wells class

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

blazze9
Redshirt

wells class

Post by blazze9 »

is it just me or is the wells class the best looking starfleet ship ? for someone who doesn't like the look of flimsy nacelles on the other star fleet ships this one and the defiant hit the spot for me. it would make a bad ass star fleet war ship. what do you guys think of the design ?
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Re: wells class

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Looks like someone adapted an SR-71 and a Ferengi D'Kora vessel into one. It does look durable and functional.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Honestly, I didn't think I'd miss it, but I prefer Federation ships having saucers. Though, this could be a development from the Defiant's design and Starfleet making more solid hull ships without any noticeable gaps in them.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

The saucer-engineering hull-nacelles design is what gives Starfleet ships personality. I want them to look like that. The Wells looks like a Wars design (probably Calamari) or a derivative of the WC Paradigm.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

It's a heavily armed temporal\science vessel with armament equal to a UFP cruiser. But didn't Voyager beat one of them?
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

No, they fought a small one-person craft.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

FaxModem1 wrote:No, they fought a small one-person craft.
Ahh, ok. Now I remember.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

I like the design, and I can tell it's clearly a Federation craft (which is good), but I agree with Batman - it just doesn't feel "right" without a saucer.
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Miranda best class
JADAFETWA
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

Nah, Constellation Class all the way:
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
StarSword
Jedi Knight

Post by StarSword »

Anyone for Avenger-class?

Star Carrier by Ian Douglas: Analysis and Talkback

The Vortex Empire: I think the real question is obviously how a supervolcano eruption wiping out vast swathes of the country would affect the 2016 election.
Borgholio: The GOP would blame Obama and use the subsequent nuclear winter to debunk global warming.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

No thanks. That abomination somehow manages to look just like a Starfleet ship and nothing like a Starfleet ship at the same time.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Skywalker_T-65
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skywalker_T-65 »

I've said it before, I'll say it again:

Excelsior all the way.
SDNW5: Republic of Arcadia...Sweden in SPAAACE
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

the Avenger kind of looks like an attempt to make a tacticool'd Voyager
JADAFETWA
blazze9
Redshirt

Post by blazze9 »

The avenger looks sexy . It a little too short tho. It looks kinda like fat voyager
Zeropoint
Jedi Knight

Post by Zeropoint »

The Avenger class looks like Voyager and Mass Effect had a love child.

It also looks like it's got rubber armor in case you drop it. :P
I'm a cis-het white male, and I oppose racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia. I support treating all humans equally.

When fascism came to America, it was wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.

That which will not bend must break and that which can be destroyed by truth should never be spared its demise.
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

The Avenger's got some neat features that should really have come in earlier, like blast shields over the windows and partially blast shielding the collectors, deflector and nacelles. It's also the Smart Car version of the Vengeance. The Odyssey's been growing on me as well.

In terms of canon ships, I have a soft spot for the Excelsior Refit with its exploding accoutrements (Enterprise B). The little buildouts give it a better feel around that curvy lower hull. That and all of the Miranda-esque cut-down ships, I like. Miranda, Nebula, Akira, they look practical and, well, they're obviously not the lead ship but clearly related to it. Truly, the understudies of the universe.
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.
Sharp-kun
Sith Devotee

Post by Sharp-kun »

The Avenger when I first saw it made me think "urgh, fugly".

Having taken it for a spin though in STO the design has grown on me. It's not as sexy as the Nebula or Excelsior, but its quite neat.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

C'mon now people. Nacelles and a deflector dish mashed onto a saucer with big ass phasers. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
aussiemuscle308
Padawan Learner

Post by aussiemuscle308 »

wells class starship: yuck
StarSword wrote:Anyone for Avenger-class?

it looks kinda tough. black racing stripes are a nice touch.
========================================
If you believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

P.S. The Wells Class is horrible.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Post by Flagg »

Wells class sucks. Defiant FTW.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw