How would the Dominion would react to another race of shapeshifters?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Q99
Jedi Council Member

How would the Dominion would react to another race of shapeshifters?

Post by Q99 »

How do you think the Dominion/Founders would react if they ran into another species of non-solids? Who they, of course, couldn't link with, but could do 'turn into goo and mimic other species' to some extent.

1) If that species was previously isolated and didn't have prior relation with solids?

2) If that species had non-hostile/friendly relations with neighboring solids?

3) If that species was just as paranoid as they were but not purely on solid/changeling lines, and viewed the Dominion as a threat?
Solauren
Emperor's Hand

Re: How would the Dominion would react to another race of shapeshifters?

Post by Solauren »

#1 - Try to keep them isolated/protected for the new species own good

#2 - Probably be shocked, and want to learn about their history.

#3 - Probably shapeshifter warfare
I've been asked why I still follow a few of the people I know on Facebook with 'interesting political habits and view points'.

It's so when they comment on or approve of something, I know what pages to block/what not to vote for.
FedRebel
Jedi Master

Post by FedRebel »

Q99 wrote: 1) If that species was previously isolated and didn't have prior relation with solids?
Proper diplomacy as equals, isolation would mean the Founders have the ability to shape the new species world view
2) If that species had non-hostile/friendly relations with neighboring solids?
Depends. are we talking a Vorta/Jem'Hadar like deal or a grand transphasic utopia?

The former, 2 Dominions, complicated relations.

The latter, Holy War. The Founders would try to preach and convert the new species, in failure the new species are branded heretics and the Founders launch a crusade to purge the filth.
3) If that species was just as paranoid as they were but not purely on solid/changeling lines, and viewed the Dominion as a threat?
Holy War, no tolerance for preaching or frivolous diplomacy. Just war, only one Dominion will survive.
Q99
Jedi Council Member

Post by Q99 »

FedRebel wrote: Depends. are we talking a Vorta/Jem'Hadar like deal or a grand transphasic utopia?

The former, 2 Dominions, complicated relations.

The latter, Holy War. The Founders would try to preach and convert the new species, in failure the new species are branded heretics and the Founders launch a crusade to purge the filth.
Like open and friendly two-way trade with a variety of Solid neighbors and friends.

Don't think them being changelings would make them stay their hand or question their own stance?