The Enterprise flies for real

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Alyeska wrote:Just to clear things up. You would be surprised what you can make fly when you have enough power.

"Flies pretty good for a brick"
Yes, you can make anything "fly" with enough power. I put "fly" in quotes because a brick cannot "fly". It does not generate its own lift hardly, it is propelled by the force that launched it.
And I cast my crown before God Above
Sayin’ “I don’t deserve this act of love”
Then He picks me up and says to me
“You are my child and I love you, oh you are my child and I love you”
-----------------------------
And I need to take these trials, and listen to what God says
I need to be refined; I need to be strengthened
These trials will teach me, they’ll teach me how to live
I want them to teach me, I want to be like Christ

~~Chorus's to "Casting Crowns" and "These Trials" respectively. By JCS, copyright 2005 JCS
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Given the weight of the Enterprise and its relatively bad areodynamic surfaces, it is not going to fly without significant power. For all intents and purposes it can't fly without very special circumstances. Case closed.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Howedar wrote:You're not making this any better for yourself.Yes, it is much clearer that you do not know what you are talking about. We already know you're a pretender and a liar, now we also know you're an idiot.
I am not going to continue this debate because of your personal attacks. They are uncalled for and are very rude and disrespectful. I have not personally attacked you once, I have been polite and I have tried to remain consise. But since you seem to enjoy dissing other people without justification, I will no longer debate you on this subject. I also suggest that you recieve a warning or are banned for your uncalled verbal abuse. Remember, I have said nothing offensive to you and I have not personally attacked you.

~~Chorus's to "Casting Crowns" and "These Trials" respectively. By JCS, copyright 2005 JCS
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Stop trying to bullshit your way past us. We already know you outright lied to us.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

JeanLucPicard wrote:
Howedar wrote:You're not making this any better for yourself.Yes, it is much clearer that you do not know what you are talking about. We already know you're a pretender and a liar, now we also know you're an idiot.
I am not going to continue this debate because of your personal attacks. They are uncalled for and are very rude and disrespectful. I have not personally attacked you once, I have been polite and I have tried to remain consise. But since you seem to enjoy dissing other people without justification, I will no longer debate you on this subject. I also suggest that you recieve a warning or are banned for your uncalled verbal abuse. Remember, I have said nothing offensive to you and I have not personally attacked you.
Oh please, please PM Mike and try to get him to ban Howedar because of this. I SO want to see his reply :D
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

JeanLucPicard wrote:I am not going to continue this debate because of your personal attacks. They are uncalled for and are very rude and disrespectful
They are called for because of your dishonest and disrespectful impersonation of a military officer. I've got a lot of friends bleeding in Iraq and putting their lives on the line flying military aircraft and I do not take kindly to some snot-nosed kid from Illinois pretending to be one.
I have not personally attacked you once,
You have personally attacked the million or so people who serve this country in the US Military. You have also claimed expertise in my field and in doing so have denegrated it. An attack on my profession is a personal attack.
I have been polite and I have tried to remain consise. But since you seem to enjoy dissing other people without justification, I will no longer debate you on this subject.
I have ample justification.
I also suggest that you recieve a warning or are banned for your uncalled verbal abuse.
That's pretty fucking funny. Read the forum FAQ or the terms of service.
Remember, I have said nothing offensive to you and I have not personally attacked you.
Lying is offensive. Professing knowledge on a subject you clearly know nothing about is offensive.
Last edited by Howedar on 2005-01-13 01:46pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Alyeska wrote:Stop trying to bullshit your way past us. We already know you outright lied to us.
You cannot say that because you have no proof that I am lying about anything.

I would advise caution. I have done formal debate and speech competition and I am highly skiled in the arts of rhetoric, logic, forensics, and debate. I don't want to get into a personal attack debate, but if I have to, I will not be abusive and make derogatory comments about who I am debating.

Now please CUT OUT THE ABUSE!!!!!!!

Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Jean-Luc, I am a mod. I traced your IP. Your not an F/A-22 pilot, so sit down and shut up.

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Your IP is from Illinois. There are no F-22s in Illinois.
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Howedar wrote:
JeanLucPicard wrote:I am not going to continue this debate because of your personal attacks. They are uncalled for and are very rude and disrespectful
They are called for because of your dishonest and disrespectful impersonation of a military officer. I've got a lot of friends bleeding in Iraq and putting their lives on the line flying military aircraft and I do not take kindly to some snot-nosed kid from Illinois pretending to be one.
I have not personally attacked you once,
You have personally attacked the million or so people who serve this country in the US Military. You have also claimed expertise in my field and in doing so have denegrated it. An attack on my profession is a personal attack.
I have been polite and I have tried to remain consise. But since you seem to enjoy dissing other people without justification, I will no longer debate you on this subject.
I have ample justification.
I also suggest that you recieve a warning or are banned for your uncalled verbal abuse.
That's pretty fucking funny. Read the forum FAQ or the terms of service.
Remember, I have said nothing offensive to you and I have not personally attacked you.
Lying is offensive. Professing knowledge on a subject you clearly know nothing about is offensive.
I have just one thing to say: Prove It.

I have not lied.

Just please quit the attacks and we can pretend this never happened and I will forget about it.

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

See above.
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Howedar wrote:Your IP is from Illinois. There are no F-22s in Illinois.
My home is in IL. My base is not.

Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

Oh, so of course you commute a thousand miles to work. Furthermore no ACC pilot would have his "home base" at an AMC base.
Crown
NARF

Post by Crown »

Chardok wrote:
Howedar wrote:Excellent, a retard being a retard in a non-closed thread.

It doesn't fly well, and the "overall aerodynamics" of the ship are shit. Put that motor on anything resembling an airplane shape and it would have been out of sight. The thing flew in the same sense as a board with engines would fly. Give it enough power and things will happen.
My dad used to always say "The F-4 is proof that the old adage 'If you put enough thrust behind a rock, it'll fly' is 100% correct". It just neat to see it in action again. Still...quite an accomplishment. I'm working on getting my monitor airborne. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I need to get in touch with shep...I hear tell he has some surplus rocket motors....
Don't mock the F-4 ... it was the last 'true' aerodynamic fighter before FBW came in with 'relaxed stability' this and 'relaxed stability' that! 8)
Η ζωή, η ζωή εδω τελειώνει!
"Science is one cold-hearted bitch with a 14" strap-on" - Masuka 'Dexter'
"Angela is not the woman you think she is Gabriel, she's done terrible things"
"So have I, and I'm going to do them all to you." - Sylar to Arthur 'Heroes'
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Crown wrote: Don't mock the F-4 ... it was the last 'true' aerodynamic fighter before FBW came in with 'relaxed stability' this and 'relaxed stability' that! 8)
I'm reasonably certain that honor belongs to the F-15, which while having computer-aided flight control does not have 'relaxed static stability'.
While we're at it, neither does the F/A-18, IIRC.

tagEDITed to fix italics. This is obvously a bad day for me to play
Last edited by Batman on 2005-01-13 02:41pm, edited 1 time in total.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

Oi! You wont hear any arghuments from ME that the phantom was a gorgeous plane. In fact, everytime I try to draw a jet, it ends up a phantom. And what is this relaxed stability garbage you're barking on about?
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Chardok wrote: And what is this relaxed stability garbage you're barking on about?
CAVEAT: This information is of ' read it somewhere some time ago. I think' quality and thus subject to severe deconstruction by the HAB.

'Relaxed Static Stability' is the concept used by the F-16 to achieve its maneuverability. While not a 'fully' 'Control Configured Vehicle' like,say, the F-117* (i.e. it won't fall out of the sky if the flight control computer quits), it DOES need continuous control inputs to stay stable (unlike, say the F-4 (who has a special place in my heart, too,) which will basically fly straight and level if nobody touches the controls-assuming it was straight and level to begin with, of course). Furthermore, 'clasic' aircraft are designed to, at least to some degree, recover from spins/flat spins and such without pilot interference (given enough altitude, of course). Relaxed Static Stability/CCV aircraft-well, aren't.

*Somebody have a clue why the Wobblin Goblin has a Century series designation?
SirNitram
Rest in Peace, Black Mage

Post by SirNitram »

*In regards to the video*

That's pretty sweet. When the Japanese do wierd, they do not half-ass it.

*In regards to the newest trektard*

Dear lord, how did I not see this coming? 'I'm an expert debator, F-22 pilot, and can make sites that'll get you in BIG TROUBLE! NOW STOP CALLING ME NAMES YOU MEANIE HEADS!!!!!'

Ten bucks he's not even had his balls drop yet...
Manic Progressive: A liberal who violently swings from anger at politicos to despondency over them.

Out Of Context theatre: Ron Paul has repeatedly said he's not a racist. - Destructinator XIII on why Ron Paul isn't racist.

Shadowy Overlord - BMs/Black Mage Monkey - BOTM/Jetfire - Cybertron's Finest/General Miscreant/ASVS/Supermoderator Emeritus

Debator Classification: Trollhunter
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

F-22 pilot...

Your rank, sir?
(Junior. You MAY be in AFJROTC)

Where did you attend flight training school?
(Please, do not lie. there is a member of the board who can confirm your bullshit in a heartbeat. he IS a pilot. A wicked one.)

how many hours do you have behind the stick?
(Before you answer, lemme just slip in a preemptive "liar.")

from what university did you graduate, if I may be so bold?

Can you name some debate competitions you've participated in?

What is the unladen flight speed of a swallow?
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Chardok wrote:F-22 pilot...

Your rank, sir?
(Junior. You MAY be in AFJROTC)

Where did you attend flight training school?
(Please, do not lie. there is a member of the board who can confirm your bullshit in a heartbeat. he IS a pilot. A wicked one.)

how many hours do you have behind the stick?
(Before you answer, lemme just slip in a preemptive "liar.")

from what university did you graduate, if I may be so bold?

Can you name some debate competitions you've participated in?

What is the unladen flight speed of a swallow?
*please refer to the "Delta Flyer vs. X-Wing" thread in the HoS forum.*

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

Captain Picard, that was ALREADY an improvement over your previous behavior. Not half bad.
Keevan_Colton
Emperor's Hand
Location: In the Land of Logic and Reason, two doors down from Lilliput and across the road from Atlantis...

Post by Keevan_Colton »

JeanLucPicard wrote: *please refer to the "Delta Flyer vs. X-Wing" thread in the HoS forum.*
I take it you mean this bit:
ok, I lied. Im sorry. All I wanted to see was your reactions. I won't do it again.

Now, please stop swearing @ me. It's not nice.
Lying isnt fucking nice. Now run along and play...
Last edited by Keevan_Colton on 2005-01-13 04:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Prodesse Non Nocere."
"It's all about popularity really, if your invisible friend that tells you to invade places is called Napoleon, you're a loony, if he's called Jesus then you're the president."
"I'd drive more people insane, but I'd have to double back and pick them up first..."
"All it takes for bullshit to thrive is for rational men to do nothing." - Kevin Farrell, B.A. Journalism.
BOTM - EBC - Horseman - G&C - Vampire
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

Batman wrote:Captain Picard, that was ALREADY an improvement over your previous behavior. Not half bad.
Sometimes spitting on something does result in a somewhat polishing effect...
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Thankx!

As for the debate tournaments I have been in (which is something I can answer) I have been to the IL OPEN 2 years in a row, the Pepria OPEN once, multiple practice tournaments, and lots of after-tourney-parties at Portillos.

Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

JeanLucPicard wrote:Thankx!
As for the debate tournaments I have been in (which is something I can answer) I have been to the IL OPEN 2 years in a row, the Pepria OPEN once, multiple practice tournaments, and lots of after-tourney-parties at Portillos.
You don't seem to have learned all that much, I'm afraid to say.