Are You a DarkStar Fan?

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

TheDarkling wrote:Prank calls and such is exactly why that sick freak the ASU coward had to be banned and I cant believe anyone else would stoop to that level, for shame :x .
I kind of agree. Maybe the website has to go. On the other hand, DarkStar did seem to give his approval to the site by saying that the threat had been neutralized. I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that, but it appears to me that he isn't worried about the website, although he once was.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

I find nothing wrong with the site itself. Frankly, every asshole who hides his identity deserves it.

Mind you, if someone has been prank calling, I think that's pretty immature. Must we call the prank callers the G2K Cowards? Hmm?

That being said, mocking Mr. Anderson is fun for the whole family, so I contribute thusly, from the FUQ:
Chuck, in the FUQ wrote:
Scooter is a fictional character.

I know you find this difficult to accept, as I did at first. But the signs are clear if we know what to look for. So let me enlighten you.

SCOOTER LIVES OUTSIDE REALITY
(aka Guardian 2000 in The Lack of Sense, "They don't know they're dead. They only see what they want to see.")
Like most fictional characters, Scooter cannot view our world as it truly is. In the fictional world good guys get shot and receive flesh wounds while villains will die immediately (or be near immortals), and the list goes on and on. The fictional reality is a distortion of our real world, and as a result, they don't see what we all see. This is illustrated in countless posts of Guardian 2000, wherein he refers to any discussion of something he ever said or did as "lies" or "misrepresentations," even if the evidence is right in front of him. He, like all fictional characters, just can't see it. It's the same with his view of America as the greatest country; he cannot see the bad things that happen because corrupt officials always get their just desserts, the justice system never fails, and evil always is punished. Thus the reality Scooter occupies is not the reality we do. In fact, the tendency to speak other than normal people is an illustration of just how deep this goes (such as referencing the Earth and the Moon as "Terra and Luna." While accurate, it is unnatural and typical of Hollywood film writers who need to cover up their lack of technical accuracy or plot).

SCOOTER'S LIFE IS FORMULAIC
(aka Guardian 2000 in The Matrix, "You hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability.")
On December 29th Scooter posted details of his problems, in summary: his conflict involving a rich evil villain, a hot chick they were both attracted to, framing for a crime not committed, and gunplay. Now Mr. Scooter is on the run, trying to avoid the wrath of the evil Mr. Vile and his entourage of deadly buxom former KGB operatives, all the while maintaining his mild-mannered existence as a customer service representative. His one and only hope of survival is to get the Star Trek: The Next Generation Technical Manual accepted as canon material so that, in a horribly convoluted plot convenience, the villain will be thwarted. Of course, I'm embellishing slightly. Still, it's obvious that Scooter's life is far too formulaic to be that of an actual human being, but will in fact be coming to a theater near you. Especially watch for the part where Mr. Vile (played by Alan Rickman) claps slowly and says, "Well played, Mr. Scooter. Well played indeed."

SCOOTER LACKS CONTINUITY
As stated before, Scooter cannot recognize his own words, despite the fact that all evidence demonstrates that he said them. His fictional reality, by its very nature, lacks the continuity of the real world that we inhabit. In fact, Scooter will sometimes contradict what he has just said. For example: "Chuck, you're just like that awful Timothy Jones." "You're the one who is acting like Timothy Jones." "Of course, because Timothy Jones was a maligned and noble man."

SCOOTER CANNOT MAKE FRIENDS
Fictional characters have friends created for them, and so never actually have to develop the skills needed to make them themselves. All too often Scooter will alienate people with an air of smugness and a refusal to see opposing viewpoints, nor can he tolerate those who point out the failings of his logic. He goes out of his way to annoy his allies rather than develop any kind of bond. In fact, he has made it fairly clear that he doesn't think he needs anyone else. A real person would attempt to bond with at least one other member of their species, which again suggests that Scooter is not a real person at all.

SCOOTER IS A POORLY-DISGUISED REPRODUCTION
It should be obvious to anyone that Scooter is the result of a lazy imagination. The creator took some of the more obvious traits of Timothy Jones (stubbornness, refusal to admit being wrong, air of superiority, persecution syndrome, running away from lost arguments) and Transcend (self-pity, obsessiveness, exaggeration, lame come-backs) and created Guardian 2000. This bastardized character obviously lacks any true originality and remains little more than a cartoon cypher.

So, to sum up: Guardian 2000 = fictional character. We've all obviously been duped. And now, loathe that I am to quote Brad Pitt, a line from the film Seven that best sums up this creativity burp of a character.

"When a person is insane, as you clearly are, do you know that you're insane? Maybe you're just sitting around, reading Guns -n- Ammo, masturbating in your own feces... do you just stop and go, 'Wow, it is amazing how fucking crazy I really am.'"
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

That is pretty funny, SirNitram. I don't object to mocking DumbShit at all. In fact, I encourage it, and I will be the first to make fun of him on the board. I just don't think we should be sending him hate mail, and whatnot through the webpage.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

DarkStar
Village Idiot

Post by DarkStar »

His Divine Shadow wrote:Well things certanly can get out of hand, then again, what did DarkStar expect? Being a lying evil troll can hit you in the face.
Even if your false label were correct, you would still be a sick bastard for suggesting that their behavior is acceptable.
DarkStar
Village Idiot

Post by DarkStar »

SirNitram wrote:I find nothing wrong with the site itself. Frankly, every asshole who hides his identity deserves it.
Would you care to post your phone number, address, real name, current employment data and contact info, et cetera, so that we may all revel in it?
DarkStar
Village Idiot

Post by DarkStar »

Master of Ossus wrote:
TheDarkling wrote:Prank calls and such is exactly why that sick freak the ASU coward had to be banned and I cant believe anyone else would stoop to that level, for shame :x .
I kind of agree. Maybe the website has to go. On the other hand, DarkStar did seem to give his approval to the site by saying that the threat had been neutralized. I'm not entirely sure what he meant by that, but it appears to me that he isn't worried about the website, although he once was.
The fact that the situation is not deadly serious does not mean that I don't care.

