Data vs General Greivous

SWvST: the subject of the main site.

Moderator: Vympel

saurc
Redshirt

Data vs General Greivous

Post by saurc »

Battle of the robots! ( well Grievous isn't fully a robot, but still )

Here are some scenarios

1. Fistfight

General Grievous has a small creature in his chest that is controlling his mechanical parts. Data could easily force open his chest plate ( like Obi-Wan ). and give that creature inside a punch. Not good news for Grievous..
However Data has an enormous weak spot of his own too- his off switch. It's not too hard to reach, but you need to know exactly where it is.

The fight would boil down to whoever got to the opponents weak spot first ( if they know each other's weaknesses ). Otherwise it would be difficult to say.

2. Lightsabre combat

Grievous has a great edge in this one . Not only is he trained by a Sith lord but he can hold 4 lightsabres in his hands.
Data can hold at most two and has no training

What do you think?
Samuel
Sith Marauder

Re: Data vs General Greivous

Post by Samuel »

Grevious is a robotic killing machine. Do you really think this is going to end well for Data, who wasn't made for combat? Data's resistance to damage varies, but I think Grevious can probably punch in his skull.
Mobiboros
Jedi Knight

Post by Mobiboros »

:wtf:
How is this even a matchup? A ruthless, Cybernetic, four armed, clawed, superhumanly strong and fast, armoured killing machine vs. an emo android that is largely focused on science and engineering.

Plus, grievous doesn't have a small creature in his chest controlling his movements. I don't even know ehere this is coming from. And vulnerable is rather a matter of scale here. It took several blaster shots to harm him. That's like saying my heart is vulnerable to repeated hits with a sledgehammer against my chest.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

first off Grievous is not a full Alien but remains of one (brains (in the head) and some vital organs) depeding on how his life support is built, a punch to those organs could be leathal or a minor inconvience.

Also how do you justify that Data can easily pry open the armor plates on Grievous' chest, Obi-Wan had to use the Force to do it in ROTS and even then the plates were already weakened by the staff blow a moment before that (while it's not shown in the movie it's clearly stated in the Novelization), I'm not saying Data can't do it, I'd just like to hear some evidence for it.

Also it's safe to say that Grievous isn't just gonna allow Data grab his armor plates and start prying them open.

as for option 2 it's not even a contest, as while Grievous can hold his own against Jedi (even if for a short while) and has been trained by a Sith Lord who is a master duelist, Data has no knowlage what so ever in Lightsabre combat or even lightsabres in general. So while it's possible that Data might get a lucky blow and win this it isn't very likely.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

well in SW terms, Data would be a general purpose human replica droid(as he was built without any specific task in mind other then to be human like), where as Grievous was/is a purpose built combat cyborg/droid with armor plates strong enough to withstand shots from a star fighter or a small starship exploding while he was in it (from the CGI series).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Darth Hoth
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Hoth »

If I recall it correctly from the RotS novelisation, Grievous is throwing around tens of sabre blows per second. Do we have any reason whatsoever to believe that Data can somehow match this?

EDIT: Damn, it was per minute . . .

Still, Grievous has the advantage in range, speed, and skill, as well as having four arms available.
"But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books."

-George "Evil" Lucas
Swindle1984
Jedi Master

Post by Swindle1984 »

Aren't Data's limbs easily detachable?

This is in no way a contest. It's like throwing a housecat into a pen with a tiger on PCP and asking which would win.
Your ad here.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

LOL, a cyborg that can stand up to Jedi versus...Data.

Just locking because really this is just asking which hole is Data going to take the first of four lightsabers in.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete