OEEG Double Bill: Damage/Aquistion.

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

OEEG Double Bill: Damage/Aquistion.

Post by Crazedwraith »

This week from Chuck, one good ENT and one bad:

Steve
Emperor's Hand

Re: OEEG Double Bill: Damage/Aquistion.

Post by Steve »

I remember shaking my head at the concept of them doing a Ferengi episode two centuries before their own continuity said the Ferengi were contacted, with such a crappy way of "justifying" it in continuity, and it really does strengthen my resolve to see Enterprise completely and utterly stripped of any place in the Trek canon.

One of the funny things about all your jokes about ol' Catfish is that the actor actually managed to be a far more interesting character on Stargate Atlantis. Granted, he played an alien Dr. Mengele-style mad scientist bent upon conquering the galaxy with a genetically-engineered army of inter-race hybrids, but at least his character was, with the exception of Plot-Induced Stupidity incidents, generally intelligent and usually quite menacing. Especially the whole thing with his obsession with stealing Teyla's baby.

I suppose I did miss some good things when I skipped out on Enterprise early, as "Damage" has shown,, but frankly all the crap episodes you've reviewed have, 8 years after the fact, justified my decision when I basically dumped the show like 3 episodes in (I think the last episode I saw, before years checking out the Mirror Universe episodes and more recently watching a couple re-runs on Scifi, was the "we have Andorians!" ep in the Vulcan monastery).
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Thanas
Magister
Magister

Re: OEEG Double Bill: Damage/Aquistion.

Post by Thanas »

So what would a ten from Enterprise be in relation to DS9? A 5?
Whoever says "education does not matter" can try ignorance
------------
A decision must be made in the life of every nation at the very moment when the grasp of the enemy is at its throat. Then, it seems that the only way to survive is to use the means of the enemy, to rest survival upon what is expedient, to look the other way. Well, the answer to that is 'survival as what'? A country isn't a rock. It's not an extension of one's self. It's what it stands for. It's what it stands for when standing for something is the most difficult! - Chief Judge Haywood
------------
My LPs