Star Trek movie mistakes

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kurgan
Sith Marauder

Star Trek movie mistakes

Post by Kurgan »

This may be old news to some, but it was the first time I'd seen it: a series
of vids pointing out continuity discrepancies between (mostly) the TNG era movies and the tv episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1chtJQFQNs

(5 parts from GeneralGrin)
fun/fantasy movies existed before the overrated Star Wars came out. What made it seem 'less dark' was the sheer goofy aspect of it: two robots modeled on Laurel & Hardy, and a smartass outlaw with bigfoot co-pilot and their hotrod pizza-shaped ship, and they were sucked aboard a giant Disco Ball. -adw1
Someone asked me yesterday if Dracula met Saruman and there was a fight, who would win. I just looked at this man. What an idiotic thing to say. I mean really, it was half-witted. - Christopher Lee

JKA Server 2024
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Re: Star Trek movie mistakes

Post by Isolder74 »

To be fair to Star trek when he shows some phaser shots vaporizing and others not there are settings other then vaporize you know.

PS Jonathan Archer is dead to us...........
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

*denial*Who's this Archer fellow people keep mentioning?*/denial*
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Darth Nostril
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Nostril »

Oh he's a character in some poorly written fan show set in an alternate universe created by the Borgs time travelling shenanigans in First Contact.
Rather shoddily made and the writings on a par with Portal, not worth bothering with.
So I stare wistfully at the Lightning for a couple of minutes. Two missiles, sharply raked razor-thin wings, a huge, pregnant belly full of fuel, and the two screamingly powerful engines that once rammed it from a cold start to a thousand miles per hour in under a minute. Life would be so much easier if our adverseries could be dealt with by supersonic death on wings - but alas, Human resources aren't so easily defeated.

Imperial Battleship, halt the flow of time!

My weird shit NSFW
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

*hurls transmogrifier batarang at Darth Nostril*
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
aussiemuscle308
Padawan Learner

Post by aussiemuscle308 »

Kurgan wrote:This may be old news to some, but it was the first time I'd seen it: a series
of vids pointing out continuity discrepancies between (mostly) the TNG era movies and the tv episodes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1chtJQFQNs

(5 parts from GeneralGrin)
it's pretty funny. liked the bit about the beard...
========================================
If you believe in Telekinesis, raise my hand.