The other trek series get movies (RAR!)

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: The other trek series get movies (RAR!)

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Oh I get that. And to continue my point, even those films include some looming monstrous threat/enemy that could wipe away the Big E. V'Ger almost does IIRC. The Whale Probe disables several starships including the Yorktown, of the same design as the Big E herself. And, well, God (or whatever) is probably a potent-ish threat, if it wasn't such a shit film.

So yeah, do something different. Don't have a villain, or even an enemy. Apollo 13, The Martian, Passengers, even Titanic showed you can have a big, action-filled, dramatic and entertaining story without a bad guy to shoot in the face.

Now I'm not saying that Trek films with villains are bad. Mostly. TWOK, TUC, STFC are all outstanding films. But virtually every other film tries to piggyback on the same formula for better or worse. So do something different. Explore!
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

SolarpunkFan wrote: 2017-08-27 10:41am
Prometheus Unbound wrote: 2017-08-26 01:08pmThey didn't. They stranded him on an asteroid back in the DQ. You know, that Talaxian colony that was 50,000 light years from Talaxia with no explanation even though no Talaxian had gone further than the Nekrit Expanse which is about 1,000 light years from the caretaker but whatever. Second to last episode.
Yeah. I know now. :P

I still say the Feds would want to put everyone except 7 of 9 and the EMH on board and send them on a one-way trip to horny salamanderism. Because it's the Voyager crew, what more need I say? :twisted:
"Commander, if I bombard them with warp particles, it will reverse the evolution."

"Doctor, that doesn't even begin to make sense, but are you saying you can make them human again?"

"Yes, absolutely. About 3 minutes sitting in this box, and they're right as rain. They even grow back their old hair styles and everything - makeup, eyelash extensions... everything."

"So you're telling me that we have a new form of space flight that can instantly get us home, and the only downside is sitting in a box for 3 minutes?"

"Yes. Also the transformation doesn't take place for 12 hours after the fact, so actually, no one would even notice a thing."

"Excellent work Doctor. B'Elanna, what's your opinion?"

"He's absolutely right. And with these simple modifications, Voyager can make the trip herself."

"Good work everyone. Now delete everything in the computer that refers to it. Doctor, after the procedure with Paris and the Captain, I order you to wipe our memories of the last 48 hours and then delete your databanks also."

"Yes, Commander."
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I can see Janeway (or at least SFDebris-style parody Janeway) ordering the data purged just because she doesn't want their to be any record of getting turned into a salamander and screwing her helmsman. And you know, I can't say I'd blame her.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.