SPOILERS: Ent finale

PST: discuss Star Trek without "versus" arguments.

Moderator: Vympel

Firefox
Jedi Council Member

SPOILERS: Ent finale

Post by Firefox »

Trek Web.
UPN has issued details on the storyline of the STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE conclusion.

The finale, entitled "These Are The Voyages...," will air May 13 at 9pm, immediately following the penultimate episode, "Terra Prime."

The UPN press release confirms prominent points of the story...

"Six years in the future, an emotional Captain Archer and the crew return to Earth to face the decommission of Enterprise and signing of the Federation charter, ratifying the newly-formed alliance of planets they helped forge."
A. Sounds like the show killer promised earlier, though not the one I was hoping for.

B. So Starfleet had the sense to retire the NX-01, eh? Sarcasm, perhaps?
brianeyci
Emperor's Hand

Post by brianeyci »

Federation charter eh? What does this do for the timeline of Trek, is six years after Archer supposed to be the founding date of the Federation? I wouldn't be suprised if I looked up the number and B&B fucked up continuity once again.

NX-01 probably the same as Khan, badly damaged (this has been suggested before in other threads).

Although the good thing is if the holodeck goes through, we might be able to dismiss at least this episode as a fantasy of Riker and Troi.

Brian
Firefox
Jedi Council Member

Post by Firefox »

Although the good thing is if the holodeck goes through, we might be able to dismiss at least this episode as a fantasy of Riker and Troi.
That's not what it sounds like. It seems to be a review of historical documents on the holodeck by Riker and Troi, although yes, I would've preferred the "it was all a dream" version. Would've preserved continuity, at least.

In that case, I hope Frakes has dropped the weight he's gained since TNG concluded, since it's supposedly the -D where this takes place. It'd be interesting to see him try to fit into his old uniform.
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

brianeyci wrote:Federation charter eh? What does this do for the timeline of Trek, is six years after Archer supposed to be the founding date of the Federation? I wouldn't be suprised if I looked up the number and B&B fucked up continuity once again.
It's not a mess up. The Founding date of the Federation has been stated in TNG to be 2161, which would be 6 years after ENT, and thus right on target. I don't remember the episode, but it involved a game of poker where twos sixes and aces were wild, and the varient was called "Federation Day". :wink:
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Skylon
Jedi Council Member

Post by Skylon »

MariusRoi wrote:It's not a mess up. The Founding date of the Federation has been stated in TNG to be 2161, which would be 6 years after ENT, and thus right on target. I don't remember the episode, but it involved a game of poker where twos sixes and aces were wild, and the varient was called "Federation Day". :wink:
According to the chronology the founding of the UFP also occurs pretty soon after the Romulan Wars, and DC Fontana (not that Berman and Braga give a flying fuck what her opionion is) speculated that the Federation was founded in reaction to the Romulan Wars.

I always figured Enterprise would end with the outbreak of the Romulan Wars.

Random question here, are the recent episodes actually half-decent? I quit watching the show before the first season ended but have heard the more recent stuff has been good...is it really or because of four years of crap a year of half-decent stuff seems like art?
-A.L.
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence...Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - Calvin Coolidge

"If you're falling off a cliff you may as well try to fly, you've got nothing to lose." - John Sheridan (Babylon 5)

"Sometimes you got to roll the hard six." - William Adama (Battlestar Galactica)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Skylon wrote: Random question here, are the recent episodes actually half-decent? I quit watching the show before the first season ended but have heard the more recent stuff has been good...is it really or because of four years of crap a year of half-decent stuff seems like art?
Yes, since Coto started focusing on tying into/setting up the TOS/TNG eras. This, in a bout of irony, turned off some die-hard fans of the show that wanted it to have nothing to do with the original/spin-offs. Either way, it's not the best episodes of Trek ever produced, but it's better than the first three seasons.
Praxis
Sith Acolyte

Post by Praxis »

Also here:
http://www.trektoday.com/news/240305_01.shtml

Hmm. Riker and Troi, eh? Are the rumors that the entire Enterprise will have been on a holodeck show by Riker and Troi true?
TimothyC
Of Sector 2814

Post by TimothyC »

Praxis wrote:Also here:
http://www.trektoday.com/news/240305_01.shtml

Hmm. Riker and Troi, eh? Are the rumors that the entire Enterprise will have been on a holodeck show by Riker and Troi true?
It's just this one episode.

Atleast that's what came out from backstage sources. And from what I've heard, the future part (ie the episode being 6 years in the future from the rest of season 4) is Coto's doing to prevent the HUGE mess up that Braga wrote into the script from stopping any possible later seasons.
"I believe in the future. It is wonderful because it stands on what has been achieved." - Sergei Korolev
Darth Lucifer
Jedi Council Member

Post by Darth Lucifer »

Firefox wrote:In that case, I hope Frakes has dropped the weight he's gained since TNG concluded, since it's supposedly the -D where this takes place. It'd be interesting to see him try to fit into his old uniform.
The best thing to do is determine when Jonathan was heaviest with the beard, and pin it down on that season, by mentioneing the stardate or seeing it somewhere. Keep the beard, since I never liked him shaved anyway.

I'm wondering more about Marina Sirtis. I'm happy to see her in any uniform again!
:luv: :P :luv: :D :twisted: :mrgreen: :luv: :angelic:
Montcalm
Emperor's Hand

Post by Montcalm »

brianeyci wrote:Federation charter eh? What does this do for the timeline of Trek, is six years after Archer supposed to be the founding date of the Federation? I wouldn't be suprised if I looked up the number and B&B fucked up continuity once again.

NX-01 probably the same as Khan, badly damaged (this has been suggested before in other threads).

Brian
*Funny comedic moment idea* Riker tells Troi that Barclay's holo-addiction was less annoying than the ones Lt Archer has. :lol:
Jerry Orbach 1935 2004
Admiral Valdemar~You know you've fucked up when Wacky Races has more realistic looking vehicles than your own.