Star Trek: Insufficient

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

SolarpunkFan
Jedi Knight

Star Trek: Insufficient

Post by SolarpunkFan »

Basically a faux-script parodying Star Trek Insurrection. I read this years ago and got quite a few laughs out of it. :wink:

Link.
Seeing current events as they are is wrecking me emotionally. So I say 'farewell' to this forum. For anyone who wonders.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Re: Star Trek: Insufficient

Post by FaxModem1 »

SolarpunkFan wrote:Basically a faux-script parodying Star Trek Insurrection. I read this years ago and got quite a few laughs out of it. :wink:

Link.
I gave up after a little while. It's amazing how a decade and a half make pop culture references stop being funny and just sort of 'meh'.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

ye i gave up after about a page... when i realised it was actually a full movie's worth.

A for effort though
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

can any one explain that seemingly random violence to animal bit at the start it doesn't seem to make any sense to me, hell it makes even less sense to me then Insurrection did.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Sojef clubs a cow in the head, which falls unconscious. Sojef proceeds to tear the cow's throat out and eats it hungrily.
Reminds me of "The Beast" Rabban Harkonnen from Dune (1983). That's not funny, that's just gross.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Darth Lucifer wrote:
Sojef clubs a cow in the head, which falls unconscious. Sojef proceeds to tear the cow's throat out and eats it hungrily.
Reminds me of "The Beast" Rabban Harkonnen from Dune (1983). That's not funny, that's just gross.
and it doesn't make any sense storywise either, for all it's faults Insurrection I never got the feeling that Ba'ku were suppose to be "the true evil" more like naive and misguided but not evil and this just seem the writer of this thing indulging on his brutality to animals fetish.

That's the part when this thing lost me, it was just random violence and brutality for no good reason.
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

I think the point was 'oh look at us saying we're so peaceful and enlightened' and yet if they still eat meat, they still be being cruel and violent to animals. Obviously exaggerated for effect not representative of actual animal slaughter.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

Crazedwraith wrote:I think the point was 'oh look at us saying we're so peaceful and enlightened' and yet if they still eat meat, they still be being cruel and violent to animals. Obviously exaggerated for effect not representative of actual animal slaughter.
well if that's the case by making it so unsudtle they actually ruined the intended meaning, it doesn't come of as showning hyprocrity so much as it comes of as random violence with no ryme or reason.
EnterpriseSovereign
Sith Marauder

Post by EnterpriseSovereign »

I raise you this. :mrgreen: