the Voyager shuttle theroy

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

there there TooTooToo, it will be alright, just think about how Tuvok wants a promotion so he lets the senior officers get killed as much as they can. That is probably the reason. Calm down, have a nice glass of milk, and watch some Babylon 5 for logic.
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Vertigo1 wrote:My personal theory is that they fold up in to convenient travel size suitcases for storage. :mrgreen:

Janeway: Damn, there goes another shuttle.
Chakotay: Don't worry, I'll have Torres replicate another suitcase.
Janeway: I thought we had like fifty in storage as it is?
Chakotay: Yeah, but at the rate we loose them we'll be out before the next episode!
Janeway: Good point!

:D
[McCoy]Damnit man, this is Star Trek, not the Jetsons![/McCoy] :lol:
Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Post by Kurgan »

Maybe evertime crewmen were killed, they somehow used the transporter/replicator to "recycle" the raw materials into shuttle parts?

Though, that still wouldn't explain where all the metal came from (mining asteroids?). heh
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Kurgan wrote:Maybe evertime crewmen were killed, they somehow used the transporter/replicator to "recycle" the raw materials into shuttle parts?

Though, that still wouldn't explain where all the metal came from (mining asteroids?). heh
I thought that the main premise of the first few seasons was that they were running out of material.
And replicators have been shown to be able to make sod all.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Pcm979 wrote:
Kurgan wrote:Maybe evertime crewmen were killed, they somehow used the transporter/replicator to "recycle" the raw materials into shuttle parts?

I thought that the main premise of the first few seasons was that they were running out of material.
You should read the stories about changing lightbulbs in Star Trek....I'll dig the link out sometime...
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Keevan_Colton wrote:
Pcm979 wrote:

You should read the stories about changing lightbulbs in Star Trek....I'll dig the link out sometime...
I read 'em. But I lost the link and wouldn't mind knowing it anyway. BTW have you read the one where the TOS crew get yanked to monster island?
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

http://www.eviloverlord.com/parodies/

There it is....brought to you by the good people at Evil Overlord Inc.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Keevan_Colton wrote:http://www.eviloverlord.com/parodies/

*bookmarks*
EDIT: Funny as hell. Before it's frozen over, of course. :D
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Pcm979 wrote:

*bookmarks*
Of course, there is the actual Evil Overlord list itself aswell.....
100 things to do if you aim for proper world domination ;)
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Keevan_Colton wrote:
Pcm979 wrote:

*bookmarks*
I know. The dungeons are pretty good too. :)
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Pcm979 wrote:
Keevan_Colton wrote:
Pcm979 wrote:*bookmarks*
I know. The dungeons are pretty good too. :)
Number 100 has my vote though. :twisted:
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Keevan_Colton wrote:Number 100 has my vote though. :twisted:
I'm rather partial to 174 myself. :)
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Pcm979 wrote:
Though for a secretary this advice is good
"Mythical guardians will be instructed to ask visitors name, purpose of visit, and whether they have an appointment instead of ancient riddles*." *(such as where the hell those shuttles are coming from) :D
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Keevan_Colton wrote:
Pcm979 wrote:
"Mythical guardians will be instructed to ask visitors name, purpose of visit, and whether they have an appointment instead of ancient riddles*." *(such as where the hell those shuttles are coming from) :D
Seamless loop back into the main topic. Good job. :)
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand

Post by Keevan_Colton »

Pcm979 wrote:
Keevan_Colton wrote:
Pcm979 wrote:I'm rather partial to 174 myself. :)
*bows with a grin*
Thank you very much.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
Pcm979
Rabid Monkey

Post by Pcm979 »

Keevan_Colton wrote:
Pcm979 wrote:
Keevan_Colton wrote: Though for a secretary this advice is good
*bows with a grin*
Thank you very much.
My pleasure.
*cloaks before mods appear*