new trekkie vid

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Re: new trekkie vid

Post by Teleros »

Plus the conventional weapon of the krenim ship didn't impact voyager's shields or the shields of their fleet whereas the krenim torpedos were stoped by the temporal shields.
How did that ship end up crashing into Voyager then? Spontaneous loss of control?
Do the research: Relativistic shielding does not protect the ship from any type of attacks or energies just some types of energy generated from hyperspace travel. It keeps the ship from moving slower in time. You're assigning characteristics to relative shielding that just aren't there. It cannot shield itself from a temporal shockwave and changes in the speed of time is a different phenomena than changes in history. That just shows how irrational and despirate people are here when it comes to defenses.
No, properly speaking it means we do not know whether it will work or not. However, the fact that relativistic shielding can stop things like time dilation or FTL leading to time travel implies that it may at the very least interfere with the Krenim ship's weapon or calculations.
not the krenim weapon ship and species 8472's bioships.
Bioships being able to hold off conventional megaton yield weaponry =/= Bioships being able to hold off giga- / tera- ton yield weaponry. And no, observed bioship firepower (except with the magic-chain-reaction planet-busting variety) does not come close to Star Wars either. I believe the main site has some info on this.
wouldn't work, the ship is protected from space-time and impervious to their weapons.
This is getting boring. And silly. What part of "writer's intent has no place here" or "on-screen visuals are superior to dialogue" don't you understand?
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

How did that ship end up crashing into Voyager then? Spontaneous loss of control?
you must not have understood what I was saying. If the krenim ship was firing chronaton torpedos then you would except them to have the same behavior. When ordinary krenim ships fired chronaton torpedos they don't make it past their shields. The krenim's conventional weapons impacted voyager's hull and no sign of the shields. One ship became too damaged from the weapon that it lost control and collided with voyager.
No, properly speaking it means we do not know whether it will work or not. However, the fact that relativistic shielding can stop things like time dilation or FTL leading to time travel implies that it may at the very least interfere with the Krenim ship's weapon or calculations.
maybe and might huh? ok we'll just throw that out there as a theoretical possibility. Maybe someone knows how to make those temporal shields and we just don't know it. Properly speaking, this isn't something that can be used to state that the empire would win.
Bioships being able to hold off conventional megaton yield weaponry =/= Bioships being able to hold off giga- / tera- ton yield weaponry. And no, observed bioship firepower (except with the magic-chain-reaction planet-busting variety) does not come close to Star Wars either. I believe the main site has some info on this.
They destroy borg cubes in one or two shots and disabled voyagers shields and weapons in one shot while sending their ship hurling in space.
This is getting boring. And silly. What part of "writer's intent has no place here" or "on-screen visuals are superior to dialogue" don't you understand?
the visuals are a form of writer's intent too. Plus the yields statistics in the ICS of star wars are all writer's intent which is arguable against the visuals we see in films. Using this same logic, I can downplay star wars weaponry as you know it.
hunter5
Padawan Learner

Post by hunter5 »

for voyager but the ability to do this was never demonstrated on star wars.
If the morons on voyager can do it anyone can besides in order for star wars to make their hyperspace time shields they have to have some knowledge on how time travel works.
You must enjoy being wrong all the time.

http://www.ditl.org/index.php?daymain=/ ... imtimeship says that the conventional weapons details are not known.

the krenim weapon's conventional weapon's aren't even the same color as the krenim torepedos. You can't tell the difference between phasers and photons just by looking at them. Plus the conventional weapon of the krenim ship didn't impact voyager's shields or the shields of their fleet whereas the krenim torpedos were stoped by the temporal shields.
I was actually asking how voyager got hit by the krenim torpedos if the ship didn't use any?
marsh8472 wrote:Voyager got this information from a torpedo lodged in their hull but the krenim weapon is never seen using these torpedoes and wouldn't against the empire. So they'll need to get the variance number another way.
You said it yourself voyager had one of these krenim torpedoes lodged in their hull but then you say the krenim weapon is never seen firing the torpedoes so where the hell did the torpedoes come from? Do you always miss read questions?
Do the research: Relativistic shielding does not protect the ship from any type of attacks or energies just some types of energy generated from hyperspace travel. It keeps the ship from moving slower in time. You're assigning characteristics to relative shielding that just aren't there. It cannot shield itself from a temporal shockwave and changes in the speed of time is a different phenomena than changes in history. That just shows how irrational and despirate people are here when it comes to defenses.
Frankly we don't the the true effect but it does protect the ship from temporal effects. Hey I am not the one clinging to a one episode wonder that WAS ERASED FROM TIME as the sole means to win. Who is desperate here?
if they don't get hit then there's no way to test prototype shielding as a defense against the weapon. Any test prototypes need to be successful on the first try otherwise it gets erased and no one remembers trying that prototype and they're just as lible to send the same prototype again while not knowing they did it before. This is all assuming that star wars has the ability to make temporal shields to begin with which they don't.
Use an expendable probe or hell capital warships are not in short supply we just use one of them.
not the krenim weapon ship and species 8472's bioships.
Actually yes they are the time ship doesn't really have a lot of power it just changes time. Based on what we have seen a rather useless weapon as even the smallest error in your calculations screws everything up given it too the crazy captain 200 years to try and fix his mistake.
wouldn't work, the ship is protected from space-time and impervious to their weapons.
Then why do we see weapons interact with it?
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

If the morons on voyager can do it anyone can besides in order for star wars to make their hyperspace time shields they have to have some knowledge on how time travel works.
and they've never demonstrated an ability to do any more than that with their knowledge of time. Trek ships go faster than light and face the conquered the same problems.
I was actually asking how voyager got hit by the krenim torpedos if the ship didn't use any?
...the garden variety krenim vessels use them. They're the ones that fired the torpedo that got lodged in the hull. It happened before they even encountered the krenim weapon ship. There's no evidence that the krenim weapon ship uses them.
Frankly we don't the the true effect but it does protect the ship from temporal effects. Hey I am not the one clinging to a one episode wonder that WAS ERASED FROM TIME as the sole means to win. Who is desperate here?
it's not my sole means and it's only one ship
Actually yes they are the time ship doesn't really have a lot of power it just changes time. Based on what we have seen a rather useless weapon as even the smallest error in your calculations screws everything up given it too the crazy captain 200 years to try and fix his mistake.
I meant to say xendi weapon instead of krenim weapon. I could always use ships from the future since they are also trek ships technically. The timeship Aeon is capable of generating a temporal explosion that can destroy an entire star system and is capable of opening up a doorway to anywhere, anytime allowing it to strike any target it wished. What do you suppose the yield on a temporal explosion like that would be?
Then why do we see weapons interact with it?
they don't, they never get past their temporal field.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

you must not have understood what I was saying. If the krenim ship was firing chronaton torpedos then you would except them to have the same behavior. When ordinary krenim ships fired chronaton torpedos they don't make it past their shields. The krenim's conventional weapons impacted voyager's hull and no sign of the shields. One ship became too damaged from the weapon that it lost control and collided with voyager.
Fair enough, I misunderstood.
Properly speaking, this isn't something that can be used to state that the empire would win.
It also means you can't be certain the Krenim weapon will work either.
They destroy borg cubes in one or two shots and disabled voyagers shields and weapons in one shot while sending their ship hurling in space.
You do realise that Jango / Boba Fett's Slave One could blow Borg cubes to kingdom come as well, right?
the visuals are a form of writer's intent too. Plus the yields statistics in the ICS of star wars are all writer's intent which is arguable against the visuals we see in films.
ICS figures support the SW movies (especially the AotC ICS). That you fail to understand this is your problem.

You said it yourself voyager had one of these krenim torpedoes lodged in their hull but then you say the krenim weapon is never seen firing the torpedoes so where the hell did the torpedoes come from? Do you always miss read questions?
They were from another, regular Krenim warship, some days prior to the encounter with Annorax's ship. One of the torpedoes that hit Voyager didn't go off, and they used this to develop temporal shielding that protected them both from the torpedoes and the main gun of Annorax's ship.

The timeship Aeon...
... would get vaporised by a light turbolaser shot. Next!
it's not my sole means and it's only one ship
I dread to think what's next. More Borg love? 8472? The planet-killer that Kirk encountered? The Organians? Ooh! How about the Founders infiltrating the Empire and replacing Palpatine!
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

It also means you can't be certain the Krenim weapon will work either.
nothing is a garantee. Maybe the crew on the krenim ship will mutany out of boredom and then they'd lose that way. I don't see them losing from anything the empire does though. They have eternity to roam their galaxy and cause all the damage they want.
You do realise that Jango / Boba Fett's Slave One could blow Borg cubes to kingdom come as well, right?
there's an example of firepower that's never demonstrated on film.
ICS figures support the SW movies (especially the AotC ICS). That you fail to understand this is your problem.
The only figures of interest are ones that are put in parenthesis the datafile sections for the AoTC ICS. His method of determining these numbers were probably flawed except the ones that give them kiloton or maybe megaton yields, them are ok. You'll notice he doesn't do this in the episode 3 cross sections book.

There are further objections here: http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWICS.html

I'm sure we'll see more star wars contradictions on film in the future.
.. would get vaporised by a light turbolaser shot. Next!
That's funny that you think it would be that easy. The temporal rift is what explodes because the time ship doesn't properly calibrated the temporal matrix. That was an example of a trek weapon that's stronger than anything in star wars.
I dread to think what's next. More Borg love? 8472? The planet-killer that Kirk encountered? The Organians? Ooh! How about the Founders infiltrating the Empire and replacing Palpatine!
Yeah I was thinking Organians as one possibility, Kevin Uxbridge, Q of course, 27th+ century aliens, V'ger, the wormhole aliens, maybe the probe from star trek 4. Not so much the dooms day machine I think the empire could take that one down. The changeling idea is good enough though, add that to the list.
Azron_Stoma
Padawan Learner

Post by Azron_Stoma »

You know someone is an idiot trektroll when...

here's a tip, do this

go here http://www.stardestroyer.net/Resources/ ... ction.html

Under asteroid diameter type in 13500
Check the cratering energy of Nickel/iron
then convert the joule rating of the Seismic charge to gigatons.
note the match?

then watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d91D5rb3 ... re=related

Note the Asteroids are Siliceous, IE Nickel/iron

Also note the Asteroids at the edge of the blast are being destroyed with equal ease to the ones that were at the center.

seriously we've been over this before multiple times, but of course you refuse to believe it cause your a fucking idiot. :banghead:
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

