24%
Break even
6%

Total votes: 50

Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

ST Vs SW: The Movie! RAR!

Post by Sidewinder »

Assume that Lucasarts and Paramount have agreed to collaborate on a 'Star Trek Vs Star Wars' movie, YOU are the scriptwriter, and the studios have agreed to accept your script AS IS. What kind of story will it be like?

My idea is set in the Mirror Universe. Mirror Spock has just taken command of the Enterprise, and imprisoned Mirror Kirk in the brig. Then the Enterprise encounters a star destroyer under Vader's command (this is set shortly after 'Revenge of the Sith'). The Sith Lord captures the Enterprise and, with the Force whispering that Kirk to be important to advancing his goals, frees Kirk and imprisons Spock.

A demonstration of Imperial might leads to Kirk swearing allegiance to Vader and convincing the Sith Lord to support a coup that places Kirk on the throne of the Terran Empire, which becomes a protectorate of the Galactic Empire. Deciding that non-humans can't be trusted, Kirk decides to do some ethnic cleansing.

Decades pass (the story is now set between 'A New Hope' and 'The Empire Strikes Back'). The Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, and Cardassians who weren't sent to the gas chambers and furnaces, slaving away in dilithium mines, or used as Guinea pigs in the Terran Empire's plans to create superhumans, are now in hiding in the Badlands. The Rebel Alliance, trying to hide from the Galactic Empire's forces, run into the non-humans in hiding and decide to help them. There is a lot of tension initially between the Rebels and the Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, and Cardassians, due to the fact that the non-humans don't trust humans (with good reason).

Include battles between the Terran Empire's genetically-engineered supersoldiers (think low-budget Space Marines) and Saavik, who's received some training from Luke and now wields a lightsaber.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

If it was based in the normal Star Trek universe? Almost the entire movie would have to be around a century into the future for there to be a feasible plot that you could base a movie around.

Though I do love the idea of the Enterprise trying to do one of its famous "One-ship missions" against the Executor.

"Fire ph-"

BOOM
JointStrikeFighter
Worthless Trolling Palm-Fucker

Post by JointStrikeFighter »

There is enough Starwars fans, Star Trek fans and people who just like explosions to ensure should such a movie be made it would be guaranteed to make vast quantities of money.
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Ghetto Edit: In case it's not clear, by "century into the future", I mean a century after the galaxies first encounter one another.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

First, if I were to write the movie, I'd throw all the established calcs out the window. Fuck 'em. There's about 0.00001% of the audience of this movie that will care at all about the fact that Star Wars ships should be better than I portray them, and they can just read Star Destroyers Rampant or some other Conquest rip-off if they want and imagine lots of Star Trek ships getting blown to itty-bitty pieces. I see no reason whatsoever for this film to use any stuff from the actual debates in it.

This movie is going to have a bunch of big, set-piece battles, and they aren't just going to involve Imperial smackdowns. So Trek ships would be slightly more advanced than Wars ships, but still have less firepower due to being outnumbered and outgunned. Naturally, the Rebels ally with the Federation, the Romulans ally with the Empire, and it all goes pear-shaped from there. Or whatever.

And will it make money? Fuck, there are enough Star Wars fans in the world that they could outbuy God collectively. Sure it'll sell. Alot of big explosions in space and some lightsabers and I've totally roped the 'Blowed up real good' demographic. And all the nerds, with their letter-writing and such.
FedRebel
Jedi Master

Re: ST Vs SW: The Movie! RAR!

Post by FedRebel »

Sidewinder wrote:Assume that LucasFilm and Paramount have agreed to collaborate on a 'Star Trek Vs Star Wars' movie, YOU are the scriptwriter, and the studios have agreed to accept your script AS IS. What kind of story will it be like?
There would be two movies

The first movie would be set in the Trek "present" (post-Nemesis) and for SW it'd be set shortly before RotJ

The USS Titan (a GCS) under the command of captain Riker stumbles across a wormhole which Riker decides to investigate, on the other side a misunderstaing leads to the Titan barely escaping as the Empire becomes aware of a new Galaxy to conquer

The Enterprise would got to the wormhole to ascertain the threat level of the newly discovered galaxy, only to find an invasion beachhead.

The war is waged (via a montage, with perhaps some exposition) and then we go to the final battle, the defense of sector 001.

Janeway leads a task force of transphasic torpedo equiped ships hiding in the asteroid belt and they pounce on the Imperial fleet as it jumps out of hyperspace near Mars, the torpedoes have limited effectiveness (just to throw the Trekkie's a bone)and the Executor suffers minor damage to engine firing control. The imperial fleet then proceeds to swat the Fed task force like bugs, with Janeway's death being as gruesome as a PG-13 rating will allow.

The battle over Earth is brief but brutal as starfleet desperately makes it's last stand. With the Federation defeated, there'd be a montage showing the surrender and also some hope for the future as a number of Alpha Quadrant ships flee into to Gamma Quadrant to regroup.

At the end I'd have the Imperials looking at the situation of keeping control of these new holding as preventing the Rebels from learning of the new galaxy, Lord Vader is called away on urgent business to Endor and the Executor is ordered to go immediately to Coruscant once it's relief arrives.

The second movie (Counterstrike) is set three to five years later.

The Imperial occupation faces mounting problems with the Empire in chaos in the Imperials home Galaxy they have to try and keep the milky way from being discovered by the Rebellion and they have to prevent the conquered races from learning of the unrest.

Now the shit hitas the fan....

A vanguard of a full Borg invasion has been encountered (apparently some ship named "Voyager" had infected the collective with a distaerous virus which 'upgraded' the Federation from a race of minor interest into a clear and present danger). With the overstretched occupation forces occupied in thwarting the Borg invasion and then proceeding to eliminate the collective completely, another force sees the time is right to strike...

A massive fleet of AQ and Dominion ships is preparing to launch a full strike into the Alpha Quadrant. The plan is to liberate Bajor in order stir the quadrant to resisting the occupation then the fleet will scatter and wage a guerrilla war.

I'd try for a "grey" ending with this and I'm toying with bringing in a Palpatine clone in full wank mode facing off against the wormhole prophets
OmegaGuy
Retarded Spambot

Re: ST Vs SW: The Movie! RAR!

Post by OmegaGuy »

Sidewinder wrote:Assume that Lucasarts and Paramount have agreed to collaborate on a 'Star Trek Vs Star Wars' movie, YOU are the scriptwriter, and the studios have agreed to accept your script AS IS. What kind of story will it be like?

My idea is set in the Mirror Universe. Mirror Spock has just taken command of the Enterprise, and imprisoned Mirror Kirk in the brig. Then the Enterprise encounters a star destroyer under Vader's command (this is set shortly after 'Revenge of the Sith'). The Sith Lord captures the Enterprise and, with the Force whispering that Kirk to be important to advancing his goals, frees Kirk and imprisons Spock.

A demonstration of Imperial might leads to Kirk swearing allegiance to Vader and convincing the Sith Lord to support a coup that places Kirk on the throne of the Terran Empire, which becomes a protectorate of the Galactic Empire. Deciding that non-humans can't be trusted, Kirk decides to do some ethnic cleansing.

Decades pass (the story is now set between 'A New Hope' and 'The Empire Strikes Back'). The Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, and Cardassians who weren't sent to the gas chambers and furnaces, slaving away in dilithium mines, or used as Guinea pigs in the Terran Empire's plans to create superhumans, are now in hiding in the Badlands. The Rebel Alliance, trying to hide from the Galactic Empire's forces, run into the non-humans in hiding and decide to help them. There is a lot of tension initially between the Rebels and the Vulcans, Romulans, Klingons, and Cardassians, due to the fact that the non-humans don't trust humans (with good reason).

Include battles between the Terran Empire's genetically-engineered supersoldiers (think low-budget Space Marines) and Saavik, who's received some training from Luke and now wields a lightsaber.
Okay, but who would play Kirk?
BountyHunterSAx
Padawan Learner

Post by BountyHunterSAx »

There are - as of now - about 9 people who voted that such a movie would *not* make money...I'd very much like to know your reasoning, since even if the movie was a colossal failure in terms of public recognition, I can see no reason why it wouldn't still make money - i mean the voyager cash-cow was still milkable for God's sake.

-AHMAD
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

It'd make a shit load of money. SW and ST fanboi's would buy wet shit as long as it had the SW or ST logo on it. However to make it appealing to the non-geekoid population there would have to be major concessions given to the ST verse in order to make the movie in order to make an actual entertaining movie.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

The question is not whether this movie will make money, but whether it will set an all time record for box office gross.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

If the people manage to get as far as the movie. I foresee hordes of geeks in bathrobes beating geeks in PJ's with toy lightsabers in the lobby.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Lord Pounder wrote:If the people manage to get as far as the movie. I foresee hordes of geeks in bathrobes beating geeks in PJ's with toy lightsabers in the lobby.
The Trekkies swinging bat'leths might give the Warsies some headaches.

Anyone else have an idea for a script? Maybe Yoda training Spock to be a Jedi knight, and the Vulcan's lightsaber clashing against Jerec's?
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Ryan Thunder
Village Idiot

Post by Ryan Thunder »

Sidewinder wrote:
Lord Pounder wrote:If the people manage to get as far as the movie. I foresee hordes of geeks in bathrobes beating geeks in PJ's with toy lightsabers in the lobby.
Only if nobody decided to cosplay as an Imperial Guardsman. :lol:

Hell, a few (fan) Storm Commandos and that's taken care of. They'll have the whole place scouted out already. :P
SDN Worlds 5: Sanctum
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Sidewinder wrote:
Bat'leths are retarded weapons for ptactical use and anyone with an a titter of wit knows that a plastic lightsaber will always pummell the plastic Bat'leth user.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
BountyHunterSAx
Padawan Learner

Post by BountyHunterSAx »

Lord Pounder wrote:However to make it appealing to the non-geekoid population there would have to be major concessions given to the ST verse in order to make the movie in order to make an actual entertaining movie.
I dunno - I mean; unequivocal complete and total rapage of the ST-verse involving the destruction of several hundred ships and a few key planets (or more) at super-luminal speed using superlasers and turbolasers while transwarping borg cubes attempt to cross a deep-space wormhole would certainly capture the Die-Hard/Matrix 3/MTV crowd, what with all the fancy explosions. Lest we forget, 300 did well enough.

Still, assuming you're right, the concessions wouldn't be impossible to do. In trying to level the playing field anyway, Lucasfilms and Paramount can always get themselves off the hook by just saying this movie is not canon, or by adding the fight into some 'frame story' of sorts (Lois Kills Stewie, anyone?).

-AHMAD
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Regarding relative power-levels, I'm in favour of making ST and SW equals by mass (or was it volume?). That's the approach taken by Wong in his fanfic, Star Destroyers are 12 times stronger (IIRC) than Trek capital ships because they are 12 times larger.
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Lord Pounder wrote:
Sidewinder wrote:
Bat'leths are retarded weapons for ptactical use and anyone with an a titter of wit knows that a plastic lightsaber will always pummell the plastic Bat'leth user.
Besides, a quick thrust into the handguard will ensure many a bruised knuckle for a crazy pseudo-Klingon.

Though I would like to see them even try to make a use of that thing when blocking.
StarFighter
Redshirt

Post by StarFighter »

I would LOVE to see a Star Trek V Star Wars movie. Even more so if Trek wins.
I'm here for one reason: To prove Trek's Victory. I think That all warsies who believe Trek is doomed are people who do not speak the truth. The Krenim will come. They will come with there timeship.

And they will rid us of the warsie scum. Forever.
SilverWingedSeraph
Jedi Knight

Post by SilverWingedSeraph »

Read the motherfucking rules thread, you necromancing little fuck. :D
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
StarFighter
Redshirt

Post by StarFighter »

I thought necromancing was a thread inactive for more then a month, or no longer on the first page?
I'm here for one reason: To prove Trek's Victory. I think That all warsies who believe Trek is doomed are people who do not speak the truth. The Krenim will come. They will come with there timeship.

And they will rid us of the warsie scum. Forever.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Try more like discretion of moderator.

Plus, all you did is go +1 post Hur Hur. :roll:
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete