What happened to 'Pup'?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

What happened to 'Pup'?

Post by FaxModem1 »

In the deep space nine episode 'The Forsaken', DS9 runs into an alien life form that attaches itself to the computer. Unable to get rid of it, they adopt it and call it Pup. What happened to Pup? Was he causing trouble for the Dominion when they occupied the station? Was he being a good boy when the station was under attack? What exactly happened to him?
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Re: What happened to 'Pup'?

Post by tezunegari »

I think one of the DS9 books used it against an alien entity... I think "Valhalla". It's been a while since I read anything Star Trek.

But beyond that, it's your typical one-episode-stuff with no influence towards later stuff.

Personally, I think the Dominion wiped it of the computer the moment it tried to cause trouble for them.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

FaxModem1 wrote:In the deep space nine episode 'The Forsaken', DS9 runs into an alien life form that attaches itself to the computer. Unable to get rid of it, they adopt it and call it Pup. What happened to Pup? Was he causing trouble for the Dominion when they occupied the station? Was he being a good boy when the station was under attack? What exactly happened to him?
Never mentioned again.
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Yes, he's never mentioned again, but what do you think happened to him?
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

Chances are that O'Brien and/or Dax eventually found a way to safely transfer it to an external standalone system of some kind (kind of like what the E-D crew did to Moriarty), then tossed it in a drawer with a note reading "DO NOT TOUCH EVER!" attached to it.
Prometheus Unbound
Jedi Master

Post by Prometheus Unbound »

FaxModem1 wrote:Yes, he's never mentioned again, but what do you think happened to him?
Probably killed in late season 5 when Sisko nuked the entire computer system and data banks (Call to Arms).
NecronLord wrote:
Also, shorten your signature a couple of lines please.
Ralin
Sith Marauder

Post by Ralin »

tezunegari wrote:I think one of the DS9 books used it against an alien entity... I think "Valhalla". It's been a while since I read anything Star Trek.
I remember this too but not much beyond that.