marsh8472 wrote:nothing is a garantee. Maybe the crew on the krenim ship will mutany out of boredom and then they'd lose that way. I don't see them losing from anything the empire does though. They have eternity to roam their galaxy and cause all the damage they want.
The point is, you cannot say for certain that the Krenim weapon will work, only that it may or may not.
marsh8472 wrote:
there's an example of firepower that's never demonstrated on film.
Yawn. Main site. SW v ST in 5 mins has the figures for Slave I. Borg go getting blown up by double-digit megaton firepower at best.
marsh8472 wrote:
The only figures of interest are ones that are put in parenthesis the datafile sections for the AoTC ICS. His method of determining these numbers were probably flawed except the ones that give them kiloton or maybe megaton yields, them are ok.
Because you agree with them presumably.
marsh8472 wrote:You'll notice he doesn't do this in the episode 3 cross sections book.
Perhaps he got told not to, who cares? Doesn't invalidate the ones we already have.
marsh8472 wrote:There are further objections here: http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWICS.html
I was waiting for Darkstar's site to turn up in your arguments. Oh boy.
Pro tip: if you want to come and debate here, do not refer to someone (or his work) who has been so thoroughly debunked by everyone with a clue as to how science works as Darkstar and his site. That site is basically considered THE resource for all the Trektards who can't bear to see their beloved franchise get stomped all over by a different franchise.
marsh8472 wrote:
.. would get vaporised by a light turbolaser shot. Next!
That's funny that you think it would be that easy. The temporal rift is what explodes because the time ship doesn't properly calibrated the temporal matrix. That was an example of a trek weapon that's stronger than anything in star wars.
Yes, the timeship may be able to blow up a star system. My point is that Voyager could pretty much defeat that little thing, so SW ships would have no problems doing it.
marsh8472 wrote:
Yeah I was thinking Organians as one possibility, Kevin Uxbridge, Q of course, 27th+ century aliens, V'ger, the wormhole aliens, maybe the probe from star trek 4. Not so much the dooms day machine I think the empire could take that one down. The changeling idea is good enough though, add that to the list.
Reading this, I can't tell if you're having a laugh or not. I'll assume you're being serious, given your other posts:

1. Q and Q-like entities... yeah if Q wanted to I'm sure he could. So all the Federation needs to do somehow is convince the Q to fight the war for them. Fortunately, Q is always there to hand the Federation whatever it needs on a platter, like how he saved them at Wolf 359 and... oh no wait. Most of the time he's either testing them or threatening them with total annihilation. Let's face it though, this is basically a concession that the regular powers of Trek have no hope against Star Wars, so they must call on their (for all intents and purposes) gods to do it for them.
2. V'ger etc we have no idea if it'd work on much more powerful SW ships with very different technologies.
3. Changelings would be detected by bio-scanners etc and isolated. It's not like SW isn't used to shapeshifters or anything. Hint: AotC. And I can just see one trying to sneak up on Palpatine:

"I sense a disturbance in the Force."
Palpatine turns to face the changeling. Cue maniacal laughter and copious amounts of Force lightning.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Azron_Stoma wrote:
You know someone is an idiot trektroll when...

here's a tip, do this

go here http://www.stardestroyer.net/Resources/ ... ction.html

Under asteroid diameter type in 13500
Check the cratering energy of Nickel/iron
then convert the joule rating of the Seismic charge to gigatons.
note the match?

then watch this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d91D5rb3 ... re=related

Note the Asteroids are Siliceous, IE Nickel/iron

Also note the Asteroids at the edge of the blast are being destroyed with equal ease to the ones that were at the center.

seriously we've been over this before multiple times, but of course you refuse to believe it cause your a fucking idiot. :banghead:
First off i'll lay your claims out there: the author of ICS claims that the minelayer weapon has 5x10^19 Joules per shot or 50,000,000,000 gigajoules per shot. 4184000 gigajoules is equal to 1 megaton. That means that the minelayer has a firepower of about 12 gigatons.

Looks okay to me except your little note about the asteroids being nickel/iron. Granite is a silicate and it's concluded that those asteroids are granite. I'll assume that's not in dispute now.

So now the calculator says the yield of the weapon is 445.2 megatons which is still alittle high so we know that we're not taking something into account.
In Attack of the Clones, we see a pursuit of Slave I by Obi-Wan in a 'Jedi Fighter' backfire, leading to Slave I chasing Obi-Wan through an "asteroid field", which is the ring of planet Geonosis. In the midst of this chase, we see a shot from Slave I destroy half of an asteroid. The size of the asteroid is 8 meters, as judged from the ~4 meter wide fighter. This means that Slave I fragmented a mere 3-4 cubic meters of asteroid, without significant vaporization or melting. Calculations will soon follow.

