Do we know what 2210s Starfleet uniforms looked like?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Do we know what 2210s Starfleet uniforms looked like?

Post by Lord Revan »

Simple enough:is there any canon or official depiction of what starfleet uniforms in the 2210s looked like (I know of Franklin uniforms from the late 22nd century and the Kelvin ones from 2230s)?

Also if there's no official or canon depictions what do you think they would look like?
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Re: Do we know what 2210s Starfleet uniforms looked like?

Post by Q99 »

I presume that was when Starfleet went through it's brief nudist phase.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

No idea. Some transitional garment between Enterprise/Franklin jumpsuits and TOS style velour shirts/pants.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

I wish there'd be flashbacks to different eras where they did try and go for some retro-styles. Like a more retro-50s or 70s future instead of TOS's retro 60s?
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

Elheru Aran wrote:No idea. Some transitional garment between Enterprise/Franklin jumpsuits and TOS style velour shirts/pants.
Don't forget The Cage ones - this is between Ent and The Cage (though close to The Cage).

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com ... 73944.pjpg
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

there's also the uniforms worn by the crew of the USS Kelvin that's in 2230s
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

This unfortunately seems like an era with little exploration. Looking at the timeline of Trek on Wikipedia it goes from 2196 with the end of the Daedalus class's service to 2222 when Scotty is born. Memory Alpha is little better with the entry for 2210 being two bits, one about a mining colony and another about the Zeon establishing a colony. Very scant information.

My best guess is they'd probably be something like the traditional style two piece Kelvin uniforms as the Kelvin was destroyed in the 2230s, not a long time after 2210. The Franklin uniforms are still jumpsuits not too far removed from ENT uniforms and are possibly even former United Earth uniforms with the Franklin being in service only 4 years after the founding the Federation. Most likely at the time everyone was still using their own equipment rather then a Starfleet standard.

It kinda sucks that Enterprise was set when it was, I think it could maybe have been far more interesting if it was set during the founding of the Federation and then its early days rather then well before when nothing interesting was happening.
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

Joun_Lord wrote:It kinda sucks that Enterprise was set when it was, I think it could maybe have been far more interesting if it was set during the founding of the Federation and then its early days rather then well before when nothing interesting was happening.
I was under the impression that it was meant to continue past the Romulan War and founding of the Federation, but was cancelled.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

houser2112 wrote:
Joun_Lord wrote:It kinda sucks that Enterprise was set when it was, I think it could maybe have been far more interesting if it was set during the founding of the Federation and then its early days rather then well before when nothing interesting was happening.
I was under the impression that it was meant to continue past the Romulan War and founding of the Federation, but was cancelled.
more or less, the romulan arc in season 4 was build up for the Earth Romulan war and there were plans for the war itself to be included in season 5 and beyond but those never happend (including a a refitted NX-class that looks more like the connie from TOS, the refit NX from STO is good repetensation of what it might have looked like if the design team got their wish).
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

Lord Revan wrote:
houser2112 wrote:
more or less, the romulan arc in season 4 was build up for the Earth Romulan war and there were plans for the war itself to be included in season 5 and beyond but those never happend (including a a refitted NX-class that looks more like the connie from TOS, the refit NX from STO is good repetensation of what it might have looked like if the design team got their wish).
So... it was set a little before the founding of the Federation, and would have included the founding if it had run its course as planned. Are you complaining that it wasn't set right at the founding so the vagaries of the television industry wouldn't have interfered in your dream?
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

houser2112 wrote:
Lord Revan wrote:
houser2112 wrote: I was under the impression that it was meant to continue past the Romulan War and founding of the Federation, but was cancelled.
So... it was set a little before the founding of the Federation, and would have included the founding if it had run its course as planned. Are you complaining that it wasn't set right at the founding so the vagaries of the television industry wouldn't have interfered in your dream?
I'm not complaining anything, just informing as I'm not the same person as Joun_Lord, nor can I speak for him.
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

So you are not, sorry for the confusion. So Joun_Lord, what are you complaining about?
Joun_Lord
Jedi Master

Post by Joun_Lord »

houser2112 wrote:So you are not, sorry for the confusion. So Joun_Lord, what are you complaining about?
Beyond complaining that the whole affair was mismanaged and another instance alongside Voyager of a very interesting concept flushed down the toilet, my complaint was it spent too long on boring fluff well before the Romulan War or the Founding. Two seasons of aimless fluff with the overall villain being so unfleshed out they didn't even have a name for him, a season that was marginally better but about stuff nobody cared about, and finally a season showing the prelude to the Romulan war, showing the creation of the Vulcans we know today, the groundwork for the Federation.

I understand they couldn't jump straight into the action but they didn't need to have 5 fucking seasons to finally get to what the interesting stuff. Atleast have a story arc or theme beyond the meandering Temporal Cold War that was boring as fuck and so shallow that again they didn't even have a name for the villain, the whole thing was not thought out. If they had just spent a season letting use get to know the crew of crazy people including, an angry bigoted hobo, a cold emotionless set of boobs that someone forgot to add a character to atleast until they make her a crackhead, a woman scared of everything, a genocidal Zoidberg doctor, a guy thats been in space, and the one competent guy I'm fairly certain is sexually aroused by weapons.

Enterprise was on a short rope with the fans and presumably the networks after the failure of Voyager and the general fatigue of 3 previous Trek series that had been running for over decade at that point nobody was really ready to cut it much slack. It didn't really have the luxury of playing with itself for several seasons.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The Temporal Cold War wasn't a bad idea so much as that they screwed the execution by not having a plan for it, even "future guy" would have worked (and did work in STO as the Envoy Spoiler
aka Noye
but the key there was having a plan on what to do and that's a big deal long term time travel storyline like this as timetravel stories are problematic at best of times).
houser2112
Padawan Learner

Post by houser2112 »

I'll admit there were a few retarded episodes (the ones where they shined a spotlight on one particular character the whole time in particular), but as a whole I enjoyed the series. Showing humans getting their feet wet outside their system and not being BMOC was enjoyable.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

The problem with Season 1-2 ENT was that there wasn't really no real plan in place on what to do while on average the episodes weren't god awful you have to remember that B&B had wasted a lot of the audience's goodwill with Voyager which while not god-awful 100% of the time was sub-par by Trek standards, which along with the seeming inability to grown with the times were really the 3 reasons that gave Star Trek:Enterprise an uphill struggle to survive to begin with (1. Trek standards being quite high to begin with 2.Voyager being mostly disapointing to fans 3.seeming inability to evolve the Trek formula for a new era)

In that sense the Xindi arc of season 3 helped loads as it gave the series a sense of purpose and identity and season 4 and the build up towards Earth Romulan war helped even more, however it was "too little, too late" as B&B had killed the viability of the series in season 1-2, they should have either dropped the "Temporal Cold War" or made a clear plan as to how to go with that storyline from the get got (there's a reason why it's barely mentioned in season 3 dispite the sphere builders being major players in the said conflict and it's quickly solved in Stormfront never to be mentioned again). You can easily seen what parts worked by what was kept in season 4 and what parts were quietly dropped or simply not mentioned again.

also what is BMOC?
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

Lord Revan wrote: also what is BMOC?
"Big Man On Campus"

The alpha dog.
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.