Get your fill of sci-fi, science, and mockery of stupid people
* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 
Want to support this site? Click

Quote of the Week: "A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant, American historian (1885-1981)

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chuck reviews TNG "Relics" PostPosted: 2012-05-03 08:06pm
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

http://sfdebris.com/videos/startrek/t230.asp

Just watching it now. Should be pretty entertaining. Good episode and I am wondering how Chuck will review it.

"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."

Post subject: Re: Chuck reviews TNG "Relics" PostPosted: 2012-05-03 08:13pm
Castellan

I caught this the other day. It's one of my favourite episodes and I'm glad he did it, and did it well. Particiularly enjoyed the comments on Scotty feeling needed and the paradox of building a Dyson Shell (not a Sphere, good to see he caught that one).

"I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams" - Hamlet

"Bones' remedies for problems seems to revolve around giving his patients a prescription of heavy drugs, booze, or taking them to strip clubs. He is either insane, a drug addict, or the best damn Doctor in Starfleet!" - SFDebris

SDN World 6: The Kingdom of Orion

Post subject: Re: Chuck reviews TNG "Relics" PostPosted: 2012-05-03 08:22pm
Federation Ambassador
Federation Ambassador

Chuck's commentary on Scotty's supposedly broken arm and the carelessness treated to it is hilarious.

Quote:
Scotty is so pleased he hardly notices the blind guy keeps walking into his broken arm.

Geordi listens and is amazed at his ingenuity and genius and shows it by prodding his arm repeatedly.

But Geordi is quiet and then decides to pick up his spirits by whacking his broken arm good and hard before taking him to sickbay.

"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."