Using Wong's own asteroid calculator (since I explicitly haven't worked that scene yet), and inputting the high-side estimate of 10 meters for the asteroid, one finds that the required cratering energy (i.e. the energy required to make a crater equal to the radius, which is pretty much the effect seen) would be only .2 tons (0.84 gigajoules, or 840 megajoules) for solid granite. Even if we assume that these are magic planetary rings made of nickel-iron (as opposed to common rings made of far lesser materials, usually ice or sometimes collections of dust and dirt clods), we're only up to 19.7 gigajoules for the overestimate asteroid, from a vehicle significantly larger than a fighter.
okay so your diameter is way off. The actual minelayer weapon has a yield of only 0.2 tons of TNT, so not even a kiloton. And if you want to be generous and assume the asteroid is nickel/iron just for the fun of it then you're up to about 5 tons of TNT.

A weapon makes a ball-shaped explosion which had the unusual side-effect of drawing in all sound from a given area around it. It is a sonic weapon which is kinda funny considering that sound cannot exist in a vacuum. I'm suprised you didn't know that from being someone that calls others idiots I'm assuming you don't put yourself in the same category. Well it looks like you are in that category after all doesn't it? :lol: Glad I could help.
Yawn. Main site. SW v ST in 5 mins has the figures for Slave I. Borg go getting blown up by double-digit megaton firepower at best.
that quote I have about the slave I weapons come from the st vs sw site actually.
The point is, you cannot say for certain that the Krenim weapon will work, only that it may or may not.
there's a certain amount of luck involved in any battle. The question is which one would win in most situations that would determine which is better. The krenim weapon wins.
Because you agree with them presumably.

I'm more likely to agree with the smaller numbers, I haven't looked at them in great detail and compared them with star trek firepower. The bigger ones stand out enough to be addressed first. I'll agree with 99.9% of what's in ICS episode 2. There's just these little tid bits of information in parenthesis regarding yield, found in the datafile section on some pages, that are in dispute. Often times information in parenthesis is regarded as unimportant or in this case the authors opinion only.
Perhaps he got told not to, who cares? Doesn't invalidate the ones we already have.
they're invalidated enough but its true firepower doesn't concern me on this thread.
I was waiting for Darkstar's site to turn up in your arguments. Oh boy.
Pro tip: if you want to come and debate here, do not refer to someone (or his work) who has been so thoroughly debunked by everyone with a clue as to how science works as Darkstar and his site. That site is basically considered THE resource for all the Trektards who can't bear to see their beloved franchise get stomped all over by a different franchise.
wow there's someone that comes to these threads that actually knows about science? Let me know when they get here.
Yes, the timeship may be able to blow up a star system. My point is that Voyager could pretty much defeat that little thing, so SW ships would have no problems doing it.
the star ship relativity then. It's commanded by the same captain as that timeship and presumably uses the same type of technology that can cause a temporal explosion.
Reading this, I can't tell if you're having a laugh or not. I'll assume you're being serious, given your other posts:

1. Q and Q-like entities... yeah if Q wanted to I'm sure he could. So all the Federation needs to do somehow is convince the Q to fight the war for them. Fortunately, Q is always there to hand the Federation whatever it needs on a platter, like how he saved them at Wolf 359 and... oh no wait. Most of the time he's either testing them or threatening them with total annihilation. Let's face it though, this is basically a concession that the regular powers of Trek have no hope against Star Wars, so they must call on their (for all intents and purposes) gods to do it for them.
2. V'ger etc we have no idea if it'd work on much more powerful SW ships with very different technologies.
3. Changelings would be detected by bio-scanners etc and isolated. It's not like SW isn't used to shapeshifters or anything. Hint: AotC. And I can just see one trying to sneak up on Palpatine:
Actually I know that regular star trek ships can take on the empire since the weapons and shields on star wars don't look any more impressive. http://st-v-sw.net/STSWcompare.html concludes that star trek actually has superior offensive firepower overall. Unfortunately I've been through this before with star wars die hards and they will just cling to "Star Wars Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross Sections" along with canon policy like flies on shit. No sense in talking to a brick wall on that matter. I'll accept that the figures are wrong or that the figures refer to statistical data in an alternate star wars universe as described by george lucas.

Edit: fixed quote tags. --Lagmonster
hogie1
Redshirt

Post by hogie1 »

temporal shielding - preventing or protecting from the relating to time

since time is just a reference point for events the only thing you need for a temporal shield is something that blocks the ability of events to be measured by one wanting to observe said event. so all you need for a temporal shield is something that blocks all light and particles from being observed in a said event. so a common temporal shield can be a simple lead plate or a particle neutralizer
all i have to say Arthur is this... SPOON
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

So now the calculator says the yield of the weapon is 445.2 megatons which is still alittle high so we know that we're not taking something into account.
You do though have to factor in the fact that the seismic charges are 360 degree shockwaves, and that there will be both inefficiencies, wasted energy, and a lot of energy not going in the same direction as Obi-Wan.
there's a certain amount of luck involved in any battle. The question is which one would win in most situations that would determine which is better. The krenim weapon wins.
Because you say so.
okay so your diameter is way off. The actual minelayer weapon has a yield of only 0.2 tons of TNT, so not even a kiloton. And if you want to be generous and assume the asteroid is nickel/iron just for the fun of it then you're up to about 5 tons of TNT.
Snipped the badly-quoted example you gave there, but talk about dishonesty. I'll assume it's one of Darkstar's.
1. It's a shockwave. It hits asteroids in a big circle. That means that, whilst it may only take 840MJ to shatter one, single, small asteroid, it will take a lot more to shatter both the dozens (hundreds?) of asteroids we see those shockwaves shatter, and the ones that are umpteen times the size of Obi-Wan's fighter.
2. Unless the example is related to Slave I's rapid-firing cannons, which are much less powerful than those seismic charges, which means you're dishonest for using Weapon B's firepower to make claims about Weapon A's. The rapid-firing cannons have a firepower of 2kt per shot, and in that sequence at least seemed to be set for the weird "flak burst" effect as well.
3. If an asteroid is 8m across and (for sake of argument) a sphere, that means that to somehow destroy half of it means destroying half of ~268 cubic metres of whatever it's made of. The calculator on the site doesn't go below 10m, so we'll use that figure instead. Vaporisation energy is 3.8kt, cratering 0.2 tons, and melt 769.8 tons. All these figures are lower limits, however, because of the various inefficiencies. Anyway, damn you for making me visit that horrible site...
3a. Note the image here. It actually looks like the shot is melting a hole right through the asteroid.
3b. If a good chunk of your energy is not being dumped into the asteroid itself, your weapon yield will appear lower.
3c. What's with all that red-hot glowing debris from the shot? Aha...
3d. Extremely rapid heating can cause mechanical shockwaves in materials, which is what is most likely responsible for the shattering around the part of the asteroid the bolt passed through. The best person I can think of for more info on this would be Darth Wong, who's studied this kind of thing.
As for "sonic weapons", clearly it is not a sonic weapon if you look at that explosion, plus (as you note) the lack anything for sonic shockwaves in open space to propagate through.
the star ship relativity then. It's commanded by the same captain as that timeship and presumably uses the same type of technology that can cause a temporal explosion.
Let's say, for the sake of argument, that it's three orders of magnitude more powerful than the one-man ship we encountered, given how much bigger it is.
It is now an easier target for the Star Destroyer to blow to smithereens.
Actually I know that regular star trek ships can take on the empire since the weapons and shields on star wars don't look any more impressive. http://st-v-sw.net/STSWcompare.html concludes that star trek actually has superior offensive firepower overall. Unfortunately I've been through this before with star wars die hards and they will just cling to "Star Wars Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross Sections" along with canon policy like flies on shit.
Okay, let's ignore the ICS figures for a moment, and look at just what we see in the films.
1500TJ firepower from the almost invisibly tiny trench guns on a Star Destroyer: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tec ... eroid.html
1e38J firepower for the Death Star I's main cannon: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tec ... eraan.html
14.6PJ firepower seen here: http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Tec ... Calc1.html
Azron_Stoma
Padawan Learner

