How well do you hope Star Trek: Nemesis will do?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

What do you want to happen to ST:X

Horrible, so bad that Paramount goes bankrupt and lives are lost.
19%
Very, very bad. The last Star Trek movie ever.
4%
Bad, so bad that B&B are fired and we won't see another Star Trek for more than a decade.
30%
ST:X loses money, but no one loses their job over it.
4%
Makes money, if you add in overseas, merchandising, DVD sales/rentals, etc.
6%
Makes money domestically and they start writing another movie right away
6%
Suprise hit, revitalizes the franchise like Goldeneye did for James Bond
11%
Biggest box office of the season / year / ever.
No votes
People begin to worship the collective works of Star Trek! Peace is brought to the world.
21%

Total votes: 53

C.S.Strowbridge
Sore Loser

How well do you hope Star Trek: Nemesis will do?

Post by C.S.Strowbridge »

After almost 30 votes it's seems the average predicted box office take will be about $70 million. Now I want to know what you want to happen. Not so much in raw dollars, but for the future of Star Trek.
C.S.Strowbridge
Sore Loser

You'd think at least one person would want ST:X to revitalize the series. I guess that won't happen till B&B are fired.
Mr. B
Jedi Knight

Post by Mr. B »

ST is doomed, you here me, doomed.

and good riddance
"I got so high last night I figured out how clouds work." - the miracle of marijuana

Legalize It!

Proud Member of the local 404 Professional Cynics Union.

"Every Revolution carries within it the seeds of its own destruction."-Dune
Darksider
Sith Acolyte

Post by Darksider »

i'm conflicted i want B&B to lose their jobs and die on the streets but a want it to be at least a watvhable movie
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

I hope it revitalizes the franchise.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

I hope that if it is good, it will be highly rewarded in the box office and help save the franchise. If it is weak, I hope that it flops so badly that the series is ended for the immediate future, until a new talent takes up the torch in the future.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

If it does well I hope Fox will realise that the less creative input B&B get the better it goes, however Fox would probably take the opposite view and congratulate Berman.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Fox? Don't you mean Paramount?
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
C.S.Strowbridge
Sore Loser

I'd like to see B&B fired, and the next movie revitalize Star Trek.
TheDarkling
Sith Marauder

Post by TheDarkling »

:oops: Yeah I did mean paramount - I was ranting on another board about Fox canceling firefly guess I lumped all idiot tv execs together instead of recognising the many shapes and forms they come in.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

FOX CANCELED FIREFLY?

THEY WILL ALL DIE!
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
C.S.Strowbridge
Sore Loser

HemlockGrey wrote:FOX CANCELED FIREFLY?

THEY WILL ALL DIE!
Not to encourage this off-topicness, but yes, Fox did cancel Firefly. Josh is trying to sell it to another network. Maybe UPN could get it on a two-for-one deal with Buffy.
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

As long as B&B get their asses fired so the series has a chance of being rescued I'm happy. The thing is I *like* Star Trek, well, what ST used to be before it got fucked over by B&B, and I'd like to keep seeing good trek movies for a long time to come.

Edit: And who are all they people that voted for the last option? Honestly now, ST bringing world peace would be nice, but sheesh...ST:N ain't gonna do it.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi
What Kind of Username is That?

Post by Asst. Asst. Lt. Cmdr. Smi »

I'm hoping it both revitalizes the ST fanchise and gets B&B fired. Unfortuately, it seems to be one or the other. Perhaps B&B an get fired, and another ST movie by others can come out a while after.
BotM: Just another monkey|HAB
Kamakazie Sith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Kamakazie Sith »

Maybe if STN does do well Paramount will be enlightened and actually fire B&B.....they did have to bring in outside talent afterall.... :D

However, I hope this gives the franchise new purpose so they can get back on track to boldly taking us where no man has gone before......
beyond hope
Jedi Council Member

Post by beyond hope »

I'm hoping it does well and shows Paramount that there's still life left in the series when B&B's input is removed from the equation. If it's as bad as some reviewers have been saying, I hope Paramount drops the franchise in disgust so that maybe someone with talent has a crack at it.
ArmorPierce
Rabid Monkey
Location: Born and raised in Brooklyn, unfornately presently in Jersey

Post by ArmorPierce »

Oh lookee, I haven't seen you Mr. B for a while.
Brotherhood of the Monkey @( !.! )@
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift. ~Steve Prefontaine
Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer are in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod as a wlohe.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Having seen it, it deserves to flop.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Unfortunately, B&B have their hands so deep in ST now that the executives at Paramount probably cannot see ST without the two, which is really a shame.

If you notice, Rick Berman still has story credit as well as the "Produced By" credit.
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

To quote the IGN review of Nemesis:

"Anyone regularly tuning into Trek's most recent TV incarnations – Voyager and Enterprise – knows exactly what they are going to get, substantively and narratively. And there's rarely, if ever, any deviation. This "sameness" cuts across the board, and permeates nearly every technical element of the franchise as well: editorial sluggishness, photographic stagnancy, and musical repression run rampant. Recently, word has leaked about how such dastardly decisions have come about, and all fingers point to two individuals: franchise overlords Rick Berman and Brannon Braga. "

F*(ing A. As long as B&B are in charge, Star Trek is a dead show walking. Despite all the people who point it out again and again, neither they or Paramount are capable of seeing it. I remember in an interview some time back, Dumber (I.E. Dumb and Dumber = Rick and Braga) said:

"There are some people out there who honestly think Rick and I are morons!"

WELL F*#(ING DUH!
Chris OFarrell
Durandal's Bitch

Post by Chris OFarrell »

Heck just read the review.

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/380/380136p1.html

Some of the stuff that went on, like the DIRECTOR of the movie calling Geordi an Alien, calling Phasers 'Ray Guns'....this, the guy who they got in to direct the movie...doesn't have the first CLUE about Star Trek.