SD.net SSD

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

AK-047 wrote:Wait a sec. Are our SSDs branded with our names or something? Cuz anyone who has never seen these things before wont be able to tell who is commanding which ship. It would be kind of difficult to go kill someone if every SSD was the same on the outside.
It's not like we couldn't hail an approaching vessel and ask who's aboard it to identify themselves.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

General Zod wrote:
AK-047 wrote:Wait a sec. Are our SSDs branded with our names or something? Cuz anyone who has never seen these things before wont be able to tell who is commanding which ship. It would be kind of difficult to go kill someone if every SSD was the same on the outside.
It's not like we couldn't hail an approaching vessel and ask who's aboard it to identify themselves.
I'll just zoom off if somone tries to hail me. Especially if there are several someones in the same area.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

It might be a good idea, after grabbing some inactive ships, to go hide somewhere nobody will go (ie, beta quadrant somewhere, away from all the big landmarks) and wait a week or so. By then it's likely more than 50% of the ships will be destroyed, and your small intact group will be more powerful, hopefully powerful enough to avoid any confrontations.

Then try and find some no-name beta quadrant guys nobody has ever heard of and get some industry going, and be ready to cut and run if anyone shows up. It's all about security, and staying off the radar as long as possible (and getting the biggest pile of ships possible) is a good idea. Sending a few thousand probe droids off to intercept FTL communications so you can see who's alive and who's dead would be useful too.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Stark wrote:It might be a good idea, after grabbing some inactive ships, to go hide somewhere nobody will go (ie, beta quadrant somewhere, away from all the big landmarks) and wait a week or so. By then it's likely more than 50% of the ships will be destroyed, and your small intact group will be more powerful, hopefully powerful enough to avoid any confrontations.

Then try and find some no-name beta quadrant guys nobody has ever heard of and get some industry going, and be ready to cut and run if anyone shows up. It's all about security, and staying off the radar as long as possible (and getting the biggest pile of ships possible) is a good idea. Sending a few thousand probe droids off to intercept FTL communications so you can see who's alive and who's dead would be useful too.
You make it sound as though everyone on this board is hell-bent on killing one another. Undoubtedly, there are probably a few sociopaths lurking about who would do just that, and those so socially inept that a such a sudden infusion of power would send them into a flight of madness, but I doubt that we'd end up killing off half of our population in the first few weeks.

Then again, considering the number of people whose first thought in regards to this situation was "slaughter [insert ST species] down to the last child out of spite!", perhaps I'm being too optimistic...
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Is there a audience stand where one can go watch all this happen?

It might make for good popcorn candy.

Of course, opportunism is abound. :lol:
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Noble Ire wrote:You make it sound as though everyone on this board is hell-bent on killing one another. Undoubtedly, there are probably a few sociopaths lurking about who would do just that, and those so socially inept that a such a sudden infusion of power would send them into a flight of madness, but I doubt that we'd end up killing off half of our population in the first few weeks.

Then again, considering the number of people whose first thought in regards to this situation was "slaughter [insert ST species] down to the last child out of spite!", perhaps I'm being too optimistic...
Give kids guns and the knowledge they won't be punished unless they lose, and see what happens. I'm not taking my chances with fake internet people and their theoretical ability to not kill me. :)
RThurmont
Jedi Master
Location: Desperately trying to find a local restaurant that serves foie gras.

Post by RThurmont »

My first course of action would be to track down the Voyager somewhere in the Delta quadrant, and see how few TIE fighters could be used to destroy it (I reckon a single Tie/In with a skilled pilot could take it out without difficulty).

Once that process is complete, I would commit genocide against the Borg, and then hunt down and enslave the crew of the Enterprise E (assuming we're in the 24th century).

Another interesting avenue would be exploring time travel to the 23rd century, in order to join forces with Captain Kirk, kick some random ass, and have sex with hot alien chicks.

Other fun diversions could be attempting to destroy the Klingon empire with the use of TIE fighters only (probably possible) and seeing how few Stormtroopers it would take to conquer Earth.
"Here's a nickel, kid. Get yourself a better computer."
Zwinmar
Jedi Master

Post by Zwinmar »

Rofl sounds like a gladiator match there RT. I can see it out

In the blue corner, weighing in at 240 lbs, Xeta 04

And in the red corner, weighing in at 300 lbs is Martok.

Alright boys, make sure its a clean fight, no shots below the belt....

DING DING
Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

You know, considering the multiply amount of posters i nthis thread who all seem to want to:

"Invade/attack Earth
"Invade/attack Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians,
"Attack/Destroy all of Borg

I think I am going to take the route of what was suggested earlier and just Jump Outside of the Galaxy and away from all you Yahoos. I'm willing to be in a week or so many of you will Glass a ton of planets just out of learning how your new 'toys' work.

