[Spoilers] How does

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Lord_Xerxes wrote:Don't worry. By the next movie (if there is another NG-cast movie) will find that Data conviently back up his memory on the Enterprise. And then in some other contrieved plot point, B4 will find a way to accidentally plug himself in and download it. Because he's retarded.
B-4 may also remember having emotions, by the next movie. For some reason the fact that in "Nemesis" Data had no memory of his emotion chip bothered me more than anything else in the movie. I know that it's more or less insignificant, but that really pissed me off and kept nagging at me.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
drifter god
Rabid Monkey

Post by drifter god »

well, correct me if im wrong, but i saw the movie opening weekend, and i thought that durring the weding dinner scene while data was singing he was also showing a bit of emotion, ether way, the thing that bugs me is that he never did his little twitch of the head to turn it off and on. why dont they ever keep a straigt story line!
i work for the cable company, i make sure all the channels work :)
BotM
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

How does Data die?

Post by Patrick Degan »

Stupidly.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

drifter god wrote:well, correct me if im wrong, but i saw the movie opening weekend, and i thought that durring the weding dinner scene while data was singing he was also showing a bit of emotion, ether way, the thing that bugs me is that he never did his little twitch of the head to turn it off and on. why dont they ever keep a straigt story line!
I seem to remember that Data has been shown acting in the holodeck a few times. Before having his emotion chip, Data appeared to be able to "feign" emotions while doing things like acting.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

The trouble with the whole thing about Data's "sacrifice" was that they could have sent somebody over in a space suit (like Kirk went after Spock in Star Trek The Motion Picture).

I guess they forgot to stock space suites on Federation Ships after Kirk's era??

Its been awhile since I saw the film, but was the distance covered by Data really that much greater than that of David Bowman in "2001: A Space Oddessey" (without a helmet)?
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

Admiral Valdemar wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:All you have to do is get a redshirt into the ship, and his Improbable Event Generation Field will make something terrible happen, I'm sure.
Redshirst are like that, they must emit some sort of Infinite Improbability Field but one that attracts every type of danger within several parsecs to their position, thus saving any real people nearby.

They are the ultimate cannon fodder, maybe you could make an ablative armour made from Redshirts...
Then due to some inexplicable technobabble, the armour would actually contribute to his death :P
GrandMasterTerwynn
Emperor's Hand

Post by GrandMasterTerwynn »

ArmorPierce wrote:Ahem, Ogawa? Hmmm.... Data's death was so.... stupid and unnecessary. Heh, Star Trek XI: Search for Data. :D
And then Star Trek XII: The Return to the Voyage Home
And then Star Trek XIV: The Terminal Boundary (Final Frontier)
And then Star Trek XV: The Nation-State that Exists in an Unobserved State
And then Star Trek XVI: Regenerations
. . . .