SD.net SSD

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

commander owen
Redshirt

Post by commander owen »

i personaly don't think an SSD has the plans for any other starwars super-weapons other than itself. your better off building some other random trekie style super-weapon like unto the Space battles version.

and to take care of the no post ssds, all no post captians will be zombies, with one thing in mind... destroy all pleasure planets, with the first target for ten of them as risa.

and how many of you have posted in the Space battles version anyways?
if the covies were mormon
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

And by the way, if we follow the SB ROB settings...it means that banned members are active in ST galaxy.

Yes, there will be people like Darkstat which I keep hearing about. Guess it is only a matter of time before SD.net form a hunting party.
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Post by Oni Koneko Damien »

Playing off a few stereotypes, here are few observations I couldn't help but make:

I have a mental image of Einy's ship/fleet, painted a uniform bright pink, using turbolasers to carve through uninhabited planets' crusts, letters thousands of kilometers long, spelling out 'LOL'.

I can also see Shep appearing in the universe, going from inhabited planet to inhabited planet, doing a thorough BDZ and masturbating furiously as he watches the turbolasers go off.

But back to something more serious (or as serious as a thread like this can possibly get)...

From what most people are posting, I'd be able to make a crude guesstimate for the actions of the board at large.

1) I'd first order my loyal crew to give me a quick and dirty course in how to safely survive a hyperspace jump, then order them to jump out beyond the rim of the galaxy.

2) From the posts here, I'd assume that a majority of the more 'reasonable' members (ie: Those who don't have genocidal masturbatory fantasies and actually have some small respect for life) will also be camping out on the rim to avoid the massive slaughter going on inside the galaxy as several thousand sociopaths suddenly find themselves in control of world-destroying power with little to no consequences.

3) I'd make contact with as many members out here as possible, offering a mutual-protection treaty on the basis that unlike most of those remaining in-galaxy, neither of us are violent mass-murderers, and an alliance of reasonable people simply watching each others' backs will be massively safer and more secure than everyone trying to go it alone.

4) During this time, my loyal crew would also be instructing me on as many of the finer workings, logistics, capabilities and supply-needs of my ship as I can reasonably learn in the time I have. Likewise I would demand all possible information from the ships databanks (and also a basic education on how to search/operate the databanks myself) regarding tips from other captains on how to effectively run the ship as well as how to effectively coordinate larger numbers of ISDs together.

5) Of the sociopaths remaining in galaxy, it's presumable that a large number of them will be aiming over a limited number of ST powers (Borg, Feds, Klingons, etc). This means large numbers of ISDs converging on limited, individual targets. Taking out those idiots that hyperspace themselves into stars or otherwise kill themselves in entertaining ways, that means that there's going to be some debate on who actually gets the honour of BDZing the few planets they've all converged on.

6) Since we're dealing with a large number of immature sociopaths here, debate will likely quickly degrade into fire, and a vast majority of them will take each other out over the stupidest possible reasons. I'd bet that within a few hours, days at most, 90% of the trigger-happy morons of the board will have destroyed themselves.

7) I'd spend a week at least, preferably a month, coordinating with those I've met on the galactic rim, doing small hyperspace jumps with the goal of eventually circumnavigating the entire galaxy to make contact with as many 'reasonables' as possible, also directing them to an agreed location to mass our forces. Within the week/month, most, if not all should be contacted and those that are willing to join up should be heading towards our pre-agreed meeting point.

8) If it hasn't already been done, the main leadership power would be handed to the member who can show/has proven to be the best at fleet organization and direction. Any relevent databank knowledge would also be transferred to his/her computers and made available for perusal. They would be in charge of the next moves.

9) If I were in charge (very unlikely, but what the hey?) I'd suggest moving in as a group, taking over a few resource-rich systems, enough to hopefully sustain the fleet and still provide room for advancement, and setting up base with the intention of creating habitable worlds/orbital platforms and a reliable supply/food/fuel chain as well as eventually contructing repair-docks and the like.

10) Any of the immature sociopaths that we run into would likely be alone, likely damaged (though possibly not). Cooperation, rationality and teamwork aren't exactly their strongest points. They would be given two options: Bugger off and never enter this sector of space again, or be attacked with the combined might of our fleet, have their engines disabled, their ships flooded with nerve gas, as many of their crew killed as necessary to safely go in and commandeer their ship, and themselves arrested and sentenced to spend the rest of their lives in cells with others like them, able to speak, but unable to harm each other, for their crimes of genocide against sentient species.

11) From there? Who knows?
Gaian Paradigm: Because not all fantasy has to be childish crap.
Ephemeral Pie: Because not all role-playing has to be shallow.
My art: Because not all DA users are talentless emo twits.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:Playing off a few stereotypes, here are few observations I couldn't help but make:

I have a mental image of Einy's ship/fleet, painted a uniform bright pink, using turbolasers to carve through uninhabited planets' crusts, letters thousands of kilometers long, spelling out 'LOL'.

I can also see Shep appearing in the universe, going from inhabited planet to inhabited planet, doing a thorough BDZ and masturbating furiously as he watches the turbolasers go off.
You notice that Shep is beign very specific in saying that he would not commence a killing spree upon arival? Give the man credit.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Lonestar wrote:You notice that Shep is beign very specific in saying that he would not commence a killing spree upon arival? Give the man credit.
That's why I specifically said "Playing off a few stereotypes", stereotypes not exactly being the absolute truth on the matter. And hell, you can take it in stride, right Shep?

No! Don't push the big red button, Shep.
"Phant, quit abusing the He-Wench before he turns you into a caged bitch at a Ren Fair and lets the tourists toss half munched turkey legs at your backside." -Mr. Coffee
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

I stated I was going after the borg then the dominion because I felt that they were the biggest threats. Eventually I am going to have to deal with the Borg so i figure better to get it out of the way quickly. If the Borg can adapt to turbolasers then its best to take them out before they have a chance to. After that I can camp out on some pretty world and give my crew some major r&r. Too bad somebody else has Risa on his hit list.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

do the EXs carry equipment for the repairs of other ships, what about assault forces, tie loadout, etc.?
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Oni Koneko Damien
Sith Marauder

Isolder74 wrote:I stated I was going after the borg then the dominion because I felt that they were the biggest threats. Eventually I am going to have to deal with the Borg so i figure better to get it out of the way quickly. If the Borg can adapt to turbolasers then its best to take them out before they have a chance to. After that I can camp out on some pretty world and give my crew some major r&r. Too bad somebody else has Risa on his hit list.
The only problem is the ridiculous superiority of an ISD's armor and weapons makes calling the Dominion and Borg a 'threat' like a division of Panzers with full logistical support calling the colonial era Navajo and Apache tribes a 'threat'.
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

Oni Koneko Damien wrote:
Isolder74 wrote:I stated I was going after the borg then the dominion because I felt that they were the biggest threats. Eventually I am going to have to deal with the Borg so i figure better to get it out of the way quickly. If the Borg can adapt to turbolasers then its best to take them out before they have a chance to. After that I can camp out on some pretty world and give my crew some major r&r. Too bad somebody else has Risa on his hit list.
The only problem is the ridiculous superiority of an ISD's armor and weapons makes calling the Dominion and Borg a 'threat' like a division of Panzers with full logistical support calling the colonial era Navajo and Apache tribes a 'threat'.
So much the better I will get it over with quicker. If I can I'll find the simulation planet from TOS for vacation afterwards. The Borg are just asking to be wiped out and turned into spare parts for my ship. A few garrisson basses on a borg world to set up mining should be enough.
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

The biggest threat will be the irrational members in groups who wanted to transform the ST galaxy into the IoM or something like that.

Sure, most of the trigger happy people will work alone, but there are people who are WILLING to work together to form a joint empire or something like that.

Look at SB.com who is rather trigger Happy yet being able to form DIFFERENT groups to take out each other.

Other than that, there will be BANNED members who are pro-ST and will do something to protect the federation and its allies.
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Form an alliance with other 'Reasonables' for the defense and reformation of the sentient natives of the Milky Way under our enlightened rule. If anyone starts to get aggressive, he's given his own vassalage to rule over solely, so we aren't split by arguments over economics or junk.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Now I feel a bit silly for assuming that everyone would be alone with my first response.

Ah well, I'd have Borg marionettes and assembly lines.
(name here)
Youngling

Post by (name here) »

I think I'd also get a copy of MSDOS, for two reasons.

1. entertainment
2. I'd try to get the borg to use it as a control system, so I'd have a way to destroy them instantly if they did something I didn't like.

Actually, I think installing a command line operating system is a requirement for controlling the borg safely, as it grants you the ability to destroy them, and may be what allows you to control them in the first place.
drachefly
Jedi Master

Post by drachefly »

Why are the 0-post-count-ers zombies? I figure that if we're stuck there, they're stuck there too, just as much. You're a member or you're not. They're there or they aren't there, and neither is their ship.

I expect, once honestly in this situation, that most people who say dumbass gung-ho shit like blow up planets would in fact not really want to do so. Even on the personal vendetta level. I've been beaten on in my time here, but there's no one I'd want to do in.

So, I'd suggest to everyone who can hear that we split up and patrol the likely targets of the few genocidal folk out there, for whom the reality of the situation has not struck home, and beat it into them.
I, and those I convince, would protect the Klingons, the Cardassians, the Vulcans, Betazeds, Risians, etc.
The Borg would be problematic. We'd hash something out.

Who stands with me?
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

drachefly wrote:Why are the 0-post-count-ers zombies? I figure that if we're stuck there, they're stuck there too, just as much. You're a member or you're not. They're there or they aren't there, and neither is their ship.

I expect, once honestly in this situation, that most people who say dumbass gung-ho shit like blow up planets would in fact not really want to do so. Even on the personal vendetta level. I've been beaten on in my time here, but there's no one I'd want to do in.

So, I'd suggest to everyone who can hear that we split up and patrol the likely targets of the few genocidal folk out there, for whom the reality of the situation has not struck home, and beat it into them.
I, and those I convince, would protect the Klingons, the Cardassians, the Vulcans, Betazeds, Risians, etc.
The Borg would be problematic. We'd hash something out.

Who stands with me?
I'd only really be interested in stomping out the Borg, as they're too much of a threat (to the rest of the galaxy). Once the other native powers see how you fucked up their shit so easily they'll happily agree with whatever you might want to propose after offering them your "protection". :twisted:
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
Darth Smiley
Padawan Learner

Post by Darth Smiley »

Hmmm...this is an interesting scenario.

The question is, what do I value?

If I value my own survival, I head to the outer rim, begin securing a powerbase, and ally with others. This of course includes the training, world devistators, replicator factories for spare parts (world devestator + replicator tech = ?uber devestator?), training, etc, etc. Others have commented enough on how to do this.

If I value sentient life, I think the best place to go would be Earth. This is NOT because I think humans should take precedence, but because there is a reasonable chance that other who also value life would show up. It is also because the Federation HQ is there, and I could get warnings out better from there, plus intel. Hopefully the sane ones show up in time to stop the genocidal maniacs, get together, and take up areas of patrol and responsability for maximum protection of sentient life. I would also try and have the Federation get the word out on the sociopath threat, and get evacuting prime targets. In the short term after that, I dump most of my stormtroopers and nonessential personal on Earth (get them doing something useful, like teaching the Feddies tactics, and getting thier tech base up to spec) then get rescueing from likely targets. I can't evacuate whole planets...but I can rescue smaller installations, and at least help larger ones. In the long term, intitute a Galactic UNish organization to protect sentient rights and stop wars (of course, unlike our current UN, this one has access to SSDs).

If I value power...my response is suprisingly similar to the 'survival' response. The main difference is that I focus my personal attention much more on how the others are doing, and perhaps intervene at opportune moments, or attack opponents who show too much potential (ie have accumulated a significant industry) before they become an issue. In the long run, it would depend on how everyone else did, and how much of the galaxy I am 'content' to rule.

If I value knowledge, I could hole up, get my survival secure, steal some life elongation treatments, then spend the rest of eternity learning about everything. I'd probably turn my SSD into a roving university, going everywhere to learn, and to teach. I'd also get working on setting up a Galactic Internet. Thats just one of those things that should have been done a while ago.

If I decide to go for pleasure...no comment. Others have said more than enough.

The priorities for me would be sentient life, my own survival, and knowledge, in that order.
The enemy's gate is down - Ender Wiggin
drachefly
Jedi Master

Post by drachefly »

The prime targets are non-evacuatable, being homes to billions. Even if you convert several SSD's into rapid-haul passenger liners, it's not going to be fast enough to handle the asshats.

One main issue on defending these places would be getting them planetary shields adequate that a battle is even effective and they can't shoot around whatever defenders there are.

What does an SSD carry in that department?
Isolder74

Post by Isolder74 »

I think that it does. They carry garrison bases I'd imagine they have no problen carrying an entire planetary defense package
Invictus ChiKen
Jedi Council Member

Post by Invictus ChiKen »

First off befriend Q if possible. If it works I may, just MAY have access to some major support. Maybe he'll give me a support fleet to go with my SSD if I suck up just right.

If this happens I'll just let everyone else do the fighting then I'll attack. Failing this, maybe I'll head to Ferenginar, take over there world, Bajor, Riza and some parts of the Romulan Star Empire and set up a trading Empire. Informing everyone I'm not interested in conquest I just want my own little slice of tuif to myself.

I'm not familiar with the layout so this may not be doable unless there all very close to each other. Failing this I take the Romulan Star Empire.

Ships flying all over caring Romulan Ale and other goodies.

Let others have the power... I'll take the profit ^.^

If all else is loss I leave the Galaxy and start over somewhere else! If this is not doable I find Mess and turn offer myself in there service.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

Asking for help from Q for surport is like relying on a song contest show to kick start your singing career. It's just not worth it.
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

PS: This is going to make me ound so stupid but what are HAB and the Mess?
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Bluewolf wrote:PS: This is going to make me ound so stupid but what are HAB and the Mess?
HAB = Heavy Armor Brigade. IIRC, it's a usergroup dedicated to all things that go boom, from guns to mecha.

The Mess is another usergroup. Membership requirement is to be a member of the military.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the gist of it, Bluewolf.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

I looked it up...I might have been wrong on the mecha part when I was describing HAB:
Formed to discuss armoured vehicles in real life and their counterparts in science fiction. Destruction of childish mecha fanboy claims of feasibility or superiority is an ongoing mission.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Mario1470 wrote:HAB = Heavy Armor Brigade. IIRC, it's a usergroup dedicated to all things that go boom, from guns to mecha.

The Mess is another usergroup. Membership requirement is to be a member of the military.
as far as I know HAB hates Mechas with passion and to be a member of the the mess one must be either current or ex member of military (I'm an ex-military myself having done my bit for king and country)
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Bluewolf
Dishonest Fucktard

Post by Bluewolf »

I see. Thank you for the explanation.