What Voyager crewmember might be suitable for command?

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Command rank capable?

Chakotay
12%
Tuvok
31%
Tom Paris
16%
B'Elanna Torres
3%
Harry Kim
2%
The Doctor
21%
Seven
7%
Neelix (just kidding!)
6%
Other (please explain)
1%

Total votes: 99

Franc28
Mindless worshipper of Ayn Rand

Re: What Voyager crewmember might be suitable for command?

Post by Franc28 »

The Doctor? Really? I didn't really think he was a viable option, as I think of him as crumbling under pressure, but on the other hand he does step up to the plate when everything depends on him. He just seems to be really grumpy and assertive enough to say things out loud that most people wouldn't.
And_Atom_JT
Redshirt

Post by And_Atom_JT »

I'm reminded of one of Ron Moore's infamous rants about Voyager, and how he suggested that an interesting episode for Voyager might be if the Voyager crew put Janeway on trial. Say, after "Equinox" at the latest.

And from there, a vote was held to determine the new captain. After all, if they're out there for 70 years it's not going to be a military starship anymore-It's a home, and without the authority of the Federation back home what's to stop them from going casual and acting like, well... Normal people?

Outside the universe, of course, it was the production staff. Inside? Janeway.

So, an interesting story might be Janeway being tried and found guilty of abusing her power, and then an election held on ship to determine who the new captain would be.

My vote would be for Chakotay-When Janeway doesn't have his balls in a jar on her desk, he's proven himself a capable leader.
FaxModem1
Emperor's Hand

Post by FaxModem1 »

And_Atom_JT wrote:I'm reminded of one of Ron Moore's infamous rants about Voyager, and how he suggested that an interesting episode for Voyager might be if the Voyager crew put Janeway on trial. Say, after "Equinox" at the latest.

And from there, a vote was held to determine the new captain. After all, if they're out there for 70 years it's not going to be a military starship anymore-It's a home, and without the authority of the Federation back home what's to stop them from going casual and acting like, well... Normal people?

Outside the universe, of course, it was the production staff. Inside? Janeway.

So, an interesting story might be Janeway being tried and found guilty of abusing her power, and then an election held on ship to determine who the new captain would be.

My vote would be for Chakotay-When Janeway doesn't have his balls in a jar on her desk, he's proven himself a capable leader.
Do you have a link for this?