I consider it a violation of the spirit of rational discussion to take such steps against one's opponent, whether or not the situation is deadly serious. Granted, many Warsies light themselves on fire and run screaming across the line between rational discussion and irrational idiocy in discussions, but it seems that the flames blind them to the fact that they have crossed another line. They have taken this beyond the discussion.

I find them laughable. It's one thing to disagree with someone. It's quite another thing to allow yourself to get so wrapped up in that person and your hatred of their views that you feel you must take steps against them, personally.

The Rabid Warsies and I will undoubtedly continue to exist in a state of perpetual disagreement. I have recognized this fact, and moved on. My concern is not with changing minds or silencing the opposition, but with seeing how my arguments hold up. These Rabid Warsies are also unconcerned with changing minds . . . but they cross the line, seeking to silence the opposition in any way they can.

"And that is why you're not an evil man?" :)
Setesh
Jedi Master

Post by Setesh »

DS you are aware that your accusation is bull, 5 minutes on the web gets all this info, If your 'stalker' was to stupid to find you on his own this wouldn't be of much help as he'd be to stupid to read it. As for contact info I'm on AOL, I have a profile site listing all said info that anyone with the brains to type Setash@AOL.com in their search engine can find. If they have AIM its even easier. So don't garbage us about it being a 'threat' to your well being when you made no attempt to acctually hide your ID.
"Nobody ever inferred from the multiple infirmities of Windows that Bill Gates was infinitely benevolent, omniscient, and able to fix everything. " Argument against god's perfection.

My Snow's art portfolio.
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

DarkStar wrote:I consider it a violation of the spirit of rational discussion to take such steps against one's opponent, whether or not the situation is deadly serious.
Since when have any of your viewpoints, much less a discussion been rational?
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Sorry, DarkStar, I didn't fully understand the situation when I first read about it and posted my last message on this thread. You are right, we should not take these silly discussions and blow them out of proportion, as your stalker seems to have done. I agree that there are codes of conduct, even in this forum, and I also agree that your stalker, if he found you in one of these debates, clearly crossed them.

Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Now thats low. Disagreeing with someone over a debate is one thing, but this? I wouldn't even do that to the most ignorant troll. Sure, I'd get em banned, but thats about it. If you're that obsessed to pull something like that, then you really need a life. Badly. The sad thing is, all that info is readily available on the web, whether its legal or not. Gotta love the power of money these days. :(

(Note: I'm not replying to anyone here, just posting my $0.02.)
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Post by His Divine Shadow »

DarkStar wrote:Even if your false label were correct, you would still be a sick bastard for suggesting that their behavior is acceptable.
I'm not saying it is, I'm saying you brought it on yourself.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Lord_Vader
Youngling

Post by Lord_Vader »

Yep pretty scary out on the ole WWW that you can find driver license info, use search engines like Yahoo! to find phone numbers..I know cuz I searched for myself and found my number. Email address can be found as well. Its rather ironic how a lot of people (me included) used to think the WWW was a sure way to stay anonymous etc...but that isnt the case anymore.
"Join me and I will complete your training"
"You dont know the power of the Dark Side"
Sea Skimmer
Yankee Capitalist Air Pirate

Post by Sea Skimmer »

Lord_Vader wrote:Yep pretty scary out on the ole WWW that you can find driver license info, use search engines like Yahoo! to find phone numbers..I know cuz I searched for myself and found my number. Email address can be found as well. Its rather ironic how a lot of people (me included) used to think the WWW was a sure way to stay anonymous etc...but that isnt the case anymore.
It never was
"This cult of special forces is as sensible as to form a Royal Corps of Tree Climbers and say that no soldier who does not wear its green hat with a bunch of oak leaves stuck in it should be expected to climb a tree"
— Field Marshal William Slim 1956
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

That's a little too far...
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Lord_Vader
Youngling

Post by Lord_Vader »

It might never have been anonymous but the illusion of anonymity was there. Thing is everything is getting connected to the web nowadays.
"Join me and I will complete your training"
"You dont know the power of the Dark Side"
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

Eh. Posting his personal information is a tad unnecessary, in my opinion. I've found that I'm perfectly content just pointing out the flaws in someone's logic... or, if they cease to listen to reason, I just shrug my shoulders and ignore 'im.

Hey, I'm here only because I like debate, not because I give a flying fuck about Star Wars vs. Star Trek.
The Great and Malignant
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Alright, that is going too far. Seriously, fun is fun and blasting someones arguments and even them is fine, but posting their real life information withot their permission and all that is just wrong. Moreover, it opens him up to actually illegal harrassment in the form of prank phone calls or nasty packages. He may be a rotten debate and have spam for arguments, but it's just an online Usenet/Message Board thing. There is no reason to take it to real life.