SD.net SSD

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

My plan is simple.

Find a planet of either humans or...hell some species where the females are compatible and attractive.

Point out over a thousand ships of power equivalent to mine have just turned up in the galaxy and some of them are captained by people you wouldn't trust with a TV remote so their best chance of not being glassed for shits and giggles is to surrender to me and earn the protection of my ship.

Fortify the crap out of the system ((i know startrek tech is hard to co opt into something a SSD would notice let alone be impeded by but i'm sure my highly trained crew would think of something), use the super star destroyer as my personal palace and never leave orbit of my new world.

Live life decadently for as long as possible and make sure i'm left alone. (this plan relies on some lunatic not turning up in a SSD during the early part.)

Maybe use genetic engineering to to enhance variety of my minions and stuff, or maybe just use it for amusement.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
FedRebel
Jedi Master

Post by FedRebel »

Given that large portions of the board will be either blasting the Borg, Dominion or Fedweration into oblivion, as well ashunt down zwero poster ships, I'd probably head for Romulus.

While everyone else is busy killing eachother for the rights to capture/destroy Borg/Dominion/Federation/zero poster assets, I'd broker a deal with the Romulans.

They get my protection and upgrades to give their ships a remote fighting chance, I get to be supreme commander of the Romulan military also my crew aswell as myself are guaranteed very comfortable lives.

It's a bit of a gamble, but the Romulan Empire seems to not be high on the list of others so the chances of others immediately coming after it are minimal.

Everyone else can have their crusades, meanwhile I'll settle in a stable empire and clean up the aftermath with numbers on my side to keep the Galactic barrier vultures (those who'd rather starve themselves in extragalactic space waiting for everyone else to kill themselves) at bay
Penfold
Redshirt

Post by Penfold »

Let's see...

First stop, the Ba'ku. Negotiate at the very least a non-aggression treaty with FaxModem1, preferably a mutual defense pact. Rinse and repeat with anyone sane I come across. Fortunately, only one of the worlds I'm interested has been explicitly targeted for BDZ by another poster, though the possibility of random acts of genocide may be something to worry about for a while. The only other concern is showing a certain poster the door if he shows up in any system I care about, so as to avoid what could be extinction-level collateral damage from The Great Chitoryu Hunt.

Take advantage of the fact that with this level of power, there are some people who would rabidly attack anything Federation on sight. When the collapse of the region begins, point out to the Vulcans and Betaziods that the Federation is doomed and can't protect their worlds from being turned into parking lots, but I can.

With advanced societies (as far as the natives of the Alpha Quadrant are concerned) on my side, set up labs on the Ba'ku world. Initially, these labs will just be for studying the radiation in the planet's rings, but will eventually include research that won't start until later.

Find the societies that have been shafted by ships named Enterprise. There's plenty to find. Examples include:

Angosia - when last we saw them, Picard made a condescending comment about how the government handled the super-soldier situation would determine if they got Federation membership, just seconds after Roga Danar and his forces took them hostage! Not only could that situation not end well, the Angosians were never mentioned again. This is the primary reason I wanted the Betazoids and Vulcans: to use telepaths (and Vulcan meditation techniques) to fix the mental mess the Angosians created in their super-soldiers.

The two planets from "Symbiosis" - in one fell swoop, Picard ruined the economy of one world (however justified), and condemned the other to terrible withdrawal that mimics the very disease they were taking the drug to cure. Am I the only one who pictures people jumping out of windows like the Great Depression meets humanoid lemmings? Hopefully, I stopped rhoenix from glassing Betazed...

The Menk - this is the five year old left with free run of the house because his parents died and the neighbors haven't noticed yet. Why? Because Archer and Phlox may very well have let the Valakians go extinct in a fit of self-righteousness. If there's anyone left, perhaps they can be integrated into society.

Obviously, any society that aligns with me is brought up to the highest possible standard of technology (which is Federation at the moment). At this point a search for planets with resources will begin.

