New Promo Poster (apparently)

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

New Promo Poster (apparently)

Post by Darth Tedious »

I have no idea if this is legit

But that's what it looks like
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"That could never happen because super computers." - Stark

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Srelex
Jedi Master

Re: New Promo Poster (apparently)

Post by Srelex »

Well, we saw the Enterprise rising from the sea in the trailer, so I guess it's legit.
"No, no, no, no! Light speed's too slow! Yes, we're gonna have to go right to... Ludicrous speed!"
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

And we also saw it crashing into the sea too.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Star Trek: Into Darkness the sea
"Darth Tedious just showed why women can go anywhere they want because they are, in effect, mobile kitchens." - RazorOutlaw

"Don't go there girl! Talk to the VTOL cause the glass canopy ain't listening!" - Shroomy
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

You get deep enough, it's the same damn thing.
And so far, this doesn't look any more promising than the last one.
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Connor MacLeod
Sith Apprentice

Post by Connor MacLeod »

Clearly, in the next Trek movie they venture into Fluidic space and face off against species 8472.
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

Well since the Enterpise was designed for space travel, the number of atmospheres it can withstand is anywhere between zero and one.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
Darth Tedious
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Tedious »

Instant Sunrise wrote:Well since the Enterpise was designed for space travel, the number of atmospheres it can withstand is anywhere between zero and one.

And unless it was rated for atmospheric entry, that number may be closer to 0 than 1

Of course we're neglecting to account for navigational shields, which can withstand INFINITE LAZERS and are water-resistant too, it seems

Captain Seafort
Jedi Council Member

Post by Captain Seafort »

Instant Sunrise wrote:Well since the Enterpise was designed for space travel, the number of atmospheres it can withstand is anywhere between zero and one.
It can also (if it's anything like the E-nil) withstand a few thousand g acceleration. Not the same as water pressure of course, but nothing to sneeze at.
DarkArk
Padawan Learner

Post by DarkArk »

You're forgetting that the Enterprise was built on Earth in this one, thus it can certainly go into an atmosphere. Also what we've seen so far in the trailers doesn't have the Enterprise being completely submerged so much as skimming the surface.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Star Trek: The Poseidon Adventure
JADAFETWA
Lancer
Sith Marauder

Post by Lancer »

Don't forget, the Enterprise also hid within the atmosphere of Titan during the first movie.