Tottering towards destruction

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Tottering towards destruction

Post by Kuja »

Nemesis has just been moved out of the big theaters and into the crappy ones around my area. Another week or two and it will be gone.
JADAFETWA
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

"Nemesis" is actually doing a pretty good job of retaining its theaters, even though its BO results are way down. I attribute this to the theaters' unwillingness to pull a one week old movie in favor of LotR, and with the lack of immediate competition after the first few weeks was over.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Nemesis has done quite well locally. I saw it not even a week ago for the second time and there was more then three dozen people in the theater. Its one of those fun movies that even non ST fans can appreciate (little need for back story, no technobabble, etc...)
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Alyeska wrote:Nemesis has done quite well locally. I saw it not even a week ago for the second time and there was more then three dozen people in the theater. Its one of those fun movies that even non ST fans can appreciate (little need for back story, no technobabble, etc...)
Well, little technobabble. There was the Thaleron Radiation bit.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Master of Ossus wrote:"Nemesis" is actually doing a pretty good job of retaining its theaters, even though its BO results are way down. I attribute this to the theaters' unwillingness to pull a one week old movie in favor of LotR, and with the lack of immediate competition after the first few weeks was over.
Hmmmmm, perhaps they DID do something right with the release date.
JADAFETWA
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Alyeska wrote:Nemesis has done quite well locally. I saw it not even a week ago for the second time and there was more then three dozen people in the theater. Its one of those fun movies that even non ST fans can appreciate (little need for back story, no technobabble, etc...)
Well, little technobabble. There was the Thaleron Radiation bit.
I hesitate to call it such. They introduce it, but call it VERY BAD, VERY DEADLY. Technobable would be giving a nonsensicle explination ending with, it does bad things. All they said was that this stuff was nasty shit.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
Stormbringer
King of Democracy

Post by Stormbringer »

Master of Ossus wrote:"Nemesis" is actually doing a pretty good job of retaining its theaters, even though its BO results are way down. I attribute this to the theaters' unwillingness to pull a one week old movie in favor of LotR, and with the lack of immediate competition after the first few weeks was over.
It's the same way here. According to my brother who works at the theater is been a slow but steady film. He's said that after the first weekend though that it got murdered and that it's likely to just run along time in the small theater then hit the second run theater.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I still haven't seen it. Apparently it sucks, but, as always, I will judge for mee-self. :)
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.