More Trektardism

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

General Schatten wrote:Poe was banned from SB,
Actually, I was reinstated not too long after that. I just don't post there much.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Lord Poe wrote:
Actually, I was reinstated not too long after that. I just don't post there much.
Why did you get banned? I'm surprised mouthbreathers like Leetboi and Mith haven't been banned yet.
l33telboi
Padawan Learner

Post by l33telboi »

It seems as if my gut, as always, is correct. It's amazing how easy it is to identify SDN member on other boards these days. Though I have to say I’m more then a bit surprised this thread is still around. I guess circle-jerking is just that fun, eh?
General Schatten wrote:l33teltard has trolled here and at SB before as well, frankly he's bloody idiot. Last I saw he was still attempting to argue that a Terran Marine's rifle is an automatic railgun that fires hypersonic, 8mm, depleted uranium rounds that can kill a full fledged Space Marine.
I don't think I've even said that. For one thing, I'd never confuse coilguns with railguns like you just did. And I can't say I recall the Space Marine part either. In fact, I actually think that's something you just made up. But hey, that’s no biggie around here, is it?
Elfdart wrote:This exchange between Ender and leetboi is pure comedy gold:
I know, sometimes it's a pain to not quote out of context. But do try.

You are after all, "an adult scientist", and I'm... let's see if I can remember all this correctly... a creationist, yeah, that's one, a kiddie, mmm, that was the second thing, but what else was there...? I swear there was a third thing.

Someone, please, remind me. And feel free to use your imagination, facts, like always, are just a pesky nuisance.
A witty remark proves nothing. - Voltaire
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Elfdart wrote:The guy is a Forgotten Realms fan? :lol:

Any drow outside of Greyhawk are pure wank. It's like the difference between Jango, Boba Fett and the clones in the movies, and the M'ast'ur'ba'tion'alor'ia'ns in Traviss' books.
I wouldn't say that. I'm a fan of FR too, but the Drow don't seem terribly wanked to me. They got slaughtered pretty badly at the Battle of Mithril Hall, and the narration itself states that while they're good fighters, they know jack squat about how to fight a conflict at anything above squad level (yet another reason the U.S./Britain/Russia/Insert First World Country of Choice pisses all over them).
"Impossible! Lasers can't even harm out deflector dish! Clearly these foes are masters of illusion!' 'But sir, my console says we-' 'MASTERS OF ILLUSION! - General Schatten
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

[R_H] wrote:
Lord Poe wrote:
Why did you get banned? I'm surprised mouthbreathers like Leetboi and Mith haven't been banned yet.
IIRC, it had to do with venom spouted during the Trekmiss stuff, either that, or the Last Bastion stuff.

As for Mith, as I tell others, he's proven himself capable of rational argument most of the time, he just is a bit defensive about Trek and DnD, though that is changing, and his is slowly getting better (despite the occasional regression). It was a few months ago, but he was explaining to Ryan (Forget his SDN name, but he was the kid that came here a few weeks ago spouting off about the Timeship) as to why Star Wars crushes Trek.
"Impossible! Lasers can't even harm out deflector dish! Clearly these foes are masters of illusion!' 'But sir, my console says we-' 'MASTERS OF ILLUSION! - General Schatten
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

Aratech wrote:I wouldn't say that. I'm a fan of FR too, but the Drow don't seem terribly wanked to me. They got slaughtered pretty badly at the Battle of Mithril Hall, and the narration itself states that while they're good fighters, they know jack squat about how to fight a conflict at anything above squad level (yet another reason the U.S./Britain/Russia/Insert First World Country of Choice pisses all over them).
I know I'm showing my age when I write this and it's way off topic, but fuck it:

I can remember when the dark elves were powerful heavies in the Greyhawk campaign. Nothing more, nothing less -just as the late great Gary Gygax wrote them. They had a city under the Hellfurnace Mountains, but they weren't the only inhabitants and arguably weren't even the most powerful creatures of the Underworld. But Gygax was shoved out by TSR's new owner and his creations (especially the drow) were bastardized and pillaged worse than the MGM film library in the late 1980s. But it got worse...

...along came R.A. Salvatore with his Extra-Emo Elric clone, and you have some of the most masturbatory crap in the history of sci-fi/fantasy. It's Traviss' boner'oa multiplied by post-OT Klingons, with a hefty dose of emo thrown in for good measure and Jesus Christ Almighty does it suck!
white_rabbit
Jedi Council Member

Post by white_rabbit »

Its amazing how often people miss the little line underneath the big "STARDESTROYER.NET" banner.
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Aratech wrote:IIRC, it had to do with venom spouted during the Trekmiss stuff, either that, or the Last Bastion stuff.
It was about Trekmiss. Darkstar got his panties in a twist about it, and tried to make a shitty Star Wars version. He started a flamewar, and was banned. Out of "fairness", I was banned too, but mine was temporary.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

l33telboi wrote:
Elfdart wrote:This exchange between Ender and leetboi is pure comedy gold:
I know, sometimes it's a pain to not quote out of context. But do try.
The rest of your maundering is irrelevant. You posted a link to something as evidence, yet you admit you hadn't read it. You're like a retarded Metavac.
You are after all, "an adult scientist", and I'm... let's see if I can remember all this correctly... a creationist, yeah, that's one, a kiddie, mmm, that was the second thing, but what else was there...? I swear there was a third thing.
Oh blow it out your ass, I made no such claim.
Someone, please, remind me. And feel free to use your imagination, facts, like always, are just a pesky nuisance.
Trying to explain why you avoid facts? A simpler explanation is that you're a mendacious little douchecock.
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Elfdart wrote:
I know I'm showing my age when I write this and it's way off topic, but fuck it:
With age often comes wisdom, so don't worry about it.
:wink:

Interesting information. Know where I can find more? FR is about the only DND realm I'm familiar with besides Krynn/Dragonlance.
Darth Hoth
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Hoth »

Aratech wrote:
Elfdart wrote:

Interesting information. Know where I can find more? FR is about the only DND realm I'm familiar with besides Krynn/Dragonlance.
Is Greyhawk not the standard D&D world, nowadays?
"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books."

