The Enterprise flies for real

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Wicked Pilot wrote:Alright, let's cut straight to the chase here.

JeanLucPicard, I see you fly F-22s, that's very impressive. You have my envy. I must ask, where did you get your commission, where did you attend UPT, IFF, and RTU, and what did you fly there? Do you currently fly out of Nellis or Tyndall?
Like he's going to answer. He'll just come back with; 'I can't say, 'cause it is a secret preciouuuuuuus' .... :wink:
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Crown wrote:
Wicked Pilot wrote:Alright, let's cut straight to the chase here.

JeanLucPicard, I see you fly F-22s, that's very impressive. You have my envy. I must ask, where did you get your commission, where did you attend UPT, IFF, and RTU, and what did you fly there? Do you currently fly out of Nellis or Tyndall?
Like he's going to answer. He'll just come back with; 'I can't say, 'cause it is a secret preciouuuuuuus' .... :wink:
Perhaps he's doing Top Secret work for the Stratigic Defense Instatute? :P
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin
Sir Sirius
Sith Devotee
Location: 6 hr 45 min R.A. and -16 degrees 43 minutes declination

Post by Sir Sirius »

Check out his website, just click the www tab under his posts (or use this link). There probably aren't terribly many 15 year old F-22 pilots with braces...
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Crown wrote: Like he's going to answer. He'll just come back with; 'I can't say, 'cause it is a secret preciouuuuuuus' .... :wink:
He'd be the second to give that responce. I've answered every one of those questions at least once on this board, so that obviousily wouldn't fly. Besides, I already know what most of the answers would have to be.
Sir Sirius wrote:Check out his website, just click the www tab under his posts (or use this link). There probably aren't terribly many 15 year old F-22 pilots with braces...
Wow, I find it interesting how he links to a site claiming Kerry lied about his military service while he runs around claiming to fly the F-22.

And his LDraw models suck too.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Sir Sirius wrote:Check out his website, just click the www tab under his posts (or use this link). There probably aren't terribly many 15 year old F-22 pilots with braces...
I just have to laugh @ that comment! lol! Anyhow, in reality, the closest I can honestly claim to being in the Air Force is the Civil Air Patrol. Any of you guys who are in the Air Force should know what it is. http://cap.gov/
And I cast my crown before God Above
Sayin’ “I don’t deserve this act of love”
Then He picks me up and says to me
“You are my child and I love you, oh you are my child and I love you”
-----------------------------
And I need to take these trials, and listen to what God says
I need to be refined; I need to be strengthened
These trials will teach me, they’ll teach me how to live
I want them to teach me, I want to be like Christ

~~Chorus's to "Casting Crowns" and "These Trials" respectively. By JCS, copyright 2005 JCS
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Wicked Pilot wrote:
And his LDraw models suck too.
Hey! I'm not a LDRAW pro yet ok? I just started doing that stuff a couple months ago. And my computer does't have the power to do really large and complex models. And the cool models that I have made in real life have often been made with parts other than Lego brand name ones. So just chill.

~~Chorus's to "Casting Crowns" and "These Trials" respectively. By JCS, copyright 2005 JCS
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

JeanLucPicard wrote:I just have to laugh @ that comment! lol! Anyhow, in reality, the closest I can honestly claim to being in the Air Force is the Civil Air Patrol. Any of you guys who are in the Air Force should know what it is. http://cap.gov/
I take it you're a CAP Cadet, if the 15 year old comment is to be believed.

That's about as close to being in the Air Force as being in AFJROTC, and that's probably debatable (in favor of the JROTC).

I have had less than positive experiences with them, in case you hadn't guessed. But I'm willing to accept that it just might have been the local Cadet Wing only...
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

CAP eh? That still doesn't explain what the fuck you're talking about with your lucridious claim of being a F-22 pilot. Here's a hint, boy-- Microprose is NOT the USAF...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Elheru Aran wrote:CAP eh? That still doesn't explain what the fuck you're talking about with your lucridious claim of being a F-22 pilot. Here's a hint, boy-- Microprose is NOT the USAF...
well, i fly F-22s in flight sims... :roll: but thats about it. i don't even know how to fly a Cessna yet.

Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

JeanLucPicard wrote:
Elheru Aran wrote:CAP eh? That still doesn't explain what the fuck you're talking about with your lucridious claim of being a F-22 pilot. Here's a hint, boy-- Microprose is NOT the USAF...
well, i fly F-22s in flight sims... :roll: but thats about it. i don't even know how to fly a Cessna yet.
Oh? Let's see...
JeanLucPicard wrote:
Howedar wrote: Excellent, a retard being a retard in a non-closed thread.
*pulls out his phaser*

I'm not a retard, I am a Star Trek "expert". I'm also in the USAF, so watch it.
JeanLucPicard wrote:I'm a F-22 pilot. BE afraid. :twisted:
Care to explain? No? We don't look well upon barely pubescent kneejerk kids who bring up topics along the lines of "OMG TREK PWNZ0RS WARZ SUX!!!11!!!" and boast about being in the Air Force and flying the latest in USAF fighters, claim to have several websites and a forum
JeanLucPicard wrote:U evidently arent' aware that I can biuld entire websites. I have my own forum, my sites are registered in Google, Alta Vista, Yahoo!, and several other directories, and I have friends that know a lot...*ill let you figure out what that means*
and then, after you've been thoroughly browbeaten and lambasted all over the place, admit that you're some pathetic, thoroughly lame fucktard from Jerkwater, USA who's got a thing for Lego, is in the pansy-ass little brother force to AFJROTC, and can't build an Internet message board to save your life?
JeanLucPicard wrote:I don't even know how to create a forum from scratch, ok? Just chill out, you're starting to piss me off. (liek you already havent...)
I think I speak for us all, when I tell you straight out to just plain quit it. We are not impresed. You have a lot of work to do before you're going to get ANY respect here...

I'd say "Concession accepted, moron", but since there was never any debate worthy of the name, I shall merely leave you wallowing in this cesspit you dug yourself into...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

JLP. Mind if I call you Josh?

Well, I don't care if you do or don't because my name is Josh as well, and I'm the one and only. All other Joshs of the world get to use the name because I'm generous about loaning.

Josh.

Please listen to me and take this to heart. You want to fit in here, that's understandable. But don't try to impress us by making things up. Just be yourself, okay? You're obviously an intelligent young man. Just relax, learn how things are done here, and go with the flow.

The reason the F-22 thing pissed a lot of people off is pretty simple. We have a great many board members who are or were active duty members of the military. One of our members, Coyote, is currently in Baghdad, and we do worry about him and wait for him to get back to the states. Another, Lonestar, has been fishing bodies out of the sea over near Indonesia. Cpl Kendall was maimed for life while serving in the Canadian army, and is in a considerable amount of pain on a daily basis because of it. FrigidMagi served in Iraq with the Marines. The list goes on and on here.

Wicked Pilot here risks his life every time he goes into the air.

My son is at Ft. Lewis, Washington, where he just joined the 2nd ACR as a medic. While they're not supposed to deploy for another two years, having just finished an Iraq hitch, if something goes sideways in Korea or with Iran, in all likelihood he will end up going into combat.

It's personal for nearly everyone on the board, and that's why you got so badly hammered over it. I think most will be willing to forgive and forget, though. Frankly, if you don't have anything you look back and cringe at, you thoroughly wasted your youth, and we understand that.

I understand your enthusiasm. There is a lot of interesting things around here, and interesting things to talk about. Just show us what you really have, and you probably will fit in here. Just remember that it can get a bit rough around here, and if you pick a fight you better be able to back what you say, or you will get burned.
Superman
Pink Foamin' at the Mouth

Post by Superman »

Picard, your website says you're a bit too young to be in the USAF. Must be that shining Christian honesty.
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

Petrosjko wrote:*snip*
Man, I've been out of the loop for far too long. I wasn't aware Kendall was injured.

By the way, that's one of the best posts I've seen in a while. You were calm, reasonable and didn't flame him like so many others have done. As such, you shall be given the Aya Medal of Excellence in the field of Diplomacy. *Pins medal on his chest and hands him a "good for one dinner" Dennies coupon.*
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Aya wrote:Man, I've been out of the loop for far too long. I wasn't aware Kendall was injured.

By the way, that's one of the best posts I've seen in a while. You were calm, reasonable and didn't flame him like so many others have done. As such, you shall be given the Aya Medal of Excellence in the field of Diplomacy. *Pins medal on his chest and hands him a "good for one dinner" Dennies coupon.*
Well, I did call him a 'lying sack of shit' earlier on, and write a nasty spoof about his proclaimed F-22 piloting l33tnese over in AMP, so in all fairness I can't really accept the award.

I will, however, accept the Denny's coupon without remorse, because Denny's is my favorite chain restaurant.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

I find it fascinating that while the lad doesn't deny anything directly, and tries to laugh along with much of his bullshit, he never just outright admits he was talking through his ass because a) he thought we were people like him and b) he wants to impress people. I think thats lame; he even responds to posts, but edits OUT parts like 'says Kerry lies about his military service, but lies himself' etc. What does that say about him?
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

He probably is quite used to being the apple of his parents eye, for one thing. The way he thrusts his qualifications forward is indicative that they probably are highly impressed with such things as his CAP membership, debate club performance and so on. I wouldn't be surprised to find out his parents rattle off his various educational highlights when playing the eternal parental game of 'my kid is better than yours'.

So it follows that he learns that outside certifications of qualification loom large in his mind as being the measure of a man, as it were. Combine this with the anonymity of the net and the fact that on most boards one generally doesn't face a mod tracing their IP shortly after a ludicrous claim is made, and he felt quite safe in pulling things out of his ass.
LordShaithis
Redshirt

Post by LordShaithis »

Retards like this are great reading material. I go now to look up his other contributions.

"Stop making personal attacks or I'll call the admin!"

What I wouldn't have given for Mike to come in and say "Hello, I own this website. Fuck you." :lol:
If Religion and Politics were characters on a soap opera, Religion would be the one that goes insane with jealousy over Politics' intimate relationship with Reality, and secretly murder Politics in the night, skin the corpse, and run around its apartment wearing the skin like a cape shouting "My votes now! All votes for me! Wheeee!" -- Lagmonster
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

He had a reasonably lengthy exchange with DW over in the HoS.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

JLP, you shouldn't be bothered by swearing or name-calling, especially if the one doing so has a damn good reason. As Darth Wong has said in the past, "...they're just words. Fuck, fuck, fuckity fuck. See?"
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Winston Blake
Sith Devotee

Post by Winston Blake »

Robert Gilruth to Max Faget on the Apollo program: “Max, we’re going to go back there one day, and when we do, they’re going to find out how tough it is.”
unigolyn
Youngling

Post by unigolyn »

F-22 pilot? Big whoop.

If you look closely at that japanese video, you'll notice that there's a tiny person actually piloting the model Enterprise.

Yes, it is indeed me. I am 3/4 inches tall, and have a pink belt in Savaté. I type on this board by hopping on the keyboard. My penis is three feet long.

Prove me wrong!
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

unigolyn wrote:F-22 pilot? Big whoop.

If you look closely at that japanese video, you'll notice that there's a tiny person actually piloting the model Enterprise.

Yes, it is indeed me. I am 3/4 inches tall, and have a pink belt in Savaté. I type on this board by hopping on the keyboard. My penis is three feet long.

Prove me wrong!
Way to add to the thread. How about you actually try posting something relevent, instead of a +1 post.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
unigolyn
Youngling

Post by unigolyn »

Aya wrote:Way to add to the thread. How about you actually try posting something relevent, instead of a +1 post.
About as relevant as half of this thread, including the post preceding mine. I could care less about my post count.

(edit: fixed quotes)
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Way to go flaming someone who is already dealt with. unigolyn, watch the mee-tooing. Kissing ass doesn't get you anywhere at SD.net.

Thread locked.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."