The Enterprise flies for real

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

JeanLucPicard wrote:Thankx!
As for the debate tournaments I have been in (which is something I can answer) I have been to the IL OPEN 2 years in a row, the Pepria OPEN once, multiple practice tournaments, and lots of after-tourney-parties at Portillos.
You don't seem to have learned all that much, I'm afraid to say.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Slartibartfast
Emperor's Hand

Post by Slartibartfast »

JeanLucPicard wrote:I don't want to get into a personal attack debate, but if I have to, I will not be abusive and make derogatory comments about who I am debating.
If you have to, you won't be abusive! WE'RE SHAKING!
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Batman wrote:
As for the debate tournaments I have been in (which is something I can answer) I have been to the IL OPEN 2 years in a row, the Pepria OPEN once, multiple practice tournaments, and lots of after-tourney-parties at Portillos.
Actually, from what I've seen, he's learned enough to make a great politician.
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Batman wrote:
What do you mean? I just answered his question?
And I cast my crown before God Above
Sayin’ “I don’t deserve this act of love”
Then He picks me up and says to me
“You are my child and I love you, oh you are my child and I love you”
-----------------------------
And I need to take these trials, and listen to what God says
I need to be refined; I need to be strengthened
These trials will teach me, they’ll teach me how to live
I want them to teach me, I want to be like Christ

~~Chorus's to "Casting Crowns" and "These Trials" respectively. By JCS, copyright 2005 JCS
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Go away "Captain Picard". Why the hell don't we get Luke Skywalker or Palpatine, why do we always get the Picards and Worfs. Fuck.

Brian
Robert Walper
Dishonest Resident Borg Fan-Whore

Post by Robert Walper »

brianeyci wrote:Go away "Captain Picard". Why the hell don't we get Luke Skywalker or Palpatine, why do we always get the Picards and Worfs. Fuck.

Brian
Now now, ease up Brian. Remember when you first got here? While Jean here certainly has some "making up" to do, I'm willing to give him a little slack.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

JeanLucPicard wrote:
Batman wrote:
He means that despite your claims of debating skills and experience, you're not really acting like one who has that.
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Yeah but I didn't claim to be a F-22 pilot. He knowingly lied, that's horrible, why would he do that other than to get attention.

Brian
JeanLucPicard
Village Idiot

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Robert Walper wrote:
JeanLucPicard wrote:
Batman wrote: You don't seem to have learned all that much, I'm afraid to say.
He means that despite your claims of debating skills and experience, you're not really acting like one who has that.
ahhh....i see....*makes a mental note*
And I cast my crown before God Above
Sayin’ “I don’t deserve this act of love”
Then He picks me up and says to me
“You are my child and I love you, oh you are my child and I love you”
-----------------------------
And I need to take these trials, and listen to what God says
I need to be refined; I need to be strengthened
These trials will teach me, they’ll teach me how to live
I want them to teach me, I want to be like Christ

~~Chorus's to "Casting Crowns" and "These Trials" respectively. By JCS, copyright 2005 JCS
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

brianeyci wrote:Yeah but I didn't claim to be a F-22 pilot. He knowingly lied, that's horrible, why would he do that other than to get attention.

Brian
True. I'm giving him a second chance, but even with me the rope is pretty short. I'm hoping we can turn him. To a productive member of SDN I mean. ;)
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

You mean assimilate him.

Resistance is futile.

Brian
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

I seriously doubt anything good will come of this one, Robert.

Brian's right. He flat-out lied and tried to substantiate his arguments with bullshit claims of his experience. And like Howedar, I take that kind of thing rather personally.

Fuck him. Worthless lying sack of shit.
Robert Walper

Post by Robert Walper »

Consider me overly optimistic I suppose. *nods* But yeah, I should let him redeem or hang himself on his own merits.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Robert Walper wrote:Consider me overly optimistic I suppose. *nods* But yeah, I should let him redeem or hang himself on his own merits.
But how can he hang himself if you only gave him a short rope, Walper? :D

So people...the flying NCC1701: pretty cool huh?
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

JeanLucPicard wrote:I have just one thing to say: Prove It.

