Star Trek Horizon

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Star Trek Horizon

Post by DarthPooky »

There's a new star trek fan film called you guessed it Star Trek Horizon. It has been recently released and is on YouTube. I'm curios to hear anyone's opinions on it. I haven't watched it yet but plan to. Hears the trailer.

Hears the full film.

Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Re: Star Trek Horizon

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

18 seconds in to the trailer i turned it off. Shitty acting, shitty script, shitty blue screen. Blah blah.
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Not bad, not outstanding, but as fan works go, it could have been much, much worse. Quality-wise, it's comparable to Star Trek Phoenix's only episode(so far), and better than say, Starship Excalibur, Starship Farragut, any of the Hidden Frontier works, or the utter mess that is the Star Trek Romulan Wars series.
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
—29th Scroll, 6th Verse of Ape Law
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
---Doctor Christine Blasey-Ford
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

Ok so I finally got around to watching it a reaction is :? Didn't much care for it And I agree that the acting was off. However I'm always impressed by the level of special-effects these newer fan films have I don't generally expect something made outside of a big Hollywood studio to have CG that could qualify for TV. The thing that made me go hu? was that they had phaser compression rifles and try cobalt weapons when we've only seen those in Canon during the 24th century but the movies not Canon anyway so who cares :roll: . Oh and what's with so much spinning camera work by the way.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

were they named or just had the same effect as ENT had (presumebly) phase rifles with pulse shots for the MACO as for the Tricobalt was that demo charge Voyager used to take out the caretaker so it could simply be that there hadn't been situations in the series where they needed demolition charges before VOY.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

Tri-cobalt devices were first mentioned in canon in the 23d century, when Anon 7 casually tells Kirk and company that a simulated tri-cobalt device just killed the Enterprise, so Kirk and crew have to march into the disintegration chambers like good little boys and girls(TOS: "A Taste Of Armageddon").
"Beware the Beast, Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone amongst God's primates, he kills for sport, for lust, for greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of Death.."
"Indelible in the hippocampus is the laughter. The uproarious laughter between the two, and their having fun at my expense.”
DarthPooky
Padawan Learner

Post by DarthPooky »

Tri-cobalt devices were first mentioned in canon in the 23d century, when Anon 7 casually tells Kirk and company that a simulated tri-cobalt device just killed the Enterprise, so Kirk and crew have to march into the disintegration chambers like good little boys and girls(TOS: "A Taste Of Armageddon").
Wow I totally forgot about that one I haven't seen that episode in a long time. By the way who hear found that Romulan admiral who talked to future guy really annoying.
U.P. Cinnabar
Sith Marauder

Post by U.P. Cinnabar »

I just didn't think he'd be another Nero, out for revenge for what Spock failed to do. I was thinking he'd be Suliban.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

Lord Revan wrote:were they named or just had the same effect as ENT had (presumebly) phase rifles with pulse shots for the MACO as for the Tricobalt was that demo charge Voyager used to take out the caretaker so it could simply be that there hadn't been situations in the series where they needed demolition charges before VOY.
Except those times they had to blow up asteroids and large moons :)
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.