Post by Azron_Stoma »

marsh8472 wrote:Looks okay to me except your little note about the asteroids being nickel/iron. Granite is a silicate and it's concluded that those asteroids are granite. I'll assume that's not in dispute now.
As always you are a dishonest fuck.

http://www.onewest.net/~dollan/ARCPCLsilicaceous01.html

Note the statement of the Nickel/Iron, and my goodness, that looks a great deal like one of the Asteroids in the sequence.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

You do though have to factor in the fact that the seismic charges are 360 degree shockwaves, and that there will be both inefficiencies, wasted energy, and a lot of energy not going in the same direction as Obi-Wan.
We don't have to factor that since the seismic charges aren't a good weapon unless you happen to be a ship chasing a slave I through an asteroid field.
Because you say so.
how original. Sometimes one side will get lucky and win when they're not supposed to, like the dominion against the federation or the borg against the federation. Multiple scenarios are considered to find out which has the higher probability of winning. Considering i'm the only one on the thread with half-a-brain it seems like, we'll just say "because I say so" is a good enough reason in the future.

As for justifying star wars firepower I disregard the footage of a star destroyer allegedly vaporizing asteroids as proof of firepower because the special effects suck too much.

the first asteroid blows up before it even gets hit. Before you try to say that part of the destructive power of the bold is invisible, we should see the same effect with the other 2 asteroids that get hit but we don't. We also see an asteroid blow up and disappear exactly the same way when it hits the bottom of the star destroyers hull.

The deathstar's ability to destroy a planet is a chain reaction weapon (a fast chain reaction but a chain reaction all the same)

As for the math behind the millennium falcon's power, numbers can be fudged to say anything you want.
As always you are a dishonest fuck.

http://www.onewest.net/~dollan/ARCPCLsilicaceous01.html

Note the statement of the Nickel/Iron, and my goodness, that looks a great deal like one of the Asteroids in the sequence.
and you dumb fuck...

http://jersey.uoregon.edu/~mstrick/AskG ... rry27.html
Granite is the ultimate silicate rock
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_is_granite_a_silicate
Granite is a silicate because it contains 70-77% silica (SiO2).

Granite is a rock, and silica is mineral containing the chemical elements silicon (Si) and oxygen (O). Si and O chemically combine to form SiO2.

Rocks are made up of minerals, which are made up of chemical elements.

Because silicon and oxygen are the two most common chemical elements in the Earth's crust, silicate rocks are very common.
next time I tell you something, just assume i'm right to save time.
Teleros
Jedi Council Member

Post by Teleros »

marsh8472 wrote:We don't have to factor that since the seismic charges aren't a good weapon unless you happen to be a ship chasing a slave I through an asteroid field.
Hey, I'm not the one disputing firepower figures here. Stop trying to change the subject.
marsh8472 wrote:As for justifying star wars firepower I disregard the footage of a star destroyer allegedly vaporizing asteroids as proof of firepower because the special effects suck too much.
There are other shots, but whatever. Too busy laughing.
marsh8472 wrote:The deathstar's ability to destroy a planet is a chain reaction weapon (a fast chain reaction but a chain reaction all the same)

As for the math behind the millennium falcon's power, numbers can be fudged to say anything you want.
You have proof for both of these points I assume :?: .
Azron_Stoma
Padawan Learner

Post by Azron_Stoma »

marsh8472 wrote:We don't have to factor that since the seismic charges aren't a good weapon unless you happen to be a ship chasing a slave I through an asteroid field.
Irrelevant, they show the empire is capable of making weapons that have vastly superior energy to Federation weapons of similar size.
how original
Coming from you that "criticism" is a rather large moment of hypocrisy,
the first asteroid blows up before it even gets hit. Before you try to say that part of the destructive power of the bold is invisible, we should see the same effect with the other 2 asteroids that get hit but we don't. We also see an asteroid blow up and disappear exactly the same way when it hits the bottom of the star destroyers hull.
Considering the damage sustained by other ISDs before getting their shields back up, it's safe to assume weapon visible/invisible synchronization wasn't a top priority, as a result some guns were more synchronized than others.

