Phaser Turrets vs Strips

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Re: Phaser Turrets vs Strips

Post by Batman »

The (noncanon, I know) TNG TM actually explicitly says so.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Frankly for all we're careful to point out that the TNG TM is non-canon... it seems to be right more often than not. Sure, a lot of stuff in it is straight up bunk, like the MSD ship schematic having a carefully detailed human-size mouse on its lower deck or 64-MT photon torpedoes... but the TM's were written by guys who were part of the design process for the shows, and while their science is pretty bad sometimes it's at least fairly consistent with the shows.
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

Elheru Aran wrote:Frankly for all we're careful to point out that the TNG TM is non-canon... it seems to be right more often than not. Sure, a lot of stuff in it is straight up bunk, like the MSD ship schematic having a carefully detailed human-size mouse on its lower deck or 64-MT photon torpedoes... but the TM's were written by guys who were part of the design process for the shows, and while their science is pretty bad sometimes it's at least fairly consistent with the shows.
I know it's not the official canon policy but essentially if it's not contradicted by the show or films, I generally side with the TM when it's Speculation 101 in some cases.
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.