Some Nemesis Glamour pics

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Some Nemesis Glamour pics

Post by Shinova »

Here are some pics (some screen caps) from Nemesis (I hope):

What's her bust size!?

It's over NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!!!!!
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

And yes, there are apparently old warbirds as well as valdores in the movie.
What's her bust size!?

Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

The smoke/explosion in the upper right of the last pic is a direct ripoff of the Challenger explosion. 'Disrespectful asshole' doesn't even begin to describe the VFX person who did that.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
Shinova
Emperor's Hand

Post by Shinova »

Enlightenment wrote:The smoke/explosion in the upper right of the last pic is a direct ripoff of the Challenger explosion. 'Disrespectful asshole' doesn't even begin to describe the VFX person who did that.
So they're all fake?
What's her bust size!?

neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

They look like it. Unless the producers went really low budget on the CGI.
Member of the BotM. @( !.! )@
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Shinova wrote:So they're all fake?
That's not what I said.

Ripping off real explosions for use in CG shots is a fairly common practice and in this case quite legal as NASA images are free for public use. It's just that ripping off the Challenger blast is in extremely poor taste.
It's not my place in life to make people happy. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to watch me slaughter cows you hold sacred. Don't talk to me unless you're prepared to have your basic assumptions challenged. If you want bunnies in light, talk to someone else.
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Enlightenment wrote:
Shinova wrote:So they're all fake?
That's not what I said.

Ripping off real explosions for use in CG shots is a fairly common practice and in this case quite legal as NASA images are free for public use. It's just that ripping off the Challenger blast is in extremely poor taste.
I don't know, maybe it's just the quality of the shots, but they look really poorly done to me.
Laird
Friendly Neighbourhood Asshole

Post by Laird »

Those are screen shots from Voy"Message in a bottle" with a added E-E.
Whoever did those needs to get some Paint/PSP/Photoshop skills those just royally suck!
"LairdCorp, where total dominion is our number one goal!"-LairdCorp's Motto
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Those are fakey mcfake. Those Romulan warbirds didn't appear in the movie at all. Plus I could do a much better job faking images than who ever did that and I'm not all that great with PhotoShop.

And Enlightenments right, that last explosion does look alot like the Challenger explosion, which is so wrong.
Enlightenment
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Enlightenment »

Also note that the UFP ship in the last image appears to be an Akira...
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

Enlightenment wrote:Also note that the UFP ship in the last image appears to be an Akira...
Could be the NX-01 coming from the past to fight the Temporal Cold War during Nemesis. :D
Typhonis 1
Rabid Monkey Scientist
Location: deep within a secret cloning lab hidden in the brotherhood of the monkey thread

Post by Typhonis 1 »

Then the best use that the Scimitar can be put too it to blow them away.BTW why name the damn ship Scimitar if you want to name a truly nasty ship call it Nemesis .It gets the idea across to your foe
Brotherhood of the Bear Monkey Clonemaster , Anti Care Bears League,
Bureaucrat and BOFH of the HAB,
Skunk Works director of the Mecha Maniacs,
Black Mage,

I AM BACK! let the SCIENCE commence!
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Those are all fake. There are no D'Derix class ships in the movie. They've all been replaced by the Scimitar or the laughably poorly designed "Valadore" class, which appears to be some sort of a cruiser design.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

All three shots are poorly done photoshoped pictures. The first and third are both from VGR Message in a Bottle while the second one is a combination of TNG and one of the two movies with the E-E.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

It is the Challenger Explosion.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Yes, it is not just visually similar. It is identical. Like, the exact fucking picture, cut and paste.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Howedar wrote:Yes, it is not just visually similar. It is identical. Like, the exact fucking picture, cut and paste.
Yeah, the idiot was just using photo shop and cutting and pasting. Hell, look at part of the exlopssion in the first picture. It matches up perfectly to one in the second picture. The quality of the pictures themselves is relatively well done, but all in all its a poor design and execution of the idea.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

BTW why name the damn ship Scimitar
It's particularly odd, considering that it's a Reman ship, and a "scimitar" is a human instrument...
The Great and Malignant
neoolong
Dead Sexy 'Shroom

Post by neoolong »

SPOOFE wrote:
BTW why name the damn ship Scimitar
It's particularly odd, considering that it's a Reman ship, and a "scimitar" is a human instrument...
It's a human translation of a Reman word. :D Or bad writing.