What if...

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

master_yoda
Rabid Monkey

Re: Just give 'em enough rope...

Post by master_yoda »

BenRG wrote:A minor suggestion: Why conquer? The Star Trek vision of the Milky Way is filled with greedy and/or stupid merchant races who would jump at the chance to get their hands on technology which, to them, was close to magic. You get the Ferengi to mass-produce ISD2s, Strikes, Interdictors, TIE Defenders, and so-on. You don't even need the blueprints, just damaged-beyond-repair versions of to reverse-engineer as examples.

You simultaneously clone up crews to get the ships on the front-lines as soon as possible. Once you have crushed the New Republic, you then turn on your Milky Way 'allies' who are just finding out about all the viruses that your slicers had put in their computer systems making it impossible for them to use the technology that they produced for you for their own benefit.

The only strategic drawback is that it leaves large amounts of SW tech in the ST galaxy for spies to steal and brilliant (and unauthorised) engineers and researchers to reverse-engineer, no matter how good your data security is.

that is why Imp admirals would totally destroy an recked ISD that they are in if they saw trouble.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

His Divine Shadow wrote:I dunno what that is but tremble before Paradise Lost!

What chapter is that at? I read up till XII or XIII.
Luke is figjting himself not to go to the dark side on the Vong
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama