Music of 'Nemesis'

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Music of 'Nemesis'

Post by Kuja »

I thought it was excellent. The return to the old-school ST theme kept bringing back memories of 2 and 3. The battle music was pulse-pounding, the Starfleet music wass grand and soaring, and when the badasses were around, it got unsettling. Overall, the music was extremely well done, and perfectly fit each scene
JADAFETWA
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Re: Music of 'Nemesis'

Post by Alyeska »

IG-88E wrote:I thought it was excellent. The return to the old-school ST theme kept bringing back memories of 2 and 3. The battle music was pulse-pounding, the Starfleet music wass grand and soaring, and when the badasses were around, it got unsettling. Overall, the music was extremely well done, and perfectly fit each scene
That would be Jerry Goldsmith for you. He does astounding work with his music. That classic Trek theme, the modernized TNG them used in ST5, 8, and 9. The Klingon theme. He is quite good. I also rather liked his music for the movie Air Force One.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
THEHOOLIGANJEDI
Jedi Council Member

Post by THEHOOLIGANJEDI »

I never was really fond of Goldsmith using the TOS fanfare in his Star Trek Scores. He doesn't really need it. Look at the TMP score, it did fine w/o it. While it's a nice touch to his score, I don't think it's necessary, It's way overused. I always preferred his Enterprise theme.
Stupid risks are what make life worth living.-Homer Simpson

-PC Load Letter?! What the Fuck does that mean!?!?!- Micheal Bolton
-Bullshit! I'll bet you can suck a golf ball through a garden hose! - Sgt. Hartman
-I'll bet your the kind of guy who would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the Goddamn common courtesy to give him a reacharound!- Sgt. Hartman