Dear God...they've actually done it, it's a damned miracle.

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

DocMoriartty wrote:I do not feel like doing the math. Could the writers have screwed up and those 29 decks are just in the saucer section?

Then that bottomless pit could be a shalft running down the neck into the engineering section.

Remember in ST5 the Enterprise A has 100 decks.
Yeah but that ship had a SW style Hyperdrive, better weapons, better crew and all round better stuff. Q clearly pussified star trek. :D
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
Magashi
Redshirt

Red Shirts should never change....

Post by Magashi »

Sea Skimmer wrote:I just love how Picard dispatches Riker and Worf off the bridge while in combat, rather then just having a damn security team deal with it.

The way as I see it, the security team lost 2 ppl WITH the help of Worf and Riker. If they hadn't have run down there like a pair of blithering idiots, they would have had to fight them on the bridge itself, in that the small force of 9 Reman's would have comandeered the ship, heh. Recall that in TNG only 2000 Romulan's are needed to hold a planet in Trek, obviously since the Remans are so much better at ground combat, a fraction of that number should be more than sufficient to wipe out every Red Shirt the E-E has to throw at them. heh
https://www.amazon.com/author/jerrythompsonjr

"Warp Field Stabilized." ~ The Arbitur Tribunal

"On a mountain of skulls, in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood! What was will be! What is will be no more! Now is the season of evil!" ~ Prince Vigo the Carpathian. Also known as Vigo the Cruel, Vigo the Torturer, Vigo the Despised, and Vigo the Unholy.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Ruthless Imperial Tyrant

Post by Grand Admiral Thrawn »

Sea Skimmer wrote:I just love how Picard dispatches Riker and Worf off the bridge while in combat, rather then just having a damn security team deal with it.

It's a fudemental law in ST that bad guy of the week>nameless ensign. Only the combined strength of two main characters is enough.
"You know, I was God once."
"Yes, I saw. You were doing well, until everyone died."
Bender and God, Futurama
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

NecronLord wrote:
DocMoriartty wrote:I do not feel like doing the math. Could the writers have screwed up and those 29 decks are just in the saucer section?

Then that bottomless pit could be a shalft running down the neck into the engineering section.

Remember in ST5 the Enterprise A has 100 decks.
Yeah but that ship had a SW style Hyperdrive, better weapons, better crew and all round better stuff. Q clearly pussified star trek. :D
I have to admit that the engine capabilities are vastly improved, and the crew is clearly of a semi-high caliber (since IIRC they're operating on less than a skeleton crew)... but better weapons? After a near-miss from a photon torpedo doesn't kill them?

To be fair, the torpedo was supposed to have gone down a shaft and exploded beneath the surface... and IIRC on screen there was a delay between when impact should have occurred and detonation, so it could be due to that that the explosion was exceedingly small. But I'm not sure how the weapons are "improved", especially given that they couldn't just stun Paradise City ala "A Piece Of The Action".
Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Patrick Degan »

Or better still, simply sealing off the deck/section completely and either pumping in morph gas or depressurising it altogether.

Let 'em eat vacuum.
EmperorMing
Sith Devotee

Post by EmperorMing »

DocMoriartty wrote:29 cannot be the bottom deck of the ship.

Otherwise where did the bottomless pit the Reman got thrown into lead to?
Another SW ripiff...AKA the Deathstar trench fights with Luke, Lea and awhole buttload of stormies... :P :twisted:

DILLIGAF: Does It Look Like I Give A Fuck

Kill your God!