A great deal of the more immatrue members will no doubt have thier own ships blasted in petty vendatatas against some one. I forsee a great deal of titanic battles between many many Executor Stardreadnaughts. Many of which shall leave them burnning haulks.

With this in mind I think I will be focusing my time and resources on getting as large a "World Devastator" up and running as possible. Once the more dangerous and unpredictable members have been captured/destroyed/lost, there will be billions of metric tons worth of Starship waiting t be slavaged. Depdning on how much the Galaxy has calmed down in a few weeks, I come in and set up a Galactic salavage operation. Converting all the Destroyed Executors into new starships .

I think I would seek out other members like Dark Flame who so far seem the most level headed. Past Trek shows us there are inumerable amount of "One off" planets full of Human like aliens that would make good subjects under a benvolant dictator.

A single Executor is so large and so massive that Im sure I could comfortable live out my life abored one (surrounded by totally obdiant crewmembers I might add) that I should never have to leave my ship.

One other thing... I would also send probes out to try and find Ein and all the other Male members of GALE ;)
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

chitoryu12 wrote:
General Zod wrote:
I'll just zoom off if somone tries to hail me. Especially if there are several someones in the same area.
If they refuse to answer the hails, then it's probably a pretty good indication that it's someone we'd want to remove. The ship's information would naturally be stored in the computer's databanks. :D
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
chitoryu12
Jedi Council Member

Post by chitoryu12 »

Couldn't I just bluff and say that I'm someone who posted five times in their life? I may have pictures up, but I've changed my look a lot.

Wait....damn it, now you know my plan!
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

I can imagine HAB going after Mecha heretics with great gusto though. :lol:
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:I can imagine HAB going after Mecha heretics with great gusto though. :lol:
Quite probably, but who in the ST universe has anything resembling "mecha?"

I believe they would be introduced by someone aboard one of the Executors, but it certainly wouldn't be me. The mecha would be target practice at best - I'll stick with upgraded ships and my power-armored shock troops.
General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

rhoenix wrote:
Fingolfin_Noldor wrote:I can imagine HAB going after Mecha heretics with great gusto though. :lol:
Quite probably, but who in the ST universe has anything resembling "mecha?"
The Borg. If not in actual form then in retardedness.
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

General Zod wrote:The Borg. If not in actual form then in retardedness.
Them's the makings of a fanfic - the Borg being hit by / capturing the Cybertronian Allspark. That would be...interesting.

It wouldn't make them any less a target for destruction & reprogramming, though.
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Crossroads Inc. wrote:One other thing... I would also send probes out to try and find Ein and all the other Male members of GALE
It shouldn't be difficult to find mine...I plan on painting my SSD in a rainbow color scheme as well as modifying the communication/deflection domes to resemble gigantic disco balls. With Frank Hipper's permission, it can be the Flagship of GALE.

Furthermore, since all of my crew are completely loyal to me, I will trash those ugly, drab imperial uniforms, separate the manly men from the girly men and dress them accordingly. I'll probably have to depopulate an entire planet of its wildlife just to get enough leather to dress my crew properly. :lol:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Mario1470 wrote:
Crossroads Inc. wrote:One other thing... I would also send probes out to try and find Ein and all the other Male members of GALE
It shouldn't be difficult to find mine...I plan on painting my SSD in a rainbow color scheme as well as modifying the communication/deflection domes to resemble gigantic disco balls. With Frank Hipper's permission, it can be the Flagship of GALE.

Furthermore, since all of my crew are completely loyal to me, I will trash those ugly, drab imperial uniforms, separate the manly men from the girly men and dress them accordingly. I'll probably have to depopulate an entire planet of its wildlife just to get enough leather to dress my crew properly. :lol:
"Oh noes! It's the Super Gay Star Destroyer Disco!!!" :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Post by Isolder74 »

Well I'm Painting mine deep navy blue and join in on the devestation of the borg and then head over to the Dominion to take out the Jem Hadar.
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Stark wrote:Then again, considering the number of people whose first thought in regards to this situation was "slaughter [insert ST species] down to the last child out of spite!", perhaps I'm being too optimistic...
I'm not taking my chances with fake internet people and their theoretical ability to not kill me. :)[/quote]

Frankly I'm with Stark on this point.