It does disappear because it impacted the hull hugging shields.

IE, those weren't bloopers at all.
The deathstar's ability to destroy a planet is a chain reaction weapon (a fast chain reaction but a chain reaction all the same)
Yet another one of Darkstars's claims that you have parroted and we had debunked years ago.
numbers can be fudged to say anything you want.
Funny cause that's the MO of Darkstar and yourself.
next time I tell you something, just assume i'm right to save time.
That would imply you have ever been right, which of course, you haven't.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

the first asteroid blows up before it even gets hit. Before you try to say that part of the destructive power of the bold is invisible, we should see the same effect with the other 2 asteroids that get hit but we don't.
When you fire a gun, does every single round cause a muzzle flash?
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Darth Lucifer wrote:
the first asteroid blows up before it even gets hit. Before you try to say that part of the destructive power of the bold is invisible, we should see the same effect with the other 2 asteroids that get hit but we don't.
When you fire a gun, does every single round cause a muzzle flash?
Are you serious? :wtf:
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

It's the best analogy I could think of. Keep in mind that several people have pointed out to Tard8472 that not all of a TL bolt is in the visible spectrum and he continually ignores this because of "crappy FX".
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Darth Lucifer wrote:It's the best analogy I could think of. Keep in mind that several people have pointed out to Tard8472 that not all of a TL bolt is in the visible spectrum and he continually ignores this because of "crappy FX".
Unless you were including airguns in the analogy it's a really, really crappy one. :P
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Since we're basically having the same conversations on 2 threads at once I'll paste my last reply here that I put on the other thread regarding your visual evidence

Order of precidence works different in star trek canon according to http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Memory_ ... non_policy
The following are valid resources from the episodes and movies and may be referenced in Trek universe articles as citations, in descending order of precedence:

1. Spoken dialogue (what is said)
2. Visual material (what is seen)
3. Aural material (what is heard that is not dialogue)
Articles need to cite each resource used as the basis for their information. Generally, everything seen or heard in any Star Trek episode or movie can be used as a resource for an article.
In this case the countless dialog of the krenim ship being described as being outside space-time overirdes your visual evidence against it.
Formless
Sith Marauder

Post by Formless »

See my response in the other thread. That canon policy is for the wiki Memory Alpha and is not officially recognized by Paramount. As it says so at the very top of the page you linked to you are either the most stupid twat I have ever encountered or else outright dishonest.
"Still, I would love to see human beings, and their constituent organ systems, trivialized and commercialized to the same extent as damn iPods and other crappy consumer products. It would be absolutely horrific, yet so wonderful." — Shroom Man 777
"To Err is Human; to Arrr is Pirate." — Skallagrim
“I would suggest "Schmuckulating", which is what Futurists do and, by extension, what they are." — Commenter "Rayneau"
The Magic Eight Ball Conspiracy.
marsh8472
Youngling

Post by marsh8472 »

Formless wrote:See my response in the other thread. That canon policy is for the wiki Memory Alpha and is not officially recognized by Paramount. As it says so at the very top of the page you linked to you are either the most stupid twat I have ever encountered or else outright dishonest.
see my response to you on the other thread, after you're done letting chewbacca fuck you in the ass. I would ask the moderator to lock this "new trekkie vid" since the other thread has the same discussions. Plus it's my video after all. :D
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Because I would like to channel the arguments into a single thread so as to minimize spill-off and dogpiling, I will lock this for now. Bear in mind that I can be overruled by other staff, including the proper moderator of this forum and the administration.
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.