Let's Plan the invasion of the ST Galaxy by the Empire!

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Eleas
Jaina Dax

Re: Let's Plan the invasion of the ST Galaxy by the Empire!

Post by Eleas »

Jarek Densaku wrote:You must know......The rebels already learned about your plans. Now you can be sure they'll warn the Federation & the others about it, if it isn't done already.
Nice of you to say, and you're right. We must know, and we do. Your vital assistance in illuminating the cell structure of insurgents on hundreds of worlds is duly noted, and will be rewarded with an all-expenses-paid vacation to an undisclosed location. The knocking at your door is a team of our travel representatives, who are here to help you pack for your stimulating and rewarding journey.

Do not attempt to operate the com system. Our friendly and helpful travel representatives have already notified your family and associates about your complementary vacation. If experiencing discomfort or bleeding lacerations from your attempts at breaking the window, our friendly and helpful travel representatives are certified to provide medical aid. Please unlock the door and follow their instructions.

When you arrive at the vacation site there will be a party, with cake.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Jarek Densaku
Redshirt

Post by Jarek Densaku »

Don't worry. I've got the means to send your representatives on a travel too....a permanent travel.
Hail to the Alliance........... :twisted:

By the Way. Vulcans will make great Jedi Knights....

Sorry. "Versus" crossovers tend to awake the roleplayer in me. :P
"In 1966 Star Trek anticipated the cellphone.
In 2009 it's making placements for Nokia.
Seems like future generations of scientists will look somewhere else for inspiration."
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

I thought they would be more Sith.

Anyway, if this is out of our complete control, forces other than the Imperial Navy get involved- and I am not just talking Rebels. How long do you think before corporate forces start slicing up the new galaxy? Join us and we will prevent CorpSec from performing a "hostile takeover" of your nation.
Jarek Densaku
Redshirt

Post by Jarek Densaku »

Samuel wrote:
I thought they would be more Sith.
That depends here. If you're talking about the Original Trek. Vulcans would be Jedis. But in the "Abramverse" they'ld be more affected by the Dark Side.

Oh and that's a good question here. Wich Trek do you want to invade? If it's the Abramverse, i'ld be more than happy to join. Mouahaha.... :twisted:
"In 1966 Star Trek anticipated the cellphone.
In 2009 it's making placements for Nokia.
Seems like future generations of scientists will look somewhere else for inspiration."
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Vulcans have extreme problems controlling their emotions due to how they repress them. They are Sith waiting to happen.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Jarek Densaku wrote: Sorry. "Versus" crossovers tend to awake the roleplayer in me. :P
A bit off-topic, but I suggest you check out the STGOD/Roleplaying subforum.

Anyway, the discussion of the possible Sith tendencies of Vulcans has got me thinking about some of the other species in Trek with some unusual mental abilities. I especially could see Imperial intelligence wanting to get their hands on Betazoids like Troi, due to potential intelligence/interrogation uses of an empath. Mental note: do not BDZ Betazed. :D

Getting back to specific numbers for the logistics of an invasion, I don't see how we can work out the details of how many men, ships, etc. its going to take unless we have some solid numbers on enemy ships, worlds, men, and so on. For the Feds we at least have the 150 worlds line from First Contact. DS9 has some numbers for Dominion and Klingon fleets. However, I don't know of any hard numbers on the Romulans or Borg, never mind all the "aliens of the week." Which is a bit of a problem, and another reason why planning the logistics of a galactic invasion in any great detail might simply not be possible. Which leads me back to the earlier suggestion of taking a single beachhead and securing that, before gradually expanding outwards over the next few decades.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

The rebels won't be able to do much in the ST galaxy anyways, it would be a very long term project to bring the local powers up to SW tech. At best they can use it as an area for R&R and maybe exchange droids or simple tech for more important resources.

As for the Empire I think it would be far easier and cheaper for them to just unleash the corporations on them or let state run industries sell them minor things until they basically become client states. Yeah you could stomp all over them in a glorious campaign of conquest but I don't see much benefit in that other then as a training exercise for the military.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

As for the Empire I think it would be far easier and cheaper for them to just unleash the corporations on them or let state run industries sell them minor things until they basically become client states. Yeah you could stomp all over them in a glorious campaign of conquest but I don't see much benefit in that other then as a training exercise for the military.
This is Palpatine. Competition amoung the various government branches is good- it keeps them all subservient.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Samuel wrote:
This is Palpatine. Competition amoung the various government branches is good- it keeps them all subservient.
Right but what is the Navy (for example) going to get out this, what competition is it going to generate?

This is an honest question BTW not an attempt to start a flamewar.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
Samuel wrote:
Right but what is the Navy (for example) going to get out this, what competition is it going to generate?

This is an honest question BTW not an attempt to start a flamewar.
The Navy is going to get large swatches of territory for bases, a new source of potentially loyal manpower, more threats to justify funding, new tech that we might be able to exploit and private solar systems for the top brass :D
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Samuel wrote:
The Navy is going to get large swatches of territory for bases, a new source of potentially loyal manpower, more threats to justify funding, new tech that we might be able to exploit and private solar systems for the top brass :D
Fair enough, I like that last one BTW.
Gerald Tarrant
Jedi Knight

Post by Gerald Tarrant »

Cpl Kendall wrote:As for the Empire I think it would be far easier and cheaper for them to just unleash the corporations on them or let state run industries sell them minor things until they basically become client states. Yeah you could stomp all over them in a glorious campaign of conquest but I don't see much benefit in that other then as a training exercise for the military.
This kind of assumes the wormhole doesn't it?

I like that idea, but it seems to violate the OP's requirement
Imperial Warmonger wrote: So, assume we're all imperial military planners, who have just been told about the ST Galaxy, and we now have a couple of weeks to work on our scandocs and have a detailed plan to present to the Emperor on how we will conquer the ST Galaxy and spread Civilization to the barbaric races (TM).
I think some of the techniques of mercantilism will work out well here. Exclusive trade licenses with the new Imperial "colony" will keep major corps competing with each other for markets.

Politically beneficial: If you keep the number of licenses proportional to the amount of territory you control, you can co-opt corporate expansionary tendencies into political pressure for more troops, ships, supplies to open up new markets and keep the conquest rolling.

Imperially Beneficial: The license fees can defray some of the costs of keeping forces in the field. Also taxing "colonial" income can provide the sort of funds you need to bootstrap those newly conquered Imperial citizens into the modern world.

Unfortunately any sort of "uplift" operation isn't going to provide qualified technical personnel probably for at least a full period of primary+secondary schooling. So the best benefits from Imperial subsidiaries are likely to be sepoys cannon fodder garrison type troops, which would simplify things immensely; you'd be able to keep your ground forces concentrated for major planetary actions. And the high strategic speed would let them deploy quickly to crush dissent and instill fear provide aid in the event of emergencies like hurricanes or free speach.
The rain it falls on all alike
Upon the just and unjust fella'
But more upon the just one for
The Unjust hath the Just's Umbrella
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

You all realise that we're assuming that Star Trek technology is that inferior to Star Wars tech.

Consider; Standard versus; The Empire wins by sheer firepower and speed advantage.

However, the Federation / Other Trek races have tech the Empire lacks. Transporters, weird ass Subspace tech, Holodecks (I can see the Empire loving those. Troops will never know if it's a live fire exercise or not, and that's including stays at holographic resorts), easily produced cloaking devices (Star Wars devices are harder to make apparently), and the odd other tidbit.

The areas Trek lacks in are speed (Hyperdrives), and firepower (removed in this case). It also appears that Star Wars possesses superior computer technology, at least in data-storage capability. Trek appears to be starting to get to Star Wars AI capability (Data, the Exocomps, various Holographic A.Is).