-George "Evil" Lucas
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

l33telboi wrote:It seems as if my gut, as always, is correct. It's amazing how easy it is to identify SDN member on other boards these days.
Yep, because we're often the only people who are not retarded. ;)
l33telboi wrote:Though I have to say I’m more then a bit surprised this thread is still around. I guess circle-jerking is just that fun, eh?
It's gotta be more fun than just watching the circle-jerk! ;)
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Wyrm wrote:
l33telboi wrote:It seems as if my gut, as always, is correct. It's amazing how easy it is to identify SDN member on other boards these days.
Yep, because we're often the only people who are not retarded. ;)
It also, more than likely, has something to do with the fact that we don't change our user IDs from board to board. At least, that's what I've noticed.
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Darth Hoth wrote:
Aratech wrote:
Elfdart wrote:

The only games I've ever played were set in Faerun, or in a completely made up world (which has its own advantages).
Elfdart
The Anti-Shep

Post by Elfdart »

The first books to feature the drow were the G-series, written by Gygax (released in 1978, IIRC). The G and D-series were the first published modules for D&D. At the end, it turns out that a drow noble house led by Eclavdra is behind the giants' attacks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Against_the_Giants

There are several reviews of the G and D-series (where the PCs go underground to take on Eclavdra and her followers) over at www.dragonsfoot.org

Link

Link
Coiler
Jedi Knight

Post by Coiler »

l33telboi wrote:snip
l33t, you have just conclusively proven yourself a hypocrite.

On SFJ, you said:

I on the other hand think that if you really want a good debate, then removing flames is a step in the right direction.
Original source here:

http://starf leetjedi.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9164&highlight=flaming#9164

And yet, in your post, you made attacks on SDN:
I guess circle-jerking is just that fun, eh?
In fact, I actually think that's something you just made up. But hey, that’s no biggie around here, is it?
You have stated that you don't like flames in a good debate, yet you have made snide, inflammatory comments.
Visitor of five museum ships.
Wyrm
Jedi Council Member

Post by Wyrm »

Aratech wrote:
Wyrm wrote:Yep, because we're often the only people who are not retarded. ;)
It also, more than likely, has something to do with the fact that we don't change our user IDs from board to board. At least, that's what I've noticed.
I like my explanation better.
Darth Wong on Strollers vs. Assholes: "There were days when I wished that my stroller had weapons on it."
wilfulton on Bible genetics: "If two screaming lunatics copulate in front of another screaming lunatic, the result will be yet another screaming lunatic. 8)"
SirNitram: "The nation of France is a theory, not a fact. It should therefore be approached with an open mind, and critically debated and considered."

Cornivore! | BAN-WATCH CANE: XVII | WWJDFAKB? - What Would Jesus Do... For a Klondike Bar? | Evil Bayesian Conspiracy
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Wyrm wrote:
Aratech wrote:
Wyrm wrote:Yep, because we're often the only people who are not retarded. ;)
The two aren't mutually exclusive you know. :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Not that I don't like your explanation better, too. :wink:
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Batman wrote:
Wyrm wrote:
Aratech wrote: It also, more than likely, has something to do with the fact that we don't change our user IDs from board to board. At least, that's what I've noticed.
The two aren't mutually exclusive you know. :D
Exactly. After all, if one speaks the truth, why should one be afraid to hide behind a different ID?
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

Darth Hoth wrote:
Aratech wrote:
Elfdart wrote:

No, they switched over to Eberron a couple years ago, IIRC.
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

l33telboi wrote:I don't think I've even said that. For one thing, I'd never confuse coilguns with railguns like you just did. And I can't say I recall the Space Marine part either. In fact, I actually think that's something you just made up. But hey, that’s no biggie around here, is it?
l33teltard, I don't care, I said, 'I think the last time', which means I wasn't too sure, if you had any reading comprehension skills whatsoever you'd know this; nor do I have the motivation to go check. On that vein I don't fucking care what they are, unlike you I'm not a big fan of Warhammer 40k-lite... I mean Starcraft. :roll:
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

General Schatten wrote:No, they switched over to Eberron a couple years ago, IIRC.
The D&D 3.5Edition setting is still Greyhawk, I think. It's definitely not Eberron, though; Warforged aren't in the core books. I don't think 4th Edition is Greyhawk anymore, since they're changing so much, but again, Eberron doesn't seem to be the core setting. The previews don't associate Halflings with dinosaurs and Warforged are still out of the core.
Aratech
Jedi Knight

Post by Aratech »

Yet more Trektardism...

http://forum.spacebattles.com/showthrea ... ost3612730

Man, what is it with the Halo/Star Trek threads these days? Are people trying to work themselves down the chain of sci-fi until they find something that Trek can reliably beat?
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

There's always movie Starship Troopers...