Fleet Size in Nemesis

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Vympel
Spetsnaz
Spetsnaz

Post by Vympel »

Darth Wong wrote: or blaster bolts hitting pieces of sand in the air.
Being the most ridiculous explanation, and the most marginal estimate of Star Wars weapons capabilities (flak bursts would be something that he probably doesn't believe in at all), I'm sure this is what Darkstar thinks :)

Kamikaze Sith, the SPHA-T are the energy weapons that bring down the TF starship. The LAATs are the gunships, and the AT-TEs are ... well of course you know that, right?
Like Legend of Galactic Heroes? Please contribute to http://gineipaedia.com/
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Vympel wrote:
Darth Wong wrote: or blaster bolts hitting pieces of sand in the air.
Kamikaze Sith, the SPHA-T are the energy weapons that bring down the TF starship. The LAATs are the gunships, and the AT-TEs are ... well of course you know that, right?
Thank you for clearing that up. And the answer is yes to your question :D
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Kamakazie Sith wrote:
Master of Ossus wrote:
Vympel wrote:Why are we saying that shields weren't seen on LAATs in AOTC? They're quite obvious for the entire time Obi-Wan and Anakin's LAAT is being chased by the Geonosian fighters. They failed by the time they got to the hangar, and the LAAT was promptly destroyed.
I KNOW THAT. They were also clearly depicted several times in the canonical novelization, and supported by the EU. They exist. Anderson doesn't think so. That's why he's DarkStar.
I thought the LAATs were the energy weapons shooting at the TF Spheres.... :oops:

Guess I should go out and buy my own copy of ICS. :D
The artillery is called an SPHA-T for "Self-Propelled Heavy Artillery--Turbolaser. The LAAT's are the landing craft that look like helicopter gunships.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Silver
Youngling

Post by Silver »

I think I got it! It's all because of Janeway! Maybe she's in charge of that particular sector (read, space near Romulan Neutral Zone) and didn't feel that Picard and crew's warnings were enough to justify an "escalation" in the situation, so she only grabs a few ships and sends them just in case Picard is right after all!

And THAT, boys and girls, is why you should NEVER have Janeway in charge of ANYTHING.