SD.net SSD

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

AK-047 wrote:
havokeff wrote:
AK-047 wrote:Bargaining for food is going to be slightly more difficult in an Executor rather than an Eclipse.
Why is that exactly?

Any way, I suspect that we would all just carve out a small spot in the galaxy and call it our own. Some of the more crabby members might try to take others out, but over all I think the general opinion would be to consolidate power and conqure the UNIVERSE!!
I just thought that not being able to slag a world in a second would give the opposition a false sense of hope, along with some defiance. But I agree that finding somewhere uninhabited to set roots would be a good idea.
Just aim for a section of populated countryside and fire a turbolaser blast at it. They'll back down soon enough.
TithonusSyndrome
Sith Devotee

Post by TithonusSyndrome »

rhoenix wrote:4. I'd encourage my crew to fraternize. Often. Moar baebies = good, considering I'll need more personnel.
Who says we even get a crew? I think it'd be funnier to watch us all squirm and struggle all over the bridges of our respective SSDs. :lol:
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

TithonusSyndrome wrote:Who says we even get a crew? I think it'd be funnier to watch us all squirm and struggle all over the bridges of our respective SSDs. :lol:
The OP says we get a full crew.
commander owen wrote:Q recently got very very very bored. So he transported all SD member to the Trek Galaxy. Each member recieves a personal Executor Class Super Star Destroyer. Its fully manned and everyone on there is fully loyal to you and only you. You have only 1 year supply of food.
Relevant part bolded.
Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

If I'm dumped in the Star Trek universe with an SSD and a full loyal crew, step one is genocide on a scale never before imagined. The Klingons - gone; the Romulans - eliminated; the Cardassians - ass raped by TIE fighters and then killed. If I feel like it I might go after the Borg, but that would probably take too long and I'd rather not bother.

Once all of the Federation's nastier neighbors are eliminated, I destroy the Federation government and install puppet rulers. If that means I have to destroy Earth, so be it. I'd pretty much leave humanity and the Federation alone as long as they kept me well supplied with Saurian Ale and Orion slave girls. If I were feeling ambitious, I might try to establish a lasting legacy of Imperial government, but I'd rather just be left alone by the billions of pussies in the Federation.

All of this assumes that all the other SDNet folks in their SSD's don't decide to interfere and do something stupidly noble, like defend Romulus because of some moronic Starfleet code.
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

You know... I think a much more INTERESTING Set up would be the Whole of SD.Net on ONE SSD.

That could be fun!
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Revan's Fire
Youngling

Post by Revan's Fire »

There's only one thing I want to do. I'd declare war on the Klingons, and engage them one-on-one. During each battle, I'd drop my shields, hoping that they could transport through the hull, and besides a skeleton crew and gunners and the like, give everyone an E-11. I would then proceed to watch with much amusement as the Klingons boarded, dropped disruptors and drew whatever ludicrous weapons they're using nowadays. The carnage would be transmitted to my fellow SDNers around the galaxy, if they wanted to watch it.
"If there's one thing I hate, it's voluptuous whores!"

"I am Advanced Recon Commando A-17, Republic Army, under the command of General Obi-Wan Kenobi. That is all I am authorized to reveal."-Clone Wars Volume 5, Dark Horse Comics
AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:You know... I think a much more INTERESTING Set up would be the Whole of SD.Net on ONE SSD.

That could be fun!
You may be onto something there.
In memory of Halogen: 2003-2006
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Assuming we would still have a fully crewed ship, it woul be interesting to have the various SD.Net memebrs filter into positions of either leadership or maybe something simpler. Wong naturally would be Captain, and Im sure The Mess could be in charge of the Storm Troopers.
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

Perhaps we wont need to be in an SSD. If we counted every SD.net member, we could barely even crew a Imperial II. a Victory I would work perfectly if everyone had a job.
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

AK-047 wrote:Perhaps we wont need to be in an SSD. If we counted every SD.net member, we could barely even crew a Imperial II. a Victory I would work perfectly if everyone had a job.
Yes ,but as a whole we know NOTHING about crewing a ship thousands and thousands o years beyond us, we would all have to get magic Q knowledge of jobs...
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Honestly, I would carve out an empire for myself from what used to be the Klingon Empire (I figure putting every klingon who does not submit into camps and then importing foreign workers if necessarily will inform everyone that I am not to be fucked with) I would then proceed to set up a manufacturing base. Using ST replicator technology I will mass produce droids that will take over high-responsibility positions within my new empire (need to keep the locals away from anything sensitive for a while)

Once I have a small fleet. Expand. lather. Rinse. Repeat. Probably form non-aggression pacts with fellow Denizens as the need arises. There is plenty of territory no?
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

I have a question, if our crew reproduces, are the offspring equally loyal to us? Or is it just the crew that we start out with?

Either way, I would try to make friends with the other members of this board, seeing as how as soon as we get there, each of us is already a superpower.

I would assume that some people would make alliances, so I would try to join one of those.

If that fails, conquer a world somewhere and start building ships and armies.

Are there females on SSDs? That would be fun.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Darth Ruinus wrote:Are there females on SSDs? That would be fun.
Good grief, I hope so. That would ruin more than one plan of mine otherwise.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Darth Ruinus wrote:I have a question, if our crew reproduces, are the offspring equally loyal to us? Or is it just the crew that we start out with?
I imagine that's down to this thing we call 'politics'. :)
Revan's Fire
Youngling

Post by Revan's Fire »

Stark wrote:
Darth Ruinus wrote:I have a question, if our crew reproduces, are the offspring equally loyal to us? Or is it just the crew that we start out with?
Really? Politics be damned, I'm sure on your ship, the babies will be born crying "All hail Captain Stark!"

"I am Advanced Recon Commando A-17, Republic Army, under the command of General Obi-Wan Kenobi. That is all I am authorized to reveal."-Clone Wars Volume 5, Dark Horse Comics
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Revan's Fire wrote:
Stark wrote:
Really? Politics be damned, I'm sure on your ship, the babies will be born crying "All hail Captain Stark!"
AHEM! That is "Grand Admiral Stark" and that SSD wouldn't like ANYTHING. :wink:

Question about the ST galaxy. How much of it is unexplored/unknown? Are we sure there isn't anything out there that would put a damper on "Havok Day"?
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

havokeff wrote:Question about the ST galaxy. How much of it is unexplored/unknown? Are we sure there isn't anything out there that would put a damper on "Havok Day"?
Well, there are quite a few "Gods" hanging about, and isolationist, one-shot civilizations capable of throwing around Federation starships like linkin-logs. And then there's the Q Continuum, but there's no way of knowing what they would do if you went rampaging through. I don't think that there's much in the ST universe between the Borg and easily-avoided "super entities", though. Just send a few probots or scout ships towards any unexplored planet you want to "visit" before you show up in style, and you should be fine. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Revan's Fire
Youngling

Post by Revan's Fire »

havokeff wrote:Question about the ST galaxy. How much of it is unexplored/unknown? Are we sure there isn't anything out there that would put a damper on "Havok Day"?
According to the TNG Episode "Where None Have Gone Before" Kosinski says, "In three centuries of space flight, we have charted just eleven percent of our galaxy." That's just the Federation, I think, but that leads positively oodles of galaxy just waiting to be conquered....I mean, 'explored'. But As Noble Ire says, probe droids should give you a heads up for anything too terrible.

AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

From what I know, most of the ST Milky Way Galaxy isn't controlled by any major interstellar organization. There will obviously be free alliances around, but if Voyager could handle them, SSDs wont even take notice. Maybe lure the Borg to those prominently powerful civilizations while we hold our own society in the galactic core.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

First thing, go somewhere and map the FUCK out of the ST galaxy. including locations of forces for all major military powers, including and especially, The Borg.

Then, I gather as many members of HAB, Testing, and the chat together, and get an alliance together, under the promise of an SDN hegemony on the ST galaxy.

Begin a lighting-quick campaign to cut through the Borg territory to prevent them from ever being able to threaten anybody again. Even if it means the total annihilation and extiction of them in the proccess.

Following the Campaign, I would announce an open-space policy for the Galaxy. Your space is open to us, period. SD.Net Dreadnaughts can go whereever they want, whenever they want. Any and all large scale wars will result in the complete and utter annihilation of the party we think is involved.

And in this way, the ST Milky Way will have peace.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Is there anything stopping me cruising around co-opting the ships from inactive members? After all, they'll be fully equipped and crewed, so they should be open to negotiation.

If I don't get them, someone else will, and given the emotional age of most people on this board I want enough of a force superiority to not be destroyed by the likely bouts of utter chaos that ensue.

Hey, the idea that the Borg would take more than a single Executor to defeat is a neat one. I guess it's just an excuse for a camping holiday, but still. :)
Pint0 Xtreme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Pint0 Xtreme »

Stark wrote:If I don't get them, someone else will, and given the emotional age of most people on this board I want enough of a force superiority to not be destroyed by the likely bouts of utter chaos that ensue.
Yeah. It looks like there may be have a number of posters who have personal vendettas all whom would like nothing better than to see you in ruin. Hell, I might just slip in during a fight and fire a couple extra salvos at your ship by mistake. Oops! :lol:
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

Do the EX's have on board factory's for repairs? I'd assume as the nexus of sector fleets they would be equipped to refuel and repair other ships. if so we should start slowly producing ImpstarII's after finding suitable raw materials. you cant have a fleet comprising of just dreadnoughts now can you? :D
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Lord Relvenous
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord Relvenous »

I would probably contact some other members of similiar temperment, consolidate, defend, establish, then expand, and unite to protect us from rabid roaming crazies. Seeing as how i'm quite young, know hardly anything about the Star Trek universe, and i have a good head for tactics, but not really strategy, i might just sign on under the command of a more capable strategist as a second in command and fight for his glory, recieving benefits under his command. Best not to overextend myself, and bide my time until i am ready for my own Empire.
Coyote: Warm it in the microwave first to avoid that 'necrophelia' effect.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:You know... I think a much more INTERESTING Set up would be the Whole of SD.Net on ONE SSD.

That could be fun!
That tends to run into the usual problem of "Why the fuck should I listen to so-and-so?" that crops up in these threads. With the added complication of who will command the loyalty of the crew? Determined by whoever manages to be more popular? Q appointing someone? And what would be to stop someone higher on the chain from simply using his authority to have the stormtroopers imprison anyone he or she doesn't like?

At least with the "SDNet in the Middle Ages" thread people had the option to say "Fuck you all, I'm out" and go off to try their luck solo. That is not an option on a military warship in deep space, with a full crew of Navy, Army, and Stormtrooper personnel who are either 100% loyal to somebody, or are wondering where the fuck these 3000 civilians came from and just as likely to space the lot of us. That would definately cause quite a bit of tension amongst the lot of us, and frankly anyone who isn't liked by those in charge are going to be walking on eggshells, to say the least.

In the original scenario we all start out on more-or-less equal footing, though I could definately see in-fighting between the members nonetheless.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight