50th Anniversary!

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

50th Anniversary!

Post by Crazedwraith »

If the radio is to be beleived today is Star Trek's 50th anniversary!

They interviewed DC Fontana and I didnt know she was still around.
Bernkastel
Padawan Learner

Re: 50th Anniversary!

Post by Bernkastel »

Yep, that was right.

I haven't seen much about it, though that is just a matter of my particular fandom interests. But LInkara released his latest Trek comic review on the anniversary. I haven't seen anything else. If anyone else does have anything interesting in regards to the anniversary they could share, that would be cool.
My Fanfics - I write gay fanfics. Reviews/Feedback will always be greatly appreciated.
My Ko-Fi Page - Currently Seeking Aid with moving home
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Reruns on TV today.

TOS is so gloriously campy. :D
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

I watched 'The Changeling', first time I've seen it since I was kid. Never noticed that Uhura should be a freaking memoryless child after this episode, but hey, it was the 1960s.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

It's a bit sad that nothing big is happening for the big 50th Anniversary - only reruns.

The new tv show is still in development. (They haven't even yet decided on the bloody uniform design... )
No new games are (openly) in development. I'd bloody well pre-order a new Bridge Commander / Elite Force the moment they announce it...
The next movie is still a sparkle in Simon Peggs eyes.

OK. Star Trek Online is being released for consoles now and receives a major upgrade for the pc version.

I bloody well wonder what will happen on Star Wars 50th Anniversary... at least something I guess.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
The Romulan Republic
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Romulan Republic »

I know.

I guess Beyond was their 50th. anniversary thing, sort of.

But when I compare Star Trek's 50th. to Doctor Who's a few years ago... its just sad.
"I know its easy to be defeatist here because nothing has seemingly reigned Trump in so far. But I will say this: every asshole succeeds until finally, they don't. Again, 18 months before he resigned, Nixon had a sky-high approval rating of 67%. Harvey Weinstein was winning Oscars until one day, he definitely wasn't."-John Oliver

"The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan."-General Von Clauswitz, describing my opinion of Bernie or Busters and third partiers in a nutshell.

I SUPPORT A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE TO REMOVE TRUMP FROM OFFICE.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

tezunegari wrote:No new games are (openly) in development.
Possibly a correction.

Just saw the Ubisoft E3 trailer of Star Trek: Bridge Crew with LeVar Burton, Jeri Ryan and Karl Urban.
A coop-singleplayer / multiplayer Bridge Commander clone which looks amazing in the trailer.
Apparently VR-headset only. :(
So I would consider it at the moment more a novelty app than a game which should be accessible to everyone.

To be released on November 29, 2016.

Edit: release date found on Ubisoft website
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"