With something vaguely resembling resources and infrastructure, it's time to go on a scavenger hunt! Start looking into the interstellar Atlantis stories, and keep an eye out for leftovers from Space Romans, especially the Iconians. With people slaughtering the Dominion and Borg left and right, rushing in and grabbing what hasn't been melted to slag would also be a good idea. The search for Dominion cloning tech would be a top priority. The fruits of these searches would be brought to my expanded research facilities on the Ba'ku world.
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

I would like an amendment to the OP. While the Star Dreadnaught is crewed the number of crew of effected by post count and quality of posting. That'd make things a mite more interesting I figure. Naturally many Destroyers will be lost via navigating errors or hitting the self destruct by accident when looking for the toilet flush.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

Lord Pounder wrote:I would like an amendment to the OP. While the Star Dreadnaught is crewed the number of crew of effected by post count and quality of posting. That'd make things a mite more interesting I figure. Naturally many Destroyers will be lost via navigating errors or hitting the self destruct by accident when looking for the toilet flush.
If that were the case, I'd begin reading tech material immediately after arriving.
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

rhoenix wrote:If that were the case, I'd begin reading tech material immediately after arriving.
You'll notice I made a note about having the competent and loyal officers of my crew set up a training regimen for me to learn the skills necessary for commanding an Executer, a planet, and, speaking for the long term, a fleet.
Good grief, that's your third good strike here. I completely forgot about setting up a proper school system.
I had an entirely separate note about creating a local one no matter what. That would be for cross-pollination of our crew's expertise, as some from each vessel are likely to have various non-necessary degrees for when they were going to retire into civilian life (like xeno-biologists, architects, etc.).
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
rhoenix
Jedi Council Member

Post by rhoenix »

HSRTG wrote:
rhoenix wrote:You'll notice I made a note about having the competent and loyal officers of my crew set up a training regimen for me to learn the skills necessary for commanding an Executer, a planet, and, speaking for the long term, a fleet.
Indeed I did. However, it wasn't until Lord Pounder's suggestion that number of competent crew = postcount that it became an issue.
HSRTG wrote:I had an entirely separate note about creating a local one no matter what. That would be for cross-pollination of our crew's expertise, as some from each vessel are likely to have various non-necessary degrees for when they were going to retire into civilian life (like xeno-biologists, architects, etc.).
Makes good sense to me. In that case, I'd try to set up an exchange student program with HSRTG, so we can play "who churns out the best students from our colleges."
AK-047
Youngling

Post by AK-047 »

Not sure if this has been mentioned since the last time I was here, but what about the sheer amount of resources needed to run the ship. The turbolasers need blaster gas to be effective and the reactors need fuel. An SSD doesn't seem to be designed to be capable of sustaining themselves. The gas mining equipment would need to be built from scratch, unless somewhere in the ST galaxy has this fuel ready.
In memory of Halogen: 2003-2006
harbringer
Padawan Learner

Post by harbringer »

Me :) find a nice asteroid belt with a few minor moons to hide in far away from major population centers and close to places with resources .... then build cloning tanks and factories all the while trying to learn as much as I can from the databases and education programs I have access to. I dont need sparti cloning tanks even just the ones like in ATOC. Sooner or later I will be found but hopefully by then I have an army of storm/clone troopers battle droids and fighters and possibly small warships.

"Machines making machines - how perverse"

By this time all the idiots have taken care of themselves or each other and im only facing the more problematic threats - the last of the last SSD's. I would expand setting up covert bases to work from and hopefully prey on the ones who are wounded or wont work with/for me. Long term an alliance might work but I would always try to have some aces. :)
"Depending on who you talk to, a mercenary can be anything from a savior to the scum of the universe. On the Wolf's Dragoons world of Outreach, the Mercenary's Star, we know what a merc really is - a business man." - Wolf's Dragoons, Outreach (Merc World mag. 3056)
Sikon
Jedi Knight

Post by Sikon »

With so many random people having access to civilization-destroying firepower and at least a few being immature genocidal maniacs when drunk on absolute power, most (if not all) major civilizations from Romulus to Ferenginar are likely to be immediately devastated, as it only takes 1 of the 5000 SSDs paying a brief visit. It's hard to make deals and complete negotiations in such an environment.

Even after some order develops with more cooperative groups of SSD commanders having countered the rogues with superior numbers, defending some locations such as earth, there's no guarantee that the resulting interstellar state(s) would approve of one's own goals and not interfere. For example, acquiring and modifying Borg nanotechnology, capable of bringing back the dead, may be a shortcut to immortality, and Borg removed from collective control can eventually become good members of a new society (e.g. Seven of Nine) ... but all the trillions of people in the collective may just be killed by other SSDs.

However, there is a possible solution, to operate within a galaxy without the devastation and threat of other SSDs. Time travel is possible in Trek, whether by the slingshot around a star technique or by other methods. It is concluded on the main site that Trek time travel moves the traveler into an alternate universe, a new timeline, as opposed to changing the original universe. While that's a problem for time travel in a versus discussion, it's no problem here. One universe is as good as the next. The challenge becomes surviving until enough local technology, industry, and people have been acquired to build the equipment for the temporal escape.

Of course, the end goal is to create and build up a new interstellar state, as there's little a lone warship's crew can accomplish themselves, but much which can be accomplished with billions, eventually trillions, of citizens, expanding over time through immigration, population growth, and liberation of some populaces under oppressive regimes.
[/url]
[/url]Earth is the cradle of humanity, but one cannot live in the cradle forever.

― Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
MKSheppard
Ruthless Genocidal Warmonger

Post by MKSheppard »

I laugh insanely for the first 15 minutes. Then I pull up a copy of my notes for Imperial Phoenix, and then set out to find Lonestar, Frank Hipper, Sea Skimmer, etc.

Then when we've got a fleet all set up with Grand Admiral Lonestar (He's the only one upon us with naval experience); we go and begin setting up our empire.
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

MKSheppard wrote:I laugh insanely for the first 15 minutes. Then I pull up a copy of my notes for Imperial Phoenix, and then set out to find Lonestar, Frank Hipper, Sea Skimmer, etc.

Then when we've got a fleet all set up with Grand Admiral Lonestar (He's the only one upon us with naval experience); we go and begin setting up our empire.
So what you are basically saying is "we're fucked." :)

I'd try to keep a "Mess" powerblock as solid as possible, as we tend to coordinate and shut up when "senior Warwolves" tell us to. Probably we'd be the more efficient at what we do than most others. I don't know who the commander would be. Probably Rob Wilson or Coyote.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Lonestar wrote:So what you are basically saying is "we're fucked." :)
Fine fine, I won't consider your experience in honest to god naval tactics when we politic to set up the Grand Admiral!

:evil:

I mean come on, you could probably do a lot of what you did IRL against the UPF.

*AIM client opens on Bridge of Starfleet ship*

"Hey man, I'm from the Tschaivolsky, and we're having trouble calibrating our shields, can you AIM me your shield frequency settings?"

"No problem"

:D

Liekwise, fleet command codes, etc
"If scientists and inventors who develop disease cures and useful technologies don't get lifetime royalties, I'd like to know what fucking rationale you have for some guy getting lifetime royalties for writing an episode of Full House." - Mike Wong

"The present air situation in the Pacific is entirely the result of fighting a fifth rate air power." - U.S. Navy Memo - 24 July 1944
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

pff.

You seem to be missing the point.

I don't think I would associate myself or my asset with anyone other than a "Mess" organization. It's almost inevitable that everyone else will breakdown into a massive clusterfuck, while we can sit tight and follow orders and come out on top :)
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

Lonestar wrote:I don't think I would associate myself or my asset with anyone other than a "Mess" organization.
MESSHOLE!
It's almost inevitable that everyone else will breakdown into a massive clusterfuck, while we can sit tight and follow orders and come out on top :)
Not all of us are immature 15 year olds, you realize? Sure, there would be a lot of self-fratricide with idiots running around settling scores, or giggling as they try out BDZs, but the more levelheaded of us can actually follow orders.

But on second thought, can you keep Wilson from issuing a "Kill on Sight" order for me? :D

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

MKSheppard wrote:
Not all of us are immature 15 year olds, you realize? Sure, there would be a lot of self-fratricide with idiots running around settling scores, or giggling as they try out BDZs, but the more levelheaded of us can actually follow orders.
Not until all the retards burn themselves out first though. Only as anarchy consumes the Galaxy will other organizations form, through trial and error. What will be even more funny will be Mods and Admisn trying to conbtrol the situation as it spirals out of control, while the 20+ SSDs of the Mess hang out in an obscure part of the Galaxy waiting for it to be over. Perhaps we'll be able to secure ourselves a small interstellar empire.

But on second thought, can you keep Wilson from issuing a "Kill on Sight" order for me? :D
If I were you, I'd keep your head down buddy :)
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

I'd do the following:

Find a local intrasystem asteroid field to do turbolaser familirazation; shoot a couple dozen asteroids to find out how long it takes a TL to lock on and fire

Do a short intrasystem hyperjump to see how hyperspace works and calibrate out out sensors

Wait and listen as my EW department, picks up the death screams of hundreds of SDN members, and thousands of civilziations. :D

General Zod
Never Shuts Up

Post by General Zod »

AK-047 wrote:Not sure if this has been mentioned since the last time I was here, but what about the sheer amount of resources needed to run the ship. The turbolasers need blaster gas to be effective and the reactors need fuel. An SSD doesn't seem to be designed to be capable of sustaining themselves. The gas mining equipment would need to be built from scratch, unless somewhere in the ST galaxy has this fuel ready.
We could simply cannibalize the ships of the zero count posters and known trolls and simply use their soldiers for slave labor to build the factories we need.
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:I don't know who the commander would be. Probably Rob Wilson or Coyote.
I might go with jegs2, because he'd probably have the most experience at leading a large group (he was a company commander, at least). But that's the sort of thing that the Mess, at least, could settle fairly peacefully and when we do, people would stick with it. I wouldn't be so sure about other "factions" out there.

As for my plans, I would say form alliances with the level headed ones to go out and at least try to defend what infastructure is out there in the galaxy before the geneocidal whackos destroy it all, but that would probably be difficult to manage. Given the numbers of them, it's quite likely that at least a few of the defenders will have severely damaged ships and no way to reliably repair them, so it would probably be difficult to convince others to risk their only powerbase in such a way. So it'd probably be best to go with the rest of the Mess and hide out until people have pretty much wiped themselves out.

Incidently, why is it that Shep is not the one advocating genocide, but a whole bunch of people in here who would no doubt flame his "nukey nukey" approach to foreign relations think it'd be great to BDZ most of the Alpha Quadrant?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Considering the last page of posts, I'd either A> Ally with Mess and attempt to negotiate a more-or-less permanent alliance with GALE, or B> stay out of the way for a while, period to be determined by probe-droid data. Either way, I attempt my level best to develop a World Devastator and map out minable resources after mastering basic ship control, navigation, weapons testing, fighter deployment, and fleet tactics. Opt not to attack Borg Space unless ordered to by superiors AND with enough allies as I see fit to prevent destruction (or worse, assimilation).

Invest heavily in research on local cartography and space phenomena, as well as indigenous species, politics, technology, weapons, tactics, etc. Distribute knowledge gained to all allies under the GNU Free Documentation License.

Attempt to minimize needless Base Delta Zero operations and work to earn goodwill of indigenous species. Fully investigate any nasty secrets the locals may be hiding, and avoid contact if necessary. Genocidal polities will be engaged via aggressive gunboat diplomacy; simultaneously aid whomever is persecuted.

If World Devastator can be made to work, set it feeding on a mineral-rich asteroid field nobody else owns; prioritize spare parts, probe droids, and fighters at first, to be escalated to larger ships up to and including ISDs when capability exists. Trade data with allies on optimizing WD.

All the while, give ship's engineers and techs free reign to test found tech at a safe distance from my ship. When tech is confirmed safe and offers advantages beyond equivalent tech existing aboard my ship, authorize its use and share data with allies to complete its assimilation. When indigenous tech still has user, ask nicely and negotiate with party with principles of respect for fellow sentient. Racism, xenophobia, and other bigotry amongst my crew will be dealt with harshly in manners which stigmatize the perpetrator and make him a laughingstock.

Any attack upon my fleet, facilities, or personnel will be met with a short, sharp maximum-yield assault and bombardment upon the perpetrator's nearest military complexes and industrial facilities with weapons of mass destruction; survivors will be rescued and treated with bacta to the best of the ability of my medical facilities; a sternly-worded warning with an offer of surrender terms will be broadcast to the government and populace across all frequencies. The survivors will be encouraged to renounce the previous regime, and the targeted world or facilities will be rebuilt or suitable replacement worlds found or facilities manufactured upon it. Take all reasonable efforts to rebuild the goodwill of the survivors; anyone under my command caught mistreating them will be made examples of publically and extremely harshly.

However, further attacks or resistance will be responded to with a Base Delta Zero bombardment upon said nearest world. A second warning, again with surrender terms, will be broadcast to the belligerent species. Any further attack beyond this will result in the systematic destruction of all assets and the deliberate extinction of the species, excluding insurgency or terrorism not sanctioned by the government.

Insurgents will be dealt with via standard COIN warfare if necessary, and with good social and economic policy to win hearts and minds as SOP to minimize the popularity of terrorists. In short, make it the logical and most highly attractive choice possible to ally with me and keep the peace.
Image Image
MKSheppard

Post by MKSheppard »

RogueIce wrote:Incidently, why is it that Shep is not the one advocating genocide, but a whole bunch of people in here who would no doubt flame his "nukey nukey" approach to foreign relations think it'd be great to BDZ most of the Alpha Quadrant?
Because I'm a complex enigma wrapped in a riddle?

Or maybe because people are simply blatant hypocrites?

You've got an Executor Class Sector Command Ship; you can essentially do whatever the shit you want; you've got deep docks within the ship capable of at least repairing ISDs; plus tons of smaller support craft; is there any reason to go on a maniacally laughing kill spree?

The ruthless destruction of the UFP can wait. First, we set things up so we can survive.

Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Post by Solauren »

Question - Can I get Q to trade in my SSD for the following -

1 World Devestator (Silencer 7) with Hypermatter processing, Atomic Furnance capabilities, and the other things needed to make Starships, capable of making Stygian Crystals.
1 Cloud City style facility, refitted with Spaarti cloning cylinders and Yssalamari, with flash imprinting for all roles needed in a military and support struckture
DNA templates for the Grand ARmy of the Republic

If so, I'm taking that to the nearest debris system, cloaking it all, and begining a massive military build up in secret. Once I have enough ships to take out 5000 SSDS an only lose 50% of my forces, I go and clean up the mess that resulted from this, and crown myself Emperor.
Starglider
Miles Dyson

Post by Starglider »

Solauren wrote:Question - Can I get Q to trade in my SSD for the following
No.
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

Starglider wrote:
Solauren wrote:Question - Can I get Q to trade in my SSD for the following
No.
Agreed. Q takes the fun completely out of this RAR HIPOTHETICLE SENAREO if he acts so far out of character anyway.
MKSheppard wrote:
RogueIce wrote:First, we set things up so we can survive.
See my post right above yours for a good war plan ;)
Image Image
Beowulf
The Patrician

Post by Beowulf »

Find the rest of the Mess, elect a commander. Past that, it'll probably consist of find some infrastructure we can protect until things settle down. Commander would probably be someone who was previously an officer, like Jegs. Beyond that, find the saner members, and coopt them into an auxillary force to hunt down the less sane.
"preemptive killing of cops might not be such a bad idea from a personal saftey[sic] standpoint..." --Keevan Colton
"There's a word for bias you can't see: Yours." -- William Saletan