Scimitar a Romulan Ship.

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Romulan or Reman built

Romulan
64%
Reman
36%

Total votes: 14

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Scimitar a Romulan Ship.

Post by NecronLord »

Should the Scimitar qualify as a romulan built ship. It is so very unlikely that the Schem is Reman, That it must be romulan, despite the displays being in Reman. Who else agrees?
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Unknown. We know that the Navy was partially allied with Schinzon, but we hear that it is a Remen Warbird and that it was built at a Remen base. Its likely the Romulan navy assisted in supplies while the Remens built it.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

The Remens, a slave race with pratically no resourses of their own? I say the Romulans largely helped out.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

I think Sinzon is probably lying about it being Reman built, although it lacks the styling(and alyeska claims i hate trek :evil: ) common to (TNG era) romulan ships, which lends credence to his claim. Possibly his little group stole it before the romulans painted it :D
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Ender
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ender »

I have a real hard time buying that those guys designed a starship from scratch, much less built one. My theory is that they took a romulan design, and drasitcally altered it to meet their needs and had it built by reman workers at a romulan shipyard. Romulans supplied the base plans, supplies, and facilities, captured dominion tech and information on thalaron radiation (probably stolen by the remans from the romualn weapons testing sites) were put into the sucker by remans and it was crewed by the remans.
بيرني كان سيفوز
Nuclear Navy Warwolf
in omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro
ipsa scientia potestas est
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

I personally think the Remans themselves built the ship, but took a LONG time doing so, and updated their stuff as new technologies came around.

Let's say, about 10+ years to build the thing?
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

It their a Bird painted on the ship?
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Anarchist Bunny
Foul, Cruel, and Bad-Tempered Rodent

Post by Anarchist Bunny »

I think they took some romulan tech during their revolt but had some other assitance in building it. Romulans use Plasma Torpedeos, but the Sci used photon, along with disrupters.
//This Line Blank as of 7/15/07\\
Ornithology Subdirector: SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences
Wiilite
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

NecronLord wrote:(and alyeska claims i hate trek :evil: )
Actually, no. I am claiming you are being needlessly critical of Nemesis, not that you hate Trek.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I find it enormously difficult to believe that the Remans were able to research the necessary technology in secret. It is probable that the Scimitar was designed and built by Romulans, and then seized and modified by the Remans to better fit their needs. It is even possible that it was specifically built for use by Reman forces. To be honest, I think it a mistake, more than anything else. The idea that two races, living in the same solar system, and possessed of inter-planetary travel for hundreds of years, dominated completely by one of the two planets, has two separate and entirely different written languages strikes me as being extremely unbelievable. While in the past, it is known to have a written language for a subjugated people, in the Reman case it would be very surprising to me because the Remans have been both subservient and non-rebellious for a considerable length of time (I would say at least five hundred years).
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Alyeska wrote:
Actually, no. I am claiming you are being needlessly critical of Nemesis, not that you hate Trek.
Both of you be quiet. This thread will NOT degenerate into random flaming. I am aware of the history of the other thread, but if you feel the need to bash each other I will insist that you do it there.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Master of Ossus wrote:
Alyeska wrote:
Both of you be quiet. This thread will NOT degenerate into random flaming. I am aware of the history of the other thread, but if you feel the need to bash each other I will insist that you do it there.
Thought I was the mod of this forum... :wink:

Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Alyeska wrote:Thought I was the mod of this forum... :wink:
Sorry, I didn't mean to over-step my bounds. In the case of a moderator having a problem with another user, it is generally necessary for another moderator to step in. You are correct, though. This is your forum to moderate with as you wish. Sorry about that. :oops: