SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Re: SD.Net on TF ships above Ocampa(RAR)

Post by Darth Tedious »

That's fair. Let me make sure I've got this straight-
You're going to have real Orion slave girls and custom holodec slave girls?
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Imperial528
Jedi Council Member

Post by Imperial528 »

If you guys want slaves, fine with me, just so long as I don't have to spend anything to maintain or purchase them. I'm fine with just the holodeck, since it's maintenance is the kind I understand, and I don't need to have any relationships with the holograms that I don't want.

Now, for manufacturing, I think we should pool our resources initially until we have a sizable industry base we can split up between us all.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Well, you can keep slaves if you want. I myself am emancipating my slaves, as I just wouldn't feel right about having slaves, especially sex slaves.

But I'll reserve judgement until after the party :D
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

I'm happy with either the holodec or slaves, and I'm not passing judgement on Purple or anyone else. If I were to purchase slaves, I'd probably semi-emancipate them by turning them into prostitutes...
Imperial528 wrote:Now, for manufacturing, I think we should pool our resources initially until we have a sizable industry base we can split up between us all.
Agreed. Obviously, we'll have to come to some kind of agreement on money for slaves, so it's fair to those who don't wish to buy any.
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Hmmm...my original "Relativity/Stasis" plan looks more attractive with DXIII actively hunting us. Peraps some ind of Coalition to stop is called for. Or I'll simply bugger off out of the galaxy, daring him to chase me through the intergalactic void.

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Here is an idea. Lets make sure we identify kill the maniac before we do anything else.
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

You win. There, I have said it.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

But if we're killing maniacs like DXIII, where do we stop?

I suppose we've got to blow Shroom's Lucrehulk apart as well, just to be safe :D

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Well DXIII has declared that apparently only he as a well adjusted mass murderer is to be trusted with an armed space warship. Shroom doesn't seem quite as unhinged in comparison, or at least not unhinged in the same psychotic fashion.

So yeah, if DXIII starts shooting before I manage to leave I'm joining the coalition to restore sanity and/or fear to prevent his rampage.
STGOD SDNW4 player. Chamarran Hierarchy Catgirls in space!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

When I said "Coalition" I wasn't planning on resotring anything, just making sure DXIII is dead. Then we can all go our separate ways. Although I might be tempted to find and blow up Lion El'Johnson's ship.

Speaking of which, how do we know whose is whose? Are our usernames painted in hunred-metre-tall letters on the hanger arms or something?

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

When it was just that goals wise you were at least within spitting distance of morality. The problem is you then extended your killing spree to EVERYONE no matter their intentions. That was the point where in your attempts to fight monsters you became one yourself.

And seriously, if you're gonna do that where would you stop? All starships even trek ones have the capability to be used for evil. And seen as intentions DO NOT matter to you you'll probably keep going once you've destroyed the only people who can oppose you. Till the galaxy is devoid of advanced technology and starships and thus no one can inflict evil acts on eachother in a large scale.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Wait, how are we advocating rape and murder? We're going to have a big party on the Baku planet. So no murder. Rape, maybe, but I was gonna emancipate my slaves so it's not that.

And you're the one who said you'd open fire on everybody as soon as possible!

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

And with that post, you slide deeper and deeper into the grips of madness.

So you have appointed yourself the Guardian of the Galaxy, to protect the poor helpless Federation from the evils of those of us whose stated intention is either to a) leave b) wait until all the ST shit blows over in stasis or c)simply have a party and a simple quiet life.

Your "holy quest" will only plunge you deeper into the abyss, for in defending the Federation with your SW ship you will wield effectively unlimited power in Starfleet. I wonder how long it will be before you decide there are other "threats" that must be dealt with. The Dominion, the Borg, perhaps even the Romulans and the Klingons. Where will your "quest" end?

It will end with you dying, alone on the bridge of your ship, watching as all your hopes and dreams are annihilated in a crisis of your own making. And in your last seconds you will be tormeted knowing that we were right and you were wrong.
Last edited by Eternal_Freedom on 2011-02-14 01:00pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Okay. Using the arguement that someone that has KNOWN murderous tendencies is more of a threat to the galaxy than someone whose murderous tendencies are unknown I declare killing DXIII to be of paramount importance to the flotilla.

And by your own logic DXIII this is sound. After all you're saying that you and you alone should be trusted with this power and you will not harm the galaxy with it. But you wouldn't take our word we mean the galaxy no harm so why the hell should we take yours.

Your entire premise for this arguement that people on this forum cannot be trusted with this power, unfortunately that happens to include you with the added garnish that you want to kill everyone else.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Yeah, I'm definitely running to the Briar Patch as fast as possible. I want to avoid the firefights and crusades that will open up in the first few minutes of confusion.

Like I said, I'm going to paradise and making an industrial base to benefit myself and those who I think need it. While y'all, y'all are going to burn the galaxy.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

DXIII wrote: Will this cycle of violence never end? Murder only begets more murder. At some point, someone, somewhere, must put a stop to it.
It will end, with your death. Enjoy spending your last few moments tormented by the fact that you are not invincible and die just like anyone else.

And Faxmodem, I'm not going to burn the galaxy. If I may, I'll come along with you once DXIII is put out of his misery.

Darkevilme
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darkevilme »

Destructionator XIII wrote: Will this cycle of violence never end? Murder only begets more murder. At some point, someone, somewhere, must put a stop to it.
Yes. We will put a stop to it, by killing the murderous bastard who's going around murdering people. I believe this solves the issue nicely. Or at least leaves us with the job of policing the flotilla. Now granted I'm not saying it will be easy. But I like to think the sane outnumber the insane in the flotilla and thus we might be able to build a workable system of crime and punishment built on some quaint notion like 'innocent until proven guilty'
Purple
Sith Acolyte
Location: In a purple cube orbiting this planet. Hijacking satellites for an internet connection.

Post by Purple »

Sigh, identification will be easy. We just open a com link to each ship and wait to see where the maniacal laughter is coming from.

As for you DXIII I only have one thing to say. He who fights monsters...
It has become clear to me in the previous days that any attempts at reconciliation and explanation with the community here has failed. I have tried my best. I really have. I pored my heart out trying. But it was all for nothing.

Now there is only one thing left to do. Let us see if I can sum up the strength needed to end things once and for all.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

I think not. I have no revised my plan. I shall immediately jump clear of the fleet, giving me time to see which ship is DXIII's. In other words, the one that's shooting at everyone. I gather together others who don't want to get stomped by this insane would-be God. We move back in, kill him, and then we disperse, following our own paths. Clearly if more than a handful of us are together at once we'll end up with a firefight, so it is better for everybody if we separate.

Purple
Sith Acolyte

Post by Purple »

Gaming forum? This thread should become one of those RPG things or how ever you call them. (How do you call forum RPG's here? And how does one join one of them?)

Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

I call for an alliance of reason.

First order of business: stop people murdering each other. If necessary, take Destructo out.
Second order of business: Find some sensible people to trust. I'd suggest the guys of DS9. Establish communication.
Third order of business: Help some of the people of the Delta or Alpha quadrant out. Especially people who got screwed like those guys who archer left to die.
Fourth order of business: Find a nice remote system for people to leave their ships if they want to mingle with the rest of the species there.
Fifth order of business: Kill everybody who decides to declare himself emperor or god.

If no such alliance can be found, I just band together with the guys I know and trust and then recreate the life of Cortez. Assuming we can agree on what nation to subdue (the Klingons should be easy pickings).
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Pledge my allegiance to Destructionator XIII, the One True God, and assist him in any way possible.

When the big Thanasian/Destructionatorian/Whatever conference comes, since probably there will be something of the sort at the start to facilitate stuff, no one will know who anybody is, so D13's enemies won't know who he is, but neither will I! And no one will know who I am! It'll be fun, like a murder mystery, but with actual murder!
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

People who enter the conference must confirm their identity by using their bbs login codes. Also, the conference will be conducted via holos, I am not going to let anybody on my ship.
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Glad to see someone holding a conference. I shall attend, and see what the board can collectively put together, although I am still in favour of the "We must all disperse for fear of starting planet-destroying firefights"

Karmic Knight
Jedi Master

Post by Karmic Knight »

Thanas wrote:I call for an alliance of reason.
I am in. I unfortunately do not have an opinion on on the second order of business, as I am not versed well enough in Star Trek of the time period to formulate a coherent opinion.
This is an empty country and I am it's king, and I should not be allowed to touch anything.
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Post by Thanas »

Destructionator XIII wrote:
Thanas wrote:People who enter the conference must confirm their identity by using their bbs login codes.
How would you check it? You don't know our passwords or anything like that, so it'd still pretty much come down to taking our word for it.
I am pretty sure I can count on some admins who know those or have that data backed up. Of course, there is always the option of "have people state their username" and if there are more than one, ask them about their posting history or stuff. At worse, you keep two people locked out or so.

EDIT: Oh, and course there are those whose RL names I already know.
------------
------------
My LPs