I have not lied.

Just please quit the attacks and we can pretend this never happened and I will forget about it.
You fucking troll. You tried to bullshit your way through a debate and it backfired. You can stay the fuck out of the PST for all I care. Your on real thin ice.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Alright, let's cut straight to the chase here.

JeanLucPicard, I see you fly F-22s, that's very impressive. You have my envy. I must ask, where did you get your commission, where did you attend UPT, IFF, and RTU, and what did you fly there? Do you currently fly out of Nellis or Tyndall?
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Chmee
Sith Marauder

Post by Chmee »

Chardok wrote:Oi! You wont hear any arghuments from ME that the phantom was a gorgeous plane. In fact, everytime I try to draw a jet, it ends up a phantom. And what is this relaxed stability garbage you're barking on about?
I'm late to this particular party, but had to throw in my 2 pennies to praise the Phantom. I truly miss the days when both the Angels and T-Birds flew F-4's. Hornets are nimble, but I don't quite get the same feeling of awe from them that I got seeing the Angels light up the afterburners on a formation takeoff in F-4's.

Please resume your stoning, already in progress.
[img=right]http://www.tallguyz.com/imagelib/chmeesig.jpg[/img]My guess might be excellent or it might be crummy, but
Mrs. Spade didn't raise any children dippy enough to
make guesses in front of a district attorney,
an assistant district attorney, and a stenographer

Sam Spade, "The Maltese Falcon"

Operation Freedom Fry
Vertigo1
Defender of the Night

Post by Vertigo1 »

Ok "JeanLucPicard", since you claim to be in the air force, flying an F-22 while living in Illinois, I challenge you to PROVE it. I want to see a picture of you IN UNIFORM. I also want to see a picture of you standing next to your vehicle clearly showing your base sticker, and I also want to see a scan of your base ID. What is your real name, rank, and when you were last promoted? Where were you last stationed? Who is your commanding officer? And don't give me that "its classified" shit because anyone that has had relatives or friends in the military will know otherwise.

The very fact that you are outright LYING about serving in the military is an insult to those brave enough to actually sign up and serve abroad, and is grounds for every single one of them looking your pissy ass up and giving you the asskicking you so richly deserve.
"I once asked Rebecca to sing Happy Birthday to me during sex. That was funny, especially since I timed my thrusts to sync up with the words. And yes, it was my birthday." - Darth Wong

Leader of the SD.Net Gargoyle Clan | Spacebattles Firstone | Twitter
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

From the sound of things, I am closer to flying the F-22 than he is, and the only thing I can claim is that once I met a F-117A pilot and got his autograph on a print of the plane in flight at the El Toro Air Show. (I have discussed the fact that NO part of the US armed services will take me before.)

Edit: Is this thread going to be moved to HoS? This guy needs more horsemanizing.

Edited on December 14, 2005 00:00 PST (Timing is a wonderful thing)
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Jason L. Miles wrote:From the sound of things, I am closer to flying the F-22 than he is, and the only thing I can claim is that once I met a F-117A pilot and got his autograph on a print of the plane in flight at the El Toro Air Show. (I have discussed the fact that NO part of the US armed services will take me before.)

Edit: Is this thread going to be moved to HoS? This guy needs more horsemanizing.

I think he's been vultured enough. Looking at his 'Christian Songs you Wrote' thread, it's pretty obvious that he's a kid trying to play in the grown-up section. If he keeps making an ass out of himself, he gets what he deserves, but otherwise, it's probably for the best to just leave it lie.
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

Petrosjko wrote:
Jason L. Miles wrote:From the sound of things, I am closer to flying the F-22 than he is, and the only thing I can claim is that once I met a F-117A pilot and got his autograph on a print of the plane in flight at the El Toro Air Show. (I have discussed the fact that NO part of the US armed services will take me before.)

I think he's been vultured enough. Looking at his 'Christian Songs you Wrote' thread, it's pretty obvious that he's a kid trying to play in the grown-up section. If he keeps making an ass out of himself, he gets what he deserves, but otherwise, it's probably for the best to just leave it lie.
I hadn't gotten below this forum when I posted this. ( I read from the top down) I hadn't realized he had anything other than this one and the XWvsDF thread.
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Jason L. Miles wrote:I hadn't gotten below this forum when I posted this. ( I read from the top down) I hadn't realized he had anything other than this one and the XWvsDF thread.
No sweat, Jason. I wasn't intending to come across as berating you for your behavior or anything. I was pissed off enough I wrote a spoof F-22 song, but upon actually reading his lyrics, I'm thinking it's his parents that deserve the most thorough Horsemanizing imaginable. Yay for home schooling.

He's been an irritating little prick, but he'll either shape up, leave, or get used to getting his ass verbally kicked.
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Crazedwraith wrote:But how can he hang himself if you only gave him a short rope, Walper? :D
That ain't a rope for hangin' by his hand: it's a rope for garoting, by ours.

That's actuaally pretty nifty, watching it fly around like that. Even if we've concluded that it's as aerodynamic as a rock, for the sake of watching it soar around like that, I'll gladly put away the deliberation made thus far.

By the way, gentlemen: do my eyes decieve me, or is that a VF-01 Valkyrie three spaces above the NCC-1701? :D
Questor
Jedi Council Member

Post by Questor »

Petrosjko wrote:No sweat, Jason. I wasn't intending to come across as berating you for your behavior or anything.
I wrote what I did because I felt like an ass after I did a search on his name, as an admission of hasty response.
I was pissed off enough I wrote a spoof F-22 song, but upon actually reading his lyrics, I'm thinking it's his parents that deserve the most thorough Horsemanizing imaginable. Yay for home schooling.
Home schooling is hard, both on the child and on the parent. My parents tried it for a year with my youngest sister, it was not a very succesful experiment. Even the best teacher has blind spots for thier own children, and children almost invariably have some issues tied up with thier parents. Most home schoolered children that I have met end up behind even those who come out of public schools. (Of course, we have a good school system here, so my statement might be based on non-typical data.)

This guy mentioned that he is in High School and is being home schooled, which suggests to me that he will get even farther behind, especially in Math and Science.
He's been an irritating little prick, but he'll either shape up, leave, or get used to getting his ass verbally kicked.
Aside from his claim to be in the Air Force, I really don't have any issues with him, but he needed to be jumped on with both feet for that. I have very little tolerance for people who lie about that sort of thing. (Same goes for claiming to be a cop, fire-fighter, or EMT.)
Petrosjko
Sith Acolyte

Post by Petrosjko »

Jason L. Miles wrote:Home schooling is hard, both on the child and on the parent. My parents tried it for a year with my youngest sister, it was not a very succesful experiment. Even the best teacher has blind spots for thier own children, and children almost invariably have some issues tied up with thier parents. Most home schoolered children that I have met end up behind even those who come out of public schools. (Of course, we have a good school system here, so my statement might be based on non-typical data.)

This guy mentioned that he is in High School and is being home schooled, which suggests to me that he will get even farther behind, especially in Math and Science.
Not only that, but all the examples I've seen tend to end up with social difficulties because they don't learn how to deal with people outside of their own families. I think we're looking at a classic example here. He starts out with lies, proceeds to threats, then folds.
Aside from his claim to be in the Air Force, I really don't have any issues with him, but he needed to be jumped on with both feet for that. I have very little tolerance for people who lie about that sort of thing. (Same goes for claiming to be a cop, fire-fighter, or EMT.)
Yeah, that's what flared me up. But he also came across with threats against the board (ridiculous as they were) and otherwise made an ass out of himself. But the obvious negligence here is in his upbringing.

*shrugs*

It's really just sad, when you look at it. Another one destined for the RR board.