophisticated AI are cheap and plentiful, any half-assed warlord can get their hands on weapons that would make species 8472 run and hide.. like they usually do.
Meanwhile you're digging for rare flukes and one-shot wonders in a desperate attempt to stay ahead of the penis size race.
That's because we still don't know what the star wars galaxy is capable of since it's still being explored. The star wars galaxy is mostly just the galactic empire and has been explored already.

the federation is nothing in the 24th century. Star wars would be no match for the federation in the 29th century though. Considering the empire had thousands of years to develop their technology and star trek only needs a few hundred years of development thiers to surpass the empires there really isn't any question that the federation is better.
You assume that a crippled Voyager is the match of a Star Destroyer because..

not sure how that relates to my post but voyager is a match because all it needs to do is collide a small ship about the size of an x-wing into the bridge area to destroy it like it was in return of the jedi.
I suppose you have the numbers and evidence that a tactical cube would bring down a star destroyer?
with all the armor that ship has and its size all it would have to do is ram the damn thing.
Don't you even get that destroying a GALAXY or even part of it is STILL far more evil than the Empire was?
You'd take everything the Federation is and cares about and flush it down the toilet.
I'm sure you came here to rile Star Wars fans, but I shall say as a Star Trek fan: You are an idiot.
aww poor baby. :( it can be done with federation technology it doesn't need to be done by the federation itself. I wouldn't call destroying star wars an evil thing either, just the opposite as far as i'm concerned. :D
Which is why the Q care about the humans being a "dangerous and savage child-race" and send agents to monitor them.
Yeah they don't care about the universe alright.
They care about themselves and and there's no evidence to suggest that they aren't doing this in every universe and don't care about it.
No they need a convoluted plan of genocide that requires every faction in both galaxies to be complete out of character idiots.
yeah with 29th century technology they could simply teleport anywhere for a short time and do this and then teleport back.
And you don't think the Romulans would be at all concerned of cloaked Starfleet ships running about planting anti-time eruptions in their enemy's space.
If they can do it to the Empire, they can do it to the Romulans.
the federation would no doubt keep the operation classified. The romulans would give the cloaking device in exchange for information about the empire.
All it takes is one pirate in a modded freighter to spot your bold plan and it's all over.
they got plenty of other ships to send and all they have to do is get the pulse off.
I thought Q didn't care about the universe...
You're kinda right they don't care about the universe but Q has shown that he cares about humanity to some degree. They would care enough to prevent the anomoly from destroying the universe maybe, but I doubt they would care if it destroys the empire.
Species 8472, apparently, can wield the same energy output as the deathstar if they put loads of energy and resources together.
the evidence for this is so obvious that I'm amazed people still ask. Just think about it... what did species 8472 do to demonstrate it has the same power output as a deathstar? And no, thier weapons aren't a chain reaction. They combine 8 beams and fire a main beam just like the deathstar does. If their weapons are chain reaction based then so is the deathstars superbeam.
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

Ugh...so many errors :?

First, your claim that "SW only built the Death Star" regarding to planetkillers is utterly wrong.
First, they built two of them.
Second, canon also contains World Devastors, the Galaxy Gun, Suncrusher and much more.
Third, a single Star Destroyer can end all life on a planet within hours -and the Empire has at least 25.000 of them (propably more).
if you're referring to the voyager crew not figuring out how to come out of warp 10 at any point they wished, it hasn't been proven they can't. If you're referring to the whole evolving thing afterward that doesn't mean they can't find a defense to it or just send technology or artificial lifeforms.
+
So you make up a capability we have never seen :lol:
Seriously, if we ignore the dialogue (since it is the lowest form of evidence), the Warp 10 drive was even slower than a low-grade hyperdrive. Since infinite speed is logically impossible (since something as speed can by definiton not be infinite), we have to assume that they were wrong (perhaps their theoretical physics were not up to grasp that, or they never actually breached the Warp 10 barrier and just tought they did).
The Sphere Builders come from another universe. If they can come to our universe then they can travel to other universe's. dah? The only reason they reconfigure space is because they're somewhat allergic to being in our universe.
So they can go to any universe they want, but they pick one that kills them?
Hmm - if you could live anywhere in the world, would you choose the antarctic?
the federation is nothing in the 24th century. Star wars would be no match for the federation in the 29th century though. Considering the empire had thousands of years to develop their technology and star trek only needs a few hundred years of development thiers to surpass the empires there really isn't any question that the federation is better.
Um...even 29th century technology is not that impressive.

Either way - your argument is utterly wrong. When you compare 18th-century prussians and russians, would you say "well, the russians will develop nukes in 200 years, so they win?"
not sure how that relates to my post but voyager is a match because all it needs to do is collide a small ship about the size of an x-wing into the bridge area to destroy it like it was in return of the jedi.
Read the fucking main site.
First, the Executor was killed by craswhing into the Death Star. If it had not been that close to it or faced into another direction, that would not have happend.
Second, the shields were down. ST has nowhere near the firepower to take them down in the first place - it took the rebel fleets with 3km long starships a good part of an hour to do so. Trek would take YEARS to match that output.
Oh, and if you think those globes were shield generators - nothing in the movie says they were, and all canon sources that said so are either outdated or not canon in the first place (games).
with all the armor that ship has and its size all it would have to do is ram the damn thing.
Ramming an ship that is more massive and has heavy armor - and shields strong enough to withstand that with utter ease.
We see two SDs ramming into each other at C-cruising speeds. They loose some trench guns, and nothing else happens.
aww poor baby. it can be done with federation technology it doesn't need to be done by the federation itself. I wouldn't call destroying star wars an evil thing either, just the opposite as far as i'm concerned.
So you think killing trillions just to keep a few billions under a comunist regime is a good thing? Wow, now THATS evil.
yeah with 29th century technology they could simply teleport anywhere for a short time and do this and then teleport back.
Ah, the good, old no-limits fallacy. Mainstay of trekcrap since the dawn of ages :lol:
Everything has limits. We do not know the limits of their teleporters, but just because we do not see them does not justify your assumption that there are none.
Example:
Transporters are teleporters. Can they be used to beam anywhere in the universe?
Of course not - just because it is teleportation does not mean that it has no limits.
the evidence for this is so obvious that I'm amazed people still ask. Just think about it... what did species 8472 do to demonstrate it has the same power output as a deathstar? And no, thier weapons aren't a chain reaction. They combine 8 beams and fire a main beam just like the deathstar does. If their weapons are chain reaction based then so is the deathstars superbeam.
You know, i just think you are to stupid to grasp the difference between a chain reaction and DET (thats direct energy transfer for you).

See, it is something like this:
Burning is a chain reaction. You initiate it and it goes on on its own (until fuel runs out).
An explosion is not a chain reaction. It is a sudden release of all available energy.

Now, look at the Death Star: Aldeeran exploded, violently.
Now look at the Species-beam: The planet is hit and we see a buidlup of energy, THEN it explodes.

Now, the problem is:
If they put enough energy into the planet to bust it - what does it wait for? If the energy is there, it should explode immedeately. It doesn't.
Therefore, something has to happen there - a chain reaction.
The only other possiblity is that they deliberately delay the reaction, which would take even more energy and would be utterly stupid.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
Gramzamber
Jedi Knight

Post by Gramzamber »

marsh8472 wrote:if you're referring to the voyager crew not figuring out how to come out of warp 10 at any point they wished, it hasn't been proven they can't.
It's been proven by the fact that they never used it again.
If you're referring to the whole evolving thing afterward that doesn't mean they can't find a defense to it or just send technology or artificial lifeforms.
Read what I initially said. They *did* find a 100% effective cure for it at the end of the episode and yet still they never used it.
So how do you infer "coming from another universe" to mean "can travel all universes"?
You make the same assumption with 8472.
That's because we still don't know what the star wars galaxy is capable of since it's still being explored. The star wars galaxy is mostly just the galactic empire and has been explored already.
Um yeah, that'd be because the Empire is millenia ahead of the Federation.
Prove that the 29th century Federation is a match for the Empire.
Yes because this small ship would also have the support of a Rebel fleet to concentrate firepower to drop those shields in the first place, and the Star Destroyer would be hovering over the Death Star as in RotJ at the time, and..
Ah you're just fucking with us aren't ya?
Do you have anything aside from hyperbole?
aww poor baby. :( it can be done with federation technology it doesn't need to be done by the federation itself. I wouldn't call destroying star wars an evil thing either, just the opposite as far as i'm concerned. :D
You started this entire topic based on a Federation ship doing it you dumbass.
You insult the very principles of the Federation with your half-assed wankery, and I'm not even going to get into your trollish second point.
They care about themselves and and there's no evidence to suggest that they aren't doing this in every universe and don't care about it.

Eh?
And then a Sith could teleport to Earth and nuke San Francisco in a Force storm.
See I can make up shit too, it's not hard.
the federation would no doubt keep the operation classified. The romulans would give the cloaking device in exchange for information about the empire.
Because the Romulans couldn't do that themselves.
Because the Romulans wouldn't be suspicious of one ship going to the same place and doing something weird.
Because the Romulans don't have spies.
they got plenty of other ships to send and all they have to do is get the pulse off.
At which point everybody becomes suspicious as to why a "peaceful exploration" mission is sending whole ships into dangerous space to get killed. What's so important?
You're kinda right they don't care about the universe but Q has shown that he cares about humanity to some degree. They would care enough to prevent the anomoly from destroying the universe maybe, but I doubt they would care if it destroys the empire.
Bullshit. Q shoved humanity into the Borg's face and didn't help them overcome them.
And because you're stupid and didn't watch the episode, you didn't see that the planet took far longer to explode than Alderaan despite being unshielded.