live-action M'Ress and Arex

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Teankun1
Redshirt

live-action M'Ress and Arex

Post by Teankun1 »

Anybody think they should have Caitian M'Ress and/or Edosian Arex or any other of the characters from the animated series in upcoming movies?
Flagg
CUNTS FOR EYES!
Location: Hell. In The Room Right Next to Reagan. He's Fucking Bonzo. No, wait... Bonzo's fucking HIM.

Re: live-action M'Ress and Arex

Post by Flagg »

No.
We pissing our pants yet?
-Negan

You got your shittin' pants on? Because you’re about to
Shit. Your. Pants!
-Negan

He who can,
does; he who cannot, teaches.
-George Bernard Shaw
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

You could always pretend that...
Spoiler
...One of the cat girls Kirk was under the sheets with in STID was M'Ress.
TOSDOC
Padawan Learner
Location: Rotating between Redshirt Hospital and the Stormtrooper School of Marksmanship.

Post by TOSDOC »

Didn't she try to maul Shatner in that weird movie between The Voyage Home and The Undiscovered Country?
"In the long run, however, there can be no excuse for any individual not knowing what it is possible for him to know. Why shouldn't he?" --Elliot Grosvenor, Voyage of the Space Beagle
Metahive
Sith Devotee

Post by Metahive »

While they had fairly exotic looks neither were particularly interesting or engaging characters so outside of satisfying some strange fetishes I see little reason for why they should be included in future movies.
People at birth are naturally good. Their natures are similar, but their habits make them different from each other.
-Sanzi Jing (Three Character Classic)

Saddam’s crime was so bad we literally spent decades looking for our dropped monocles before we could harumph up the gumption to address it
-User Indigo Jump on Pharyngula

O God, please don't let me die today, tomorrow would be so much better!
-Traditional Spathi morning prayer
Lilgreenman
Redshirt

Post by Lilgreenman »

It definitely sounds like the sort of thing they'd make a point of doing - I didn't like how they had the robot bridge officer in Into Darkness and then didn't do anything with him.
"Thus I, Wall, hath my role discharged so,
And, being done, thus Wall away doth go."
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

TOSDOC wrote:Didn't she try to maul Shatner in that weird movie between The Voyage Home and The Undiscovered Country?
That lady had three boobies, and I've seen enough perverse fanart over the years to know that M'Ress only has two. Or occasionally six. :D
Lilgreenman wrote:It definitely sounds like the sort of thing they'd make a point of doing - I didn't like how they had the robot bridge officer in Into Darkness and then didn't do anything with him.
I can't quite recall where I read it, but I think he was actually supposed to be a Bynar, rather than a robot/android.
Teankun1
Redshirt

Post by Teankun1 »

Metahive wrote:While they had fairly exotic looks neither were particularly interesting or engaging characters so outside of satisfying some strange fetishes I see little reason for why they should be included in future movies.
Some how I trust JJA to find a way to develope their characters. He seems to to a fair job of doing that unlike Mike Bay.
Then again I haven't seen ID yet, so what do i know?
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

They did better serving with the Trident in New Frontier anyway....
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
bilateralrope
Sith Acolyte

Post by bilateralrope »

Do they bring anything to the table beyond being something that isn't seen often in live action because the characters are too expensive to film ?