How about this; the class of ship you get is based on some general competence/sanity test. For example Q runs each member through some basic tactical, diplomatic and command challenges, of the sort you see in a typical DS9 episode. The ship you get varies from a DS2 (solved all challenges brilliantly) down to an unarmed shuttle (got your ship blown up/crew killed/made an enemy of the people you were meant to negotiate with) etc depending on how well or otherwise you do.
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

The ship you get varies from a DS2 (solved all challenges brilliantly) down to an unarmed shuttle (got your ship blown up/crew killed/made an enemy of the people you were meant to negotiate with) etc depending on how well or otherwise you do.
Whats to stop this member from suddenly flipping out and use his DS2 against the galaxy and the rest of us?

Sure, we COULD try to take out the DS2 but, with that superlaser firing every few minutes, and its shields up and running, and the guns on its surface, not to mention the fighters and stormies it comes along with.

We'd have an easier time trying to take out an SSD, if we all had SSDs.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

I don't think Q would give a shit about how we competent we were. It would be more funny for them if the biggest retard got the most badass ship.
In memory of Halogen: 2003-2006
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

rhoenix wrote:
General Zod wrote:The Borg. If not in actual form then in retardedness.
Them's the makings of a fanfic - the Borg being hit by / capturing the Cybertronian Allspark. That would be...interesting.

It wouldn't make them any less a target for destruction & reprogramming, though.
Good Grief! Bad enough they look like walking zombies, now they got larger and more bloated than before! :lol:

But yes, a valid target for the HAB Inquisition. :lol:
Kreia
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Screw you people, this would be the biggest clusterfuck in history with all of the fights and battle royales going on. I would go to the Briar Patch, hide out there on the planet Baku, use some other planet or something to establish an industrial base, and while I wait a 20 years or so, having not aged a day, and maybe poke my head outside.
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

About what I'd do:

Step One: Hyper-jump outside galaxy.

Step One A: If Executer does not have local navigational coordinates, beg, buy, or steal some from the nearest local I can find, then follow through with step one.

Step Two: Try to contact people.

Step Two A: Send a few probe droids to record the utter annihilation of the Borg. Hilarity like that will only happen once.

Step Two B: Have the (hopefully) experienced, loyal, and competent officers on board ship set up an education program that'll teach me to be a semi-competent Executer captain, and planetary governor. Along with some skills in fleet combat.

Step Three: Collaborate with fellow sane people to make some sort of government, whilst probing the galaxy for a decent place to set up shop.

Step Four: Join said government, set up shop on an obscure hapless planetary system that is not already claimed by someone else, and is preferably far from another claimed system.

Step Five: Fortify like hell, industrialize like hell, and maybe (if I'm lucky) build a World Devastator or two.

Step Five A (to be done during): Create trade schools for crew members to pass on their knowledge. High ranking crew with high powered degrees will be required to teach at this academy for a decent part of the year.

Step Six: Have WD's feed off of uninhabited systems to get big.

Step Seven (To happen during step six): Enjoy the tropical zone of the planet I conquered.

Step Eight: Try to set up a deal with FaxModem1 to export some of that oh-so-cool radiation so I can live longer.

Step Eight A: If someone tries to co-opt the Borg Sonnenburg style, I will remind them what, precisely, happened in the same fic after the Borg became the predominant power once more. If they don't learn from that, I will make sure to publicly state my concerns amongst the remaining board members.

Step Nine: Encourage crew members to fraternize with the inevitably humanoid (and genetically compatible) members of the race on-planet. In-crew fraternization is prohibited for a reason, gents.

To be done throughout: Collaborate with fellow sane people for mutually advantageous goals (I.E. eliminating power-hungry and insane idiots, and kiddies). Also look into having an international university of sorts, where our crews could pass on their knowledge to the locals.
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

HSRTG wrote:Step Eight A: If someone tries to co-opt the Borg Sonnenburg style, I will remind them what, precisely, happened in the same fic after the Borg became the predominant power once more. If they don't learn from that, I will make sure to publicly state my concerns amongst the remaining board members.
Shit, you're right. Then I make a small modification - the Borg don't get ships. They get to work in a Borg sweatshop. on a planet or two until they build enough droids to replace them. Once that's done, then the remaining Borg get "downsized."
HSRTG wrote:Step Nine: Encourage crew members to fraternize with the inevitably humanoid (and genetically compatible) members of the race on-planet. In-crew fraternization is prohibited for a reason, gents.
Damn it, you're right again. In that case, I'd let others have Risa - I never liked them. I'd go with people from Betazed. Anyone with the last name "Troi" would be left behind on the planet before it gets BDZ'ed, though.
HSRTG wrote:To be done throughout: Collaborate with fellow sane people for mutually advantageous goals (I.E. eliminating power-hungry and insane idiots, and kiddies). Also look into having an international university of sorts, where our crews could pass on their knowledge to the locals.
Good grief, that's your third good strike here. I completely forgot about setting up a proper school system. Thank you for posting those points.