OVEG: Coda

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Sonnenburg
Official Dave Barry Clone

OVEG: Coda

Post by Sonnenburg »

Coda, the return to classic Voyager: unapologetic masturbatory shit! This episode actually feels two hours long. Janeway has timeloops or near death experiences or whatever, but it's all just sort of a dream or something.

Review
Chuck

Patrick Degan
Emperor's Hand

Re: OVEG: Coda

Post by Patrick Degan »

What's she going to do, captain them from beyond the grave?
That's exactly what's going to happen. USS Voyager is really the Flying Dutchman and Janeway is Capt. Vanderdecken. Her claim on their souls has already been staked out and even after death there will be no escape. Their afterlife is to find themselves back aboard the Voyager, again flying around the Delta Quadrant —prisoners of their mad captain for eternity.
When ballots have fairly and constitutionally decided, there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
—Abraham Lincoln

People pray so that God won't crush them like bugs.
—Dr. Gregory House

Oil an emergency?! It's about time, Brigadier, that the leaders of this planet of yours realised that to remain dependent upon a mineral slime simply doesn't make sense.
—The Doctor "Terror Of The Zygons" (1975)
Prannon
Jedi Knight

Post by Prannon »

Patrick Degan wrote:That's exactly what's going to happen. USS Voyager is really the Flying Dutchman and Janeway is Capt. Vanderdecken. Her claim on their souls has already been staked out and even after death there will be no escape. Their afterlife is to find themselves back aboard the Voyager, again flying around the Delta Quadrant —prisoners of their mad captain for eternity.
I recall one particular episode where Torres went to Klingon Hell and that was actually her eternal punishment. She was to be stuck in Voyager with all of the crew mocking her for her lack of manli...er...Klingon-ness. Of course, the irony is that we make fun of Voyager as being the ship of eternal torment under Janeway. The irony of that episode is sweet. :lol:
CaiusWickersham
Padawan Learner

Post by CaiusWickersham »

Patrick Degan wrote:
What's she going to do, captain them from beyond the grave?
That's exactly what's going to happen. USS Voyager is really the Flying Dutchman and Janeway is Capt. Vanderdecken. Her claim on their souls has already been staked out and even after death there will be no escape. Their afterlife is to find themselves back aboard the Voyager, again flying around the Delta Quadrant —prisoners of their mad captain for eternity.
The Flying Dutchman? With the people Voyager took on, it was more like the Black Freighter.
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

CaiusWickersham wrote:The Flying Dutchman? With the people Voyager took on, it was more like the Black Freighter.
I think the Black Pearl is a more appropriate comparison.
Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl wrote:Barbossa: For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it. Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died. I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face nor the spray of the sea. Nor the warmth of a woman's flesh.

[steps into moonlight becoming a skeleton]

Barbossa: You best start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner. You're in one.
It even comes with a curse- a schizophrenic Janeway's interpretations of the Prime Directive, which vary from "No interference, even if it's to both parties' mutual benefit," to "Fuck the Prime Directive! I feel like going on a killing spree, so let me at the little bipedal rats!"
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Janeway in an incompetent self-obsessed leader who kills her crew through malice and negligence, not a zombie driven by revenge.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Patrick Degan wrote: That's exactly what's going to happen. USS Voyager is really the Flying Dutchman and Janeway is Capt. Vanderdecken. Her claim on their souls has already been staked out and even after death there will be no escape. Their afterlife is to find themselves back aboard the Voyager, again flying around the Delta Quadrant —prisoners of their mad captain for eternity.
EMH: "Seems I've found myself on the voyage of the damned..."
"There is no "taboo" on using nuclear weapons." -Julhelm
What is Project Zohar?
"On a serious note (well not really) I did sometimes jump in and rate nBSG episodes a '5' before the episode even aired or I saw it." - RogueIce explaining that episode ratings on SDN tv show threads are bunk
Glom
Youngling

Post by Glom »

Aren't you going to post the Cold Fire video?
Sidewinder
Sith Acolyte

Post by Sidewinder »

Stark wrote:Janeway in an incompetent self-obsessed leader who kills her crew through malice and negligence, not a zombie driven by revenge.
Now you're the one making inaccurate statements, you hypocrit. Barbossa was not driven by revenge, he was driven by a desire to free himself from the curse and live again. Incompetent? He allowed the crew to deep-six Bootstrap Turner before realizing they needed Turner's blood to lift the curse. Self-obsessed? He mutinied against Jack Sparrow and marooned his former CO twice, and named himself Sparrow's replacement. Malice? The Black Pearl has a reputation for slaughtering the crew of captured ships, and there's also Bootstrap Turner's unfortunate end- well, the one mentioned in the first movie.
Please do not make Americans fight giant monsters.

Those gun nuts do not understand the meaning of "overkill," and will simply use weapon after weapon of mass destruction (WMD) until the monster is dead, or until they run out of weapons.

They have more WMD than there are monsters for us to fight. (More insanity here.)
Darth Servo
Emperor's Hand

Post by Darth Servo »

And to make things worse, the Eagle 5 Winnebago from Spaceballs is after the shuttle
"everytime a person is born the Earth weighs just a little more."--DMJ on StarTrek.com
"You see now you are using your thinking and that is not a good thing!" DMJay on StarTrek.com

"Watching Sarli argue with Vympel, Stas, Schatten and the others is as bizarre as the idea of the 40-year-old Virgin telling Hugh Hefner that Hef knows nothing about pussy, and that he is the expert."--Elfdart
Glom
Youngling

Post by Glom »

When I first saw it, I thought that trailer line of Janeway's at the end was the coolest. I was twelve at the time. I try not to think about myself at that age. It sickens me.
Swindle1984
Jedi Master

Post by Swindle1984 »

Darth Servo wrote:Image
And to make things worse, the Eagle 5 Winnebago from Spaceballs is after the shuttle
I was thinking the same thing. :lol:
Your ad here.