Picard ends with a whimper of complete irrelevance.
This episode managed to be offensively stupid and boring.
1) I guess Seven of Nine is getting setup for a romance with Rafi... - This can die in a fire almost as much as the semi-teasing of a connection with Rios
2) Incest Brother - They completely tanked any development here and he just vanishes with no explanation. All he does is serve as an exposition dump that is barely even informative because either the show is trying to setup a suspense for a 'future' arc or the more likely... they wanted to fill the screen time with useless shit
3) Incest Sister - They even managed to make the death of this character boring and shit. Seven of Nine kicks her into a bottomless cavern... Oh I wonder if she will come back since we have literally seen her use 'emergency transporters'.
If this death sticks - It is a suitably disgusting and lazy end to a dead character
If this death does not stick - It is even more egregiously stupid and successfully makes everyone idiots
4) Magic Space Flowers - What the actual fuck... this is what amounts to a space battle now. That said, I am at least a little happy the Romulans blasted those things to shreds without any fuss. I was fully expecting the magic space flowers to be doing massive amounts of damage to the Romulans but at least someone got that much right.
5) The Federation Fleet - What should have been an epic moment was completely botched with the lamest copy and paste garbage. Both the Romulans and the Federation fleet are just someone using ctrl+c / v to spam a fleet. No depth of variety or character at all.
They remind me very much of one of the designs from STO... of all the designs to pick... they went with THAT one ?
6) Riker - Well done, you got this mostly right and I actually liked it.
7) Commodore Oh / Romulan Fleet - 218 ships show up and spend fantastic amounts of time doing jack shit even before the 'delaying' bullshit. After committing all those resources... they just happily go home after Soji turns off the magic space beacon. I guess Oh gets to fly away without any fuss after being a spy in the Federation for decades.
I am also amused they dropped the 'treaty of Algeron' in as well. At this point, the Romulan Empire seems to be working just fine... thanks for wasting all that effort to turn them into space refugees when it turns out the Romulans had a fleet and an Empire still operating that can throw down fleets as big as the Federation.
Picard Manuver - This kind of shit is exactly the problem with this show. It seems like someone is obviously bringing up these little tidbits as an attempt to appear like they are paying attention but they consistently keep fucking it up. The Picard Manuver had nothing to do with holographic bullshit.
Instead, Agnes randomly comes up with this shit and then they use that to justify making a magic fleet come out of the palm sized device in her hand.
9) Borg Cube - Fuck you very much for rendering that entire plot arc pointless. What the hell were the Borg even for ?
Why was Soji sent to the Borg cube ?
The Borg Cube was going to try and shoot a ship in orbit while crashed on the ground... that is kinda stupid.
10) Everyone involved in the production of this series should be ashamed of themselves. This entire episode was an utter disaster from start to finish. Any sense of pacing and tension was demolished, what little suspense and payoff they were setting up across the season was pissed away in spectacular fashion.
11) The 'evil' super synths - Are tentacle monsters... because that makes sense and they did nothing. All that build up and suspense... just so they can do fuck all and get the door shut it their face. This is the magic terror that has had Romulan agents killing themselves because of the 'hell' that was to come.
Incidentally, the exposition from Incest Brother was insanely graphic and specific to the point I fully expect the writers REALLY expect THAT to be what the machines do.
Because.... a godlike super synth Federation is going to eat organics... what ?
12) Data / Picard - Am I supposed to give a shit or have any emotional attachment after sitting through 10 episodes of garbage and having these characters legacies completely ruined. I would have given them bigger props if they had thrown Q in for a cameo handwave. It would be in character and achieve the result they wanted with Q bridging a relationship between Data and Picard.
Instead, this show just invented immortality via the downloading of people into 'new' bodies. Gee.... I wonder if we will see any development of that epic bombshell.