What UFP world would you like to see? Or live at?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

What UFP world would you like to see? Or live at?

Post by FaxModem1 »

In another thread, I tried to compile a list of Federation colonies. That got me thinking about how we never got to see Berengaria VII, even though it's mentioned in three of the Trek shows. After all, it's a world with actual dragons on it.

Which Federation world would you have liked to see on one of the shows, but they never showed?

Which Federation world, aside from the core four (Vulcan, Earth, Andoria, Tellar) would you want to live on?

For the purpose of this thread, you can book passage on a starship, but you can't live on one. That goes for space stations as well.
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Re: What UFP world would you like to see? Or live at?

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Risa methinks :D
Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

Is that even a Federation world?
Eternal_Freedom
Castellan

Post by Eternal_Freedom »

Baltar: "I don't want to miss a moment of the last Battlestar's destruction!"
Centurion: "Sir, I really think you should look at the other Battlestar."
Baltar: "What are you babbling about other...it's impossible!"
Centurion: "No. It is a Battlestar."

Corrax Entry 7:17: So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

though I suspect that Risa would world that's nice to visit but not that fun to live permanently (after all we probably never the bad side of Risa since it's not what our characters would see).
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

It's just a facade. They're all partied out

You visit Risa in STO and it's all early 90's style new age hippies and people with eccentric fashion sense.

Fed member worlds? I hear Casperia Prime is nice this time of year, whatever that means.
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Obvious choice Earth, being able to see what four hundred years has done to the old girl, how technology has changed things, plus I'd love to see all the little solar system outposts, how's Moon Base Alpha? The Mars Ski resorts?

Also less chance of getting impregnated via freaky alien genotypes or being eaten by a salt monster or possessed by an energy being in the Sol system.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Mr Bean wrote:Obvious choice Earth, being able to see what four hundred years has done to the old girl, how technology has changed things, plus I'd love to see all the little solar system outposts, how's Moon Base Alpha? The Mars Ski resorts?

Also less chance of getting impregnated via freaky alien genotypes or being eaten by a salt monster or possessed by an energy being in the Sol system.
Somebody can't read the OP, apparently:
FaxModem1 wrote:Which Federation world would you have liked to see on one of the shows, but they never showed?
Now, it's been awhile, but I think I remember them showing Earth once or twice, maybe.
FaxModem1 wrote:Which Federation world, aside from the core four (Vulcan, Earth, Andoria, Tellar) would you want to live on?
Boom. Earth is off the table. Please try again.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

You right I read the opening line but not the OP, but they have shown Risa on DS9 so that's out as well.
So I will say I want to visit Mirror Universe Terra, IE the Earth in the dimension where everyone has cool beards.

Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Even the women? :)

For me, I'd choose Betazed. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

Enigma wrote:Even the women? :)
Especially the women, but they do shave as per the directives of their tyrannical government's oppression against female facial hair.

Grumman
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grumman »

You don't want to live on Earth anyway, not when every Tom, Dick and Harry seems to take its continued existence as a personal challenge.
dragon
Sith Marauder

Post by dragon »

Alpha Centauri it's mentioned in a few books but that's about it.
"There are very few problems that cannot be solved by the suitable application of photon torpedoes
Ahriman238
Sith Marauder

Post by Ahriman238 »

Planet of the mind-reading nudists? You sir, are a far braver man than I.

It might be fun to drop by Vulcan just to drive them insane with paradoxes, logic bombs, riddles and bad jokes. Unfortunately, I think someone must have tried that at some point.

Really, there are supposed to be over a thousand worlds in the Federation, yet we see so few...

I think I'd like to go to one of those Starbase worlds that consist of a generic setting shot and have one city a midst pristine alien wilderness.
"Any plan which requires the direct intervention of any deity to work can be assumed to be a very poor one."- Newbiespud
Rossum
Padawan Learner

Post by Rossum »

Not sure where I would want to live exactly, but I was always curious about what happened on Mariposa (the planet populated by clones in Up the Long Ladder). There's a pretty good review of the episode here that raises some interesting points.

My personal headcanon is that the Mariposans and the Bringloidi eventually agreed that the idea of forcing women to bear three children each by three different men was morally repugnant (particularly since a good deal of those women grew up in a culture that reproduced via cloning and thus found sexual reproduction taboo for several centuries). So the Mariposans used their cloning technology to increase the female population (and likely the male population as well) to the point where the "three children by three different men" rules was no longer necessary for their colonies survival. Or they just made artificial wombs so that new children could be born that way.

The idea that there is some backwater colony somewhere whose population uses advanced cloning technology to reproduce alongside another culture of hardworking people not averse to farming seems really interesting and it's almost a shame nobody thought to ask for their help to clone troops to fight the Dominion or some other threat.

Starfleet: Hi there, remember how we killed two of your cloned children while they were gestating because Riker doesn't want to lose his individuality (even though he's got a transporter duplicate running around)? And how we constantly ridiculed both your cultures and dumped you on that one planet saying you'd have to turn your women into baby factories in order to survive? Well, heh heh... turns out we're in a bit of a jam and we'd like you to clone up a few million redshirts for us to use as cannon fodder against the Dominion. That cool?

Mariposa: Yes, we remember it vividly. Will you be delivering us the phasor rifles, body armor, replicators, starships, and military equipment needed to field such a massive clone army?

Starfleet: Naw, we'll just stop by every now and then to ship them off to Starfleet Academy. That'll give them all the training they need.

Mariposa: ... we'll see what we can do.

And so the Clone Wars began.
Fry: No! They did it! They blew it up! And then the apes blew up their society too. How could this happen? And then the birds took over and ruined their society. And then the cows. And then... I don't know, is that a slug, maybe? Noooo!

Futurama: The Late Philip J. Fry
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Which Federation world would you have liked to see on one of the shows, but they never showed?
I actually wanted to see Luna...IIRC they said in the future there's a colony or city on Earth's moon; too bad they've never shown it.
Which Federation world, aside from the core four (Vulcan, Earth, Andoria, Tellar) would you want to live on?
Hmm...I'm thinking Bajor would be pretty cool and I can always take a shuttle to Deep Space Nine too.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Betazed was seen in Menage a Troi, and is therefore ineligible.

Did they ever show Pacifica? I think they made that planet out as sounding very nice.
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk