Star Wars vs Star Trek Primer Video

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Star Wars vs Star Trek Primer Video

Post by Lord Poe »

While writing "Sullust To Endor", I realized that the video wouldn't make sense to too many people. That's why I felt the need to produce two videos before it. Here is the first one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhlC-A4nCJI

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

First. Great soundtrack :)
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
harbringer
Padawan Learner

Post by harbringer »

Great film sums up most of the main points ... I would have pointed out it is also about developing your own thinking and debating skills as much as learning science and so on ...

But then we all have different veiws thats what makes this fun and in some cases very entertaining. When I read what hairball wrote I pretty near busted a gut laughing. We all look for something I guess :) great production as always
"Depending on who you talk to, a mercenary can be anything from a savior to the scum of the universe. On the Wolf's Dragoons world of Outreach, the Mercenary's Star, we know what a merc really is - a business man." - Wolf's Dragoons, Outreach (Merc World mag. 3056)
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

Amusing. How is Sullust-to-Endor coming?
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Darth Servo wrote:Amusing. How is Sullust-to-Endor coming?
It's on hold. as I'm still writing it. In the other threads, you guys reminded me of just how stupid the entire scope of the whole argument is. I have to finish "History of the SW vs ST Debate" first, though. Shouldn't take long.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Here's a teaser shot of the upcoming "Brief History of Star Trek vs Star Wars"

Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Who is that supposed to be?
"Impossible! Lasers can't even harm out deflector dish! Clearly these foes are masters of illusion!' 'But sir, my console says we-' 'MASTERS OF ILLUSION! - General Schatten
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Aratech wrote:Who is that supposed to be?
Random Trektard.

Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Might I ask why the presumably hardback book is slightly bent?
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Zablorg wrote:Might I ask why the presumably hardback book is slightly bent?
I'm guessing a fit of impotent rage?
"Impossible! Lasers can't even harm out deflector dish! Clearly these foes are masters of illusion!' 'But sir, my console says we-' 'MASTERS OF ILLUSION! - General Schatten
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

It looks like he shopped the book onto a newspaper.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Aratech wrote:
I'm guessing a fit of impotent rage?
Yup!