Well, that was a whole lot of nothing —SPOILERS

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Master of Ossus wrote:Iggy, remember that the SF personnel were only trying to protect the bridge, too. All they had to do was select a good defensive position and sit still.
I know, but shee-it! They went through all the trouble of showing the whole goddamn crew arming themselves and it ends up as, what, a 7-on-7 or so battle? Jee-zus!
JADAFETWA
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Incidentally, with the Remans clustered so tightly around the one guy, why didn't the UFP just use a photon grenade to knock them all out? An overloaded hand-phaser would have taken several of them.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

IG-88E wrote:And did the Remans hit ANYTHING? Seriously, aside for nailing the walls and the bay door (which they never even THOUGHT of trying to open), they only hit a couple SF people! There's your 'crack troops'. Yeesh. :roll:
The Remans clearly went to the Bond Villain Henchman Correspondants School of Marksmanship and Womanly Arts. :D
I mean, seriously, those Remans got the drop on Data and Picard and shot at them for a full second before Picard and Data found cover and missed every shot, yet got mowed down by Picard.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Gil Hamilton wrote:
IG-88E wrote:And did the Remans hit ANYTHING? Seriously, aside for nailing the walls and the bay door (which they never even THOUGHT of trying to open), they only hit a couple SF people! There's your 'crack troops'. Yeesh. :roll:
The Remans clearly went to the Bond Villain Henchman Correspondants School of Marksmanship and Womanly Arts. :D
I mean, seriously, those Remans got the drop on Data and Picard and shot at them for a full second before Picard and Data found cover and missed every shot, yet got mowed down by Picard.
It happened, again, in the E-E's corridors. The Remans were firing with rifles at Riker and Worf, who were no more than five meters away from them. One sequence, in particular, bothered me, when Worf was completely exposed, and they missed with three consecutive shots before Worf even fired back.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Master of Ossus wrote:It happened, again, in the E-E's corridors. The Remans were firing with rifles at Riker and Worf, who were no more than five meters away from them. One sequence, in particular, bothered me, when Worf was completely exposed, and they missed with three consecutive shots before Worf even fired back.
It's especially funny when you keep in mind Skippy the Clones small speech about how the Remans are a race "bred for WAR!"
Sothis
Jedi Knight

Post by Sothis »

Well, I can't yet speak as someone who's seen Nemesis, though, being a Trekkie, I'm pretty certain I'll enjoy it. What I have noticed is the apparent polarisation of views on the film, between SB and SD, with SB regarding Nemesis favourably, if inconsistant with the technology in places, and very much watchable, whilst on SD, Nemesis is ripped apart scientifically, and slammed as a movie.

Just an observation :)
Hakuna Matata
The Forums of Sothis! http://www.1-2-free-forums.com/mf/sothis.html
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

MKSheppard wrote:
Darth Wong wrote: I guess the writers didn't realize that such a construct would look at home in the Death Star, but not on a relatively small starship. Now the Trekkie fanboys have to invent schematics of the E-E in which a generous amount of space is wasted for this pointless bottomless pit :)
Actually, I think it was a turbolift shaft or at least a FREIGHT turbolift
shaft, which looked pretty damn huge, what with all the lighting being
knocked offline during the battle....
A freight turbolift shaft to where? All of their heavy equipment seems to be pretty heavily fixed in place. Besides, it has a bridge in it.

BTW, why would a ship be designed so that you have to jump through a mail-slot sized hole to get to somewhere, but could stand up and walk freely around the ship, once you're in?