OEEG Video: Shadows of P'Jem

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

OEEG Video: Shadows of P'Jem

Post by Sonnenburg »

Shadows of P'Jem - rerated because it's even worse than I remembered, which says something. It's the one where Archer and T'Pol are tied up like Adam West and Dick Ward.

Video
Chuck

Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Re: OVEG Video: Shadows of P'Jem

Post by Ghost Rider »

Your bit of Satan's colon is really that need to be said.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Isolder74
Official SD.Net Ace of Cakes

Re: OVEG Video: Shadows of P'Jem

Post by Isolder74 »

OEEG! not OVEG!

No cake for you!
Hapan Battle Dragons Rule!
When you want peace prepare for war! --Confusious
That was disapointing ..Should we show this Federation how to build a ship so we may have worthy foes? Typhonis 1
The Prince of The Writer's Guild|HAB Spacewolf Tank General| God Bless America!
Glom
Youngling

Re: OEEG Video: Shadows of P'Jem

Post by Glom »

You're building up quite an inventory of video reviews. Can't wait until you do 'Dear Doctor'.
Darth Onasi
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Onasi »

On the one hand I fear continued reviews of utterly revolting episodes like this will damage your brain and render you a hate-filled vegetable, therefore you should review more good Star Trek.

On the other I really want to see you tear "Dear Doctor" a new one.
If I had something interesting, profound or incredibly stupid to say, it would go here.
tezunegari
Jedi Knight

Post by tezunegari »

audiovisual masochism - that's what I would diagnose on you if I were a psychologist.

You really should take a break on the mental self torture and review one of the better episodes.

*wavinghand* You want to review "In the pale moonlight" and you will accept republican credits.
Glom wrote:Can't wait until you do 'Dear Doctor'.
Darth Onasi wrote:[...] I really want to see you tear "Dear Doctor" a new one.
On the one hand I want to see it too but with the current reviewed episodes being more or less brain cell killing WMDs I don't want Sonnenburgs head to implode.
I don't want to go cold turkey missing the weekly ten minutes of enjoyable Star Trek.
"Bring your thousands, I have my axe."
"Bring your cannons, I have my armor."
"Bring your mighty... I am my own champion."
Cue Unit-01 ramming half the Lance of Longinus down Adam's head and a bemused Gendo, "Wrong end, son."
Ikari Gendo, NGE Fanfiction "Standing Tall"
Steve
Emperor's Hand

Post by Steve »

On the one hand, Chuck is an ASVS veteran, and they're made of tough stuff.

On the other hand... it is Enterprise.
”A Radical is a man with both feet planted firmly in the air.” – Franklin Delano Roosevelt

"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

American Conservatism is about the exercise of personal responsibility without state interference in the lives of the citizenry..... unless, of course, it involves using the bludgeon of state power to suppress things Conservatives do not like.

DONALD J. TRUMP IS A SEDITIOUS TRAITOR AND MUST BE IMPEACHED
Glom
Youngling

Post by Glom »

tezunegari wrote:On the one hand I want to see it too but with the current reviewed episodes being more or less brain cell killing WMDs I don't want Sonnenburgs head to implode.
'Dear Doctor' is quite the same though. It is quite thought provoking. It seems many are torn between thinging it was great and despicable based on the morality of the character choices. That has the making of a good review.
Darth Onasi
Jedi Knight

Post by Darth Onasi »

Glom wrote:
tezunegari wrote:On the one hand I want to see it too but with the current reviewed episodes being more or less brain cell killing WMDs I don't want Sonnenburgs head to implode.
'Dear Doctor' is quite the same though. It is quite thought provoking. It seems many are torn between thinging it was great and despicable based on the morality of the character choices. That has the making of a good review.
It could've been thought provoking if it didn't have Phlox and Archer behaving like sociopaths.
Moreover it's yet another Star Trek episode with an extremely faulty (and in this case scary) view of evolution.
If I had something interesting, profound or incredibly stupid to say, it would go here.
Swindle1984
Jedi Master

Post by Swindle1984 »

Glom wrote:You're building up quite an inventory of video reviews. Can't wait until you do 'Dear Doctor'.
I would buy him a beer if he dubbed over all of Phlox's lines in a sinister German accent.
Your ad here.
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Yah, that is terrible fallout for completely screwing over the Vulcans by revealing an important military secret and getting it blown up. The terrible Vulcan Wrist Slap.
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

You know, the sorry thing about Enterprise is that there's a story there. I used to think there wasn't, but there is. There's a ton of potential in the situation: humans are a small, weak power trying to end their dependence on an older, arrogant patron, while avoiding being trodden underfoot by the big boys. It would have to be a different kind of Trek, one where political intrigue provides the drama instead of aliens of the week, but it would work. You could even keep your silly Temporal Cold War plot, with somebody from the future trying to monkey around in complicated events for reasons unknown (surprise twist: Future Guy is one of the 29th Century Feds trying to create the Federation, and the entire UFP owes its existence to a causal loop).
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
DaveJB
Jedi Council Member

Post by DaveJB »

That would all depend on B&B knowing or acknowledging that they were in any way making the show for adults. The audience that they were actually aiming for on the other hand can be explained in two simple words: "decontaminant gel."

Anyways, I'd actually seen this episode a couple of years back, but I didn't at this time realise it was Shadows of P'Jem for some reason. I guess the title and thought of them dealing with the consequences of "that" incident bought to mind something more grandiose than a guy and a catsuited Vulcan spending half an hour tied up in a dark hut.
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

DaveJB wrote:That would all depend on B&B knowing or acknowledging that they were in any way making the show for adults. The audience that they were actually aiming for on the other hand can be explained in two simple words: "decontaminant gel."
Well, yeah. When I say "Enterprise could have been a good show" or "Voyager could have been a good show", the unspoken clause at the end is always "...if it hadn't been run by hacks".
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
Lord MJ
Jedi Council Member

Post by Lord MJ »

RedImperator wrote:You know, the sorry thing about Enterprise is that there's a story there. I used to think there wasn't, but there is. There's a ton of potential in the situation: humans are a small, weak power trying to end their dependence on an older, arrogant patron, while avoiding being trodden underfoot by the big boys. It would have to be a different kind of Trek, one where political intrigue provides the drama instead of aliens of the week, but it would work. You could even keep your silly Temporal Cold War plot, with somebody from the future trying to monkey around in complicated events for reasons unknown (surprise twist: Future Guy is one of the 29th Century Feds trying to create the Federation, and the entire UFP owes its existence to a causal loop).
Wish Braga didn't run off Ron Moore when he came to Voyager and actually saw that Voyager wasn't living up to his premise at all. Maybe then Moore would've been in charge of Enterprise and everything would be different.

At the very least they should've spent more time fleshing out the series, what the major plotlines were and how they would unfold. Instead we didn't get a decent plotline until season 3 and by then it was to late to stop the inevitable cancellation.
Gandalf
SD.net White Wizard

Post by Gandalf »

Sonnenburg wrote:Shadows of P'Jem - rerated because it's even worse than I remembered, which says something. It's the one where Archer and T'Pol are tied up like Adam West and Dick Ward.
It's Burt Ward, not Dick Ward. :P

I liked the review.

I'm eagerly awaiting the coming of Regeneration.
"Oh no, oh yeah, tell me how can it be so fair
That we dying younger hiding from the police man over there
Just for breathing in the air they wanna leave me in the chair
Electric shocking body rocking beat streeting me to death"

- A.B. Original, Report to the Mist

"I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately."
- George Carlin