An entirely different Star Trek v Star Wars contest

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Ted C
Sith Marauder

An entirely different Star Trek v Star Wars contest

Post by Ted C »

OK, maybe this really falls more under artwork and photos, but there's definitely both Star Trek and Star Wars imagery going on, and you can definitely take sides on which you prefer.

Star Trek and Star Wars Corsets

I have to say, the Trek Corset-and-Miniskirt ensemble seems to be the winner. The Trek color scheme just seems to lend itself better to a corset.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Re: An entirely different Star Trek v Star Wars contest

Post by Aaron »

Agreed, though I think it's because the SW ones have to much crap cluttering them up. Simpler is better when it comes to corsets, all that stuff distracts from the it.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Eleas
Jaina Dax

Post by Eleas »

Ted C wrote:I have to say, the Trek Corset-and-Miniskirt ensemble seems to be the winner. The Trek color scheme just seems to lend itself better to a corset.
Is there an option for "neither"? I'm sorry, but my girlfriend is a professional corset seamstress, and I've seen enough of her work to be unimpressed by this one's worksmanship. I'm not implying it's a catastrophe, but it's certainly nothing I would recommend anyone buying. Then again, I may be spoiled.

Also, calling a 19th century corset with some kind of polyester outfit 'medieval' is an insult to the very concept of history.
Björn Paulsen

"Travelers with closed minds can tell us little except about themselves."
--Chinua Achebe
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Trek for teh win, bonus points for shooting location. My brain is screaming TNG mirror universe, but unfortunately the (Terran?) Empire had fallen by then.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Honestly, either theme will look fine, craftmanship aside, if they aren't filled with some fatty troglodyte that has been convinced somehow that she looks good in it.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Ghetto edit: (fucking customers) It sorta boggles my mind that some of the people that would and do wear these types of outfits will spend so much time trying to make them look good and accurate, yet obviously spend no time trying to make themselves look good and accurate.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I wonder what the "Dark Lord" girl can do telekinetically...
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

Darth Fanboy wrote:I wonder what the "Dark Lord" girl can do telekinetically...
She looks like she's trying to crush someone's balls with the force, so unless you're into that sort of thing.....
And this is why you don't watch anything produced by Ronald D. Moore after he had his brain surgically removed and replaced with a bag of elephant semen.-Gramzamber, on why Caprica sucks
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I prefer to think she's tenderly cupping, but perhaps she is being a bit more rough. Still what are you going to tell a Dark Lady of the Sith....."no"?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Memnon
Padawan Learner

Post by Memnon »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Agreed, though I think it's because the SW ones have to much crap cluttering them up. Simpler is better when it comes to corsets, all that stuff distracts from the it.
I agree wrt to the star wars-y corsets, but it depends on the kind of complexity. For instance, lace is nice... But I don't think buttons are a welcome addition.
For the stormtrooper one - if the skirt and her pose weren't so awkward, it could work. Maybe some white thigh-high boots would do the trick, and probably the awkwardness of the pose is partly caused by the really crappy gun prop.
Are you accusing me of not having a viable magnetic field? - Masaq' Hub, Look to Windward
whipped4073
Redshirt

Post by whipped4073 »

Hmm...

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any Trek corsets on that page. Victorian & pseudo-victorian, yes; Stormtrooper & "Lady Vader", yes; Star Trek, not there.
Ted C
Sith Marauder

Post by Ted C »

whipped4073 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any Trek corsets on that page. Victorian & pseudo-victorian, yes; Stormtrooper & "Lady Vader", yes; Star Trek, not there.
It's not just you; the Trekkish corsets have apparently been taken off the site since I started the thread back in June.
"This is supposed to be a happy occasion... Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
-- The King of Swamp Castle, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing of consequence happened today. " -- Diary of King George III, July 4, 1776

"This is not bad; this is a conspiracy to remove happiness from existence. It seeks to wrap its hedgehog hand around the still beating heart of the personification of good and squeeze until it is stilled."
-- Chuck Sonnenburg on Voyager's "Elogium"
nightmare
Jedi Council Member

Post by nightmare »

Ted C wrote:
whipped4073 wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I don't see any Trek corsets on that page. Victorian & pseudo-victorian, yes; Stormtrooper & "Lady Vader", yes; Star Trek, not there.
It's not just you; the Trekkish corsets have apparently been taken off the site since I started the thread back in June.
So... Star Wars won the challenge?
Star Trek vs. Star Wars, Extralife style.
Night_stalker
Retarded Spambot

Post by Night_stalker »

I guess, by default.
If Dr. Gatling was a nerd, then his most famous invention is the fucking Revenge of the Nerd, writ large...

"Lawful stupid is the paladin that charges into hell because he knows there's evil there."
—anonymous

"Although you may win the occasional battle against us, Vorrik, the Empire will always strike back."