'Uplifting' them may not require as much as you think.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Post by Samuel »

easily produced cloaking devices (Star Wars devices are harder to make apparently),
The material to make them was mostly mined out. Now with a new galaxy we can mass produce them again.

Who wants a stealth Death Star?
'Uplifting' them may not require as much as you think.
They still use manual labor, their industrial output is extremely low, their material science is inferior- it will take alot of work getting up to Imperial standards. Remember that Star Wars infrastructure is supported by a population in the quadrillions. Star Trek has only a population in the trillions.
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

In this scenario, materials science is questionable. After all, Trek ships are now standing up to 200 Gigaton Turbolasers.

Either there is some fancy subspace reason, or bam, they have the level of material science needed.

In THIS scenario, uplifting is more of 'increasing production and population to acceptable imperial standards'.

And that can be done by forced breeding programs and cloning.

As for the Cloaking Technology; Romulan cloaking technology doesn't appear to use a unique resource or exotic material. That's a big advantage over a technology that requires a specific type of resource that was only found in only a few (I recall excactly 1) sources.
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
Simon_Jester
Emperor's Hand

Post by Simon_Jester »

Samuel wrote:Vulcans have extreme problems controlling their emotions due to how they repress them. They are Sith waiting to happen.
Arguably, the same can be said of the Jedi, as demonstrated by where the Sith seem to get most of their recruits from. So they may have a lot in common.
This space dedicated to Vasily Arkhipov
Serafina
Sith Acolyte

Post by Serafina »

Simon_Jester wrote:
Samuel wrote:Vulcans have extreme problems controlling their emotions due to how they repress them. They are Sith waiting to happen.
Arguably, the same can be said of the Jedi, as demonstrated by where the Sith seem to get most of their recruits from. So they may have a lot in common.
Umm...that has more to do with recruiting already trained people, than any real suspectibility to the dark side.

I am not saying they DON'T have that suspectibility - force sensitives are obviously more vulnerable to the dark side.
But still, the main reason is that Jedi just make better instead of easier recruits.
SoS:NBA GALE Force
"Destiny and fate are for those too weak to forge their own futures. Where we are 'supposed' to be is irrelevent." - Sir Nitram
"The world owes you nothing but painful lessons" - CaptainChewbacca
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one." - Wilhelm Stekel
"In 1969 it was easier to send a man to the Moon than to have the public accept a homosexual" - Broomstick

Divine Administration - of Gods and Bureaucracy (Worm/Exalted)
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

The problem with giving hyperdrives, even extremely downrated ones to the trek races, is that it restores strategic and tactical ambush capability to space combat.

With a warp drive equipped enemy, you have frontlines and the like; so you don't have to keep whole fleets of star destroyers, etc doing nothing but sitting in the rear guarding your ammunition dumps, repair yards, etc; to prevent a surprise hyperdrive raid from destroying them.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Straha
Lord of the Spam

Post by Straha »

MKSheppard wrote:The problem with giving hyperdrives, even extremely downrated ones to the trek races, is that it restores strategic and tactical ambush capability to space combat.

With a warp drive equipped enemy, you have frontlines and the like; so you don't have to keep whole fleets of star destroyers, etc doing nothing but sitting in the rear guarding your ammunition dumps, repair yards, etc; to prevent a surprise hyperdrive raid from destroying them.
There are two quick solutions to this:

1. Install a remote lock-out deep in the hyperdrive system. Since the Trek races wont understand the system beyond the basics odds are they wont remove it.

2. Only give the ships to "rebel" groups. If you give a couple Corvettes/Carracks to the Maquis then they'll pose a sizeable local threat to the Federation requiring the immediate deployment of large numbers of ships without posing a real threat to the Empire. Similarly giving a splinter Klingon house (like the Duras, for instance) could accomplish the same thing in that area. Moreover it could probably be done in a way to ensure that Star Fleet would be posted on the opposite side of Federation space from the Empire's initial invasion route helping in conquest and allowing quick grabs at logistical supply centers before the Feds could possibly react.
'After 9/11, it was "You're with us or your with the terrorists." Now its "You're with Straha or you support racism."' ' - The Romulan Republic

'You're a bully putting on an air of civility while saying that everything western and/or capitalistic must be bad, and a lot of other posters (loomer, Stas Bush, Gandalf) are also going along with it for their own personal reasons (Stas in particular is looking through rose colored glasses)' - Darth Yan
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

In addition to the 'remote kill' switches, also include a remote 'auto pilot' control as well. Instead of just shutting them down, order them to hyperjump to a location of our choosing before we start aggressive military campaigns, and deal with them. (i.e trap). We can then use the captured hyperdrive equipped ships as 'trojan horses'.

Night_stalker
Retarded Spambot

Post by Night_stalker »

MKSheppard wrote:
JointStrikeFighter wrote:Commence trade, flood market with goods crashing the econ. Problem solved.
You mean like flood the market with 1 million used spacecraft like the Millenium Falcon or slightly older? The Falcon is what 40 years old by the point of ANH. Even a shitty hyperdrive is tons better than warp drive; and as we've seen, there really is no private ownership of small spacecraft in ST, except by the ferengi.

So you plan to flood the market by giving them advanced gear that could draw all sorts of unwanted attention onto our forces and could be possibly reverse engineered to be used against us? I prefer giving them some low-tech computer gear, but leave a hidden back door so we can remotely access and shut down the system if need be. That will buys us enough time to begin heavily securing the wormhole, and then from there we can send out more probes and TIE Phantoms to map out the nearby systems. After that we make contact with either the Federation or the Klingons(depending on proximity and receptiveness towards our advances), convince them that the two of us could rule the galaxy, :twisted: then embark on a massive crusade to exterminate the other two empires. After that, we move on the Borg, and force them to flee the Alpha Quadrant. After that we manipulate our forces so we are in a prime position to launch a coup, and while executing it, we bring in the big guns :D : either the Death Star or the Eclipse-Class Star Dreadnought as well as numerous ISDs and other heavy warships. We should easily win any battle, and from there we can move to ensure that the Alpha Quadrant remains ours, while sending out probe droids to scout out the other quadrants.
If Dr. Gatling was a nerd, then his most famous invention is the fucking Revenge of the Nerd, writ large...

"Lawful stupid is the paladin that charges into hell because he knows there's evil there."
—anonymous

"Although you may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, the Empire will always strike back."
lordofchange13
Jedi Knight
Location: Kandrakar, the center of the universe and the heart of infinity

Post by lordofchange13 »

just as the great captain zapp brannigan once said:they had us out guned knew the land, so i sent in wave after wave of men. i say the Empire send in wave after wave f battle droids, statdegy (sorry for spelling) is for the weak lets just charge them well brack there lines fast.
"There is no such thing as coincidence in this world - there is only inevitability"
"I consider the Laws of Thermodynamics a loose guideline at best!"
"Set Flamethrowers to... light electrocution"
It's not enough to bash in heads, you also have to bash in minds.
Tired is the Roman wielding the Aquila.
Night_stalker
Retarded Spambot

Post by Night_stalker »

Right, and how exactly do you plan on replacing all those destroyed droids? That neecessitates manufacturing facilities, plus access to minerals capable of replacing droids which were soecifacally designed with one kind of metal to be used in their construcion. I'm not even mentioning how you overlooked space combat, and who you would first target with your forces.

Ohh, and nice necro BTW.
If Dr. Gatling was a nerd, then his most famous invention is the fucking Revenge of the Nerd, writ large...

"Lawful stupid is the paladin that charges into hell because he knows there's evil there."
—anonymous

"Although you may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, the Empire will always strike back."
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Should of caught this before the